Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:35 PM   #421
country flag james_von05

james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light james_von05 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Any news on Laura's preparation?
james_von05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #422
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura on her way to Paris now.

Quote:
Laura Robson ‏@laurarobson5 1h
@hicksonite the Giraffe at Heathrow t5 doesn't do all day brekkie. All I want is an omelette! #middleclassproblems @midclassprobs

Last edited by Royals. : May 22nd, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #423
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

So guys, what do you reckon?

ROBSON V WOZNIACKI R1

Caro is 1-5 on clay this year and has lost in the first round of last 4 events...any chance of her picking up for Paris or will she be praying for an error fest from Laura?
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #424
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
So guys, what do you reckon?

ROBSON V WOZNIACKI R1

Caro is 1-5 on clay this year and has lost in the first round of last 4 events...any chance of her picking up for Paris or will she be praying for an error fest from Laura?
Laura always gets the high profile matches, it's so funny now.

I don't think it'll be so straightforward as everyone is thinking. Although Laura loves playing as the underdog, Woz could bounce back and play really well.

Has anyone got Laura's full quarter? I don't know who else she's projected to play.
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #425
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

Well of all the seeds to draw Woz is probably the best - she has looked terrible the last few weeks.

Slightly concerned the assumption is that this is Laura's to lose - when that happens Laura tends to lose! Then again if she brings her play from the Radwanska match to this then she should win.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #426
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

【10】woz - laura
Q - jovanovski
pamentier - Rybarikova
Kuzz - 【22】Maka

【29】Lepchenko - Lucic
Oprandi - Svitolina
Ceplova - Machale
Bathel -【8】Kerber
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #427
country flag GS2
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice GS2 is just really nice

There are some tough players in there but they do tend to be on the inconsistent side. Certainly there are worse places in the draw to be. If she can make it past Wozniacki then that's a pretty nice second round draw as well.
GS2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #428
Royals.

Most think Laura will win. Which is not a good sign.

Woz is a good player, i'm not underestimating her.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #429
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Yeah I'm excited about this draw but also concerned. We all know what Laura is like, if she brings her Aga/Li form she should blow Caro away the way she's been playing lately. But..this is Laura and Caro's game style does not match up well with her, if Caro picks up and plays like a wall Laura will have to keep her errors down or else she'll throw it away.

It's a weird match actually, it's a good draw in that out of the top seeds Caro would be the one you would chose, but equally her game style is made to play Laura. Laura probably will go into this as the favourite which is never a good sign I'd say 60-40% in favour of Laura right now, though I am a pessimist generally.

IF (big if) she wins R1, its a nice draw overall, obvs Kuzzy is dangerous and Kerber but all are inconsistant. But then Laura could equally lose R2. So who knows?

An interesting draw with possibilities.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #430
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, if Laura doesn't win this I will be disappointed. Caro's clay season has been dreadful (not one win!) and Laura should win.

Also, she needs to get those extra points so that she can be seeded at Wimbledon!

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #431
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
Most think Laura will win. Which is not a good sign.

Woz is a good player, i'm not underestimating her.
This 100%

It's not the best draw, but it could also be a whole lot worse. Despite everything Wozniacki is still a former #1 and she's going to make Laura play a lot of balls! She also won't underestimate Laura.

Laura has a chance & I will be disappointed if she doesn't win, but I won't be putting money on it. Laura still has questions to answer & things to prove.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #432
country flag pennychange

pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice

The pessimist in me, says not to take it foregranted, but you can bet Wozniacki is thinking the Danish equivalent of FML at the moment ;-)

All you can hope for is a decent draw with no gigantic roadblocks early on (like Rome last week), and this is a very decent quarter. It is right up to the quarters before (current) top class opposition arrives, and Kerber hasn't done anything of dramatic note on clay this year either (think she's reached one premier semi, which is decent) so there's a good chance in that matchup too if she gets that far, and she has beaten her before (albeit on grass before the surge).

Fingers crossed Groeneveld will be earning his money now by prepping Laura well and getting her into the mindset of 'this girl can't hurt you', because if she stays patient and plays intelligently she will sweep Wozniacki away.

I really like what we've seen so far in the clay season from Laura. Something about the speed of the surface, seems to give her just that tiny bit more time to use the tennis brain, because she can play very intelligently and use the power a lot better than she tends to on hard courts. She's been hitting some cracking spins and angles on the red dirt this year, and that extra intelligence and patience could be key to wearing down a grinder like Wozniacki.

Good draw - fingers crossed!
pennychange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #433
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Take out the top 4 or 5 plus Kvitova at her best and there is not a lot to choose between them all the way down to seed no 32. Depending on the weather & which side of bed she gets out of, apart from the top few Laura could beat or lose to anyone down to 100ish.

For the last month Laura's best has been even better than Sept - Oct last year. The long expected improvement coming at last but let's hope she has been working on the right areas since Rome and concentrated on her weaknesses & not her strengths.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #434
country flag pennychange

pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice pennychange is just really nice

Ooh slight revision of my previous comment.. My poor maths coming to the fore, that portion of the draw is only down to 1/16 level, so Kerber would be a fourth rounder. Still a damn good draw either way. QF would likely be Serena if such heady heights presented!!
pennychange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #435
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennychange View Post
Fingers crossed Groeneveld will be earning his money now by prepping Laura well and getting her into the mindset of 'this girl can't hurt you', because if she stays patient and plays intelligently she will sweep Wozniacki away.
Won't he recuse himself?
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote