Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM   #2971
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, Caroline is such a sweetie that doing something like that would upset HER more than her opponent. But as a rule I don't mind a little gamesmanship. I started following tennis when it was more or less accepted as part of the game. Today everyone is so nice that judging by the way players behave you'd never know that it was professional sports. Not that I have a problem with that, but I didn't have a problem with Hingis, Capriati, or even Connors or McEnroe either. The whole of TF explodes at every tiny incident that can hardly be called an incident. They are so desperate for something to happen that they can't resist to make something out of nothing. Everyone pretends to hate that stuff but everyone really loves it. Just look at the whole commotion about Serena and Sloane. Or even that Coco chick vs Putintseva on twitter. Everyone loves a grudge match, whether they are honest enough to admit it or not. Imagine that Serena, Vika and Maria brought out their inner-Jimmy Connors and started talking trash about each other. Ratings for womens tennis would go through the roof, no doubt about it.
Part of me enjoys that aspect of sports too,though,as you posted,Caroline just doesn't have that in her.

There's a delicate balance there,so we must use sound subjective judgment;threatening to kill umpires has no place in the game,IMO,and it would also be totally classless if a player joked with Shahar Peer about her ancestors being in the Holocaust.Most gamesmanship isn't nearly THAT bad,but it would be foolish to give the players free reign.If I were an ATP player whose mother had just died...and an opponent made light of it during a break...I might turn to the chair umpire and tell him to call the match(though I probably wouldn't waste a split second)...and THEN I'd force the other guy to eat his food with a straw for the next month.FORGET the fine!Defending my family's honor would be worth it and,since I seriously doubt that many ATP players would ever risk getting hit in the face if they could avoid it by ANY means,my message would come thorough loud and clear to the rest of the ATP crowd

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM   #2972
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Part of me enjoys that aspect of sports too,though,as you posted,Caroline just doesn't have that in her.

There's a delicate balance there,so we must use sound subjective judgment;threatening to kill umpires has no place in the game,IMO,and it would also be totally classless if a player joked with Shahar Peer about her ancestors being in the Holocaust.Most gamesmanship isn't nearly THAT bad,but it would be foolish to give the players free reign.If I were an ATP player whose mother had just died...and an opponent made light of it during a break...I might turn to the chair umpire and tell him to call the match(though I probably wouldn't waste a split second)...and THEN I'd force the other guy to eat his food with a straw for the next month.FORGET the fine!Defending my family's honor would be worth it and,since I seriously doubt that many ATP players would ever risk getting hit in the face if they could avoid it by ANY means,my message would come thorough loud and clear to the rest of the ATP crowd
Threatening to kill umpires... But seriously - yes, I agree. It should be limited to the tennis. "I will kick your butt" type of stuff.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM   #2973
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/videos/arti...acki-interview

can´t understand..

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #2974
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
This is nothing. In "Het Nieuwsblad" (a Belgian newspaper) she says that she thinks that she's playing the best tennis of her life right now.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2975
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

That interview cannot be serious, she gives off the impression that nothing is wrong. Am I alone when I say when says "(I am looking forward to) playing the French Open again, it's always exciting to be playing a grand slam, that should be good fun", that her body language seems to suggest the total opposite, I don't get any enthusiasm whatsoever from her tone.

As she says herself in that interview, her actions right now give off the impression of someone hoping it happens for her, rather than trying to make it happen. There doesn't seem to be any "learning from it".
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2976
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is nothing. In "Het Nieuwsblad" (a Belgian newspaper) she says that she thinks that she's playing the best tennis of her life right now.
Is she for real! If she really believes in it then I guess there is no hope for her!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2977
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Surely that's a misquote or mistranslation?

Caro wouldn't actually suggest/imply that playing the best tennis of her life would lead to repeatedly losing to players a lot lower than her, right?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2978
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no

Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:15 PM   #2979
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Is she for real! If she really believes in it then I guess there is no hope for her!
I love her so much, but she is over the top. She really think she is the queen. She didn´t want to change coach and work hard. Sorry, but this make me sad and angry.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:15 PM   #2980
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that online anywhere? When was it printed?
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2981
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

Caro wouldn't actually suggest/imply that playing the best tennis of her life would lead to repeatedly losing to players a lot lower than her, right?
You can hear her words also in the video. She is not normal, sorry...

Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2982
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
That interview cannot be serious, she gives off the impression that nothing is wrong. Am I alone when I say when says "(I am looking forward to) playing the French Open again, it's always exciting to be playing a grand slam, that should be good fun", that her body language seems to suggest the total opposite, I don't get any enthusiasm whatsoever from her tone.
IMO,Caro did a reasonably good job of acting by putting on a nice smile but,yeah,I got the exact same impression.Personally,I'd like to see one of two choices by calendar year's end--Retirement or New coach,preferably the latter

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:47 PM   #2983
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

No, it isn't.

Commenting on her 67 weeks as #1: "I have been #1. It was a dream for me. A unbelievable experience, but I don't necessarily have to repeat that. You have to set realistic goals for yourself. Serena Williams has destroyed everyone in Madrid and Rome. I don't see her going anywhere anytime soon. But I think I'm playing my best tennis ever now. I'm stronger, I'm older and I'm wiser. Besides, there are other things that I haven't done yet" (meaning winning a slam).

Thank you LI NA
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2984
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Is that online anywhere? When was it printed?
On Tuesday.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM   #2985
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
But I don't think she really believes that. The Caro that talks to the media says different things than the Caro who talks to her inner circle. She tries to put a positive spin on things, and while doing so she sounds like tennis' version of comical Ali, but I don't think it represents in any shape or form how she's really feeling. I'm 99.99999% sure of that.

Thank you LI NA
Closed Thread