Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1591
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Clay Court 2013: Sam on the Road to Roland Garros

Good to hear that Sam's ninth seeding is safe. It doesn't really have any effect on anything, but it's a moral (aka completely inconsequential) victory at least Sam doesn't have too much to defend at Wimbledon (as always ) or in the lead up to the USO, so if Caro goes past her after RG hopefully Sam will peg her back before the USO.

I agree re: GM. In the past it's had its own charm just because of how galling the idiocy and bitchiness was, but increasingly it just seems dull and pointless. I guess there are a few diamonds in the rough (mostly bobito's cartoons).
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1592

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
If Sam cant win the FO I would like to see either Na, Petra or a complete non top 10 random win it...or just for fun, Maria beats Serena in the final so that GM explodes.
I would love this. GM would be an absolute disaster area

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #1593
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
Good to hear that Sam's ninth seeding is safe. It doesn't really have any effect on anything, but it's a moral (aka completely inconsequential) victory at least Sam doesn't have too much to defend at Wimbledon (as always ) or in the lead up to the USO, so if Caro goes past her after RG hopefully Sam will peg her back before the USO.

I agree re: GM. In the past it's had its own charm just because of how galling the idiocy and bitchiness was, but increasingly it just seems dull and pointless. I guess there are a few diamonds in the rough (mostly bobito's cartoons).
My impression is that the worst shit on GM is posted by just a few people. These days the worst are not the out and out trolls (the mods seem to have weeded the worst of them out) but the fanatical Serena fans, who just go on and on and on, insisting that every post containing even the mildest hint of criticism of Serena is motivated by vile racism and rabid hatred of Serena.

These people are crazy, seriously, I swear they want people to hate on Serena, just so they can have something to bitch about. The other day there was even one guy who responded to a thread in which Serena was getting a lot of praise, by claiming that all that praise was fake. According to him it just a devious way for the haters to get their hooks even deeper into his fave. I mean: what the fuck?????
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #1594
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
My impression is that the worst shit on GM is posted by just a few people. These days the worst are not the out and out trolls (the mods seem to have weeded the worst of them out) but the fanatical Serena fans, who just go on and on and on, insisting that every post containing even the mildest hint of criticism of Serena is motivated by vile racism and rabid hatred of Serena.

These people are crazy, seriously, I swear they want people to hate on Serena, just so they can have something to bitch about. The other day there was even one guy who responded to a thread in which Serena was getting a lot of praise, by claiming that all that praise was fake. According to him it just a devious way for the haters to get their hooks even deeper into his fave. I mean: what the fuck?????
Stay with us Stro! Don't get infuriated by those people, they are just not interesting.
And you have my own personal authorization for a small glass of whiskey today, ahead of RG.
B.

Last edited by bertisonline : May 20th, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #1595
country flag sunsets21

sunsets21 has disabled reputation

Quote:
I've actually stopped going to GM probably about last year. It's just the same old thing on repeat and is horribly uninteresting. Was it always like this? I genuinely can't remember.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:24 AM   #1596
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:

Pretty much

The way they went on about the Sloane incident was just stupid. Even some of the smartest (or so I thought) fans of Serena like RVD talked bullshit about how they diagnosed Sloane with a mental condition just because she said her mind, and then when I said Serena has done worse things in her career he started calling me a racist And then he wrote an essay on how Serena is being abused so much and needing support
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:22 AM   #1597

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binky-GOAT View Post
Pretty much

The way they went on about the Sloane incident was just stupid. Even some of the smartest (or so I thought) fans of Serena like RVD talked bullshit about how they diagnosed Sloane with a mental condition just because she said her mind, and then when I said Serena has done worse things in her career he started calling me a racist And then he wrote an essay on how Serena is being abused so much and needing support
Ugh, the Sloane incident, don't get me started. Everything they've ever accused people of doing to their fave (taking things out of context, interpretions not supported by facts, making things up out of thin air) Serena fans did to Sloane, X 1000.

And the never ending sermons, Jesus, if there has ever been a better way to kill a thread than that I've yet to come across it. It's a crying shame, because more often than not the poster on the receiving end of the sermon raised a perfectly valid point, or at least something that you could have a rational discussion about. But once the Serena inquisition arrives, there is no chance of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
Stay with us Stro! Don't get infuriated by those people, they are just not interesting.
And you have my own personal authorization for a small glass of whiskey today, ahead of RG.
B.
Thanks Bertrand, but if I start taking shots of whiskey as a way of dealing with GM, I'll be in rehab before RG even starts
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:09 AM   #1598
country flag Dazza01

Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks Bertrand, but if I start taking shots of whiskey as a way of dealing with GM, I'll be in rehab before RG even starts
Just as long as you have a T.V that gets around-the-clock RG matches in your ward.

(As for GM - it is pretty vile and too full of inane vitriol for me. The new fad is discussing what Putintseva said to Vandeweghe after their match in Brussels, and some of the posters and what they can spew out...I swear, they feed off of drama, anger and spite. I guess that is nothing new, though...)

Amélie Mauresmo - Samantha Stosur
Dazza01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza01 View Post
Just as long as you have a T.V that gets around-the-clock RG matches in your ward.

(As for GM - it is pretty vile and too full of inane vitriol for me. The new fad is discussing what Putintseva said to Vandeweghe after their match in Brussels, and some of the posters and what they can spew out...I swear, they feed off of drama, anger and spite. I guess that is nothing new, though...)
Hmmm, never thought of that. Cheers!
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:53 AM   #1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets21
've actually stopped going to GM probably about last year. It's just the same old thing on repeat and is horribly uninteresting. Was it always like this? I genuinely can't remember.
It's hard to say. I have a feeling that the dominance of the current Big Three has made GM duller and more monopolised by small groups of Serena and Masha fans, but I couldn't say for sure. (Vika fans seem to be quite well-behaved, to my memory).

It's a shame that some of Serena's fans are such hypocritical and aggressive bores; I actually quite like Serena but her fans sometimes make me want her to lose.

Quote:
Also NA-MUG's birdies thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1601

Looks like Sam's decision not to play Brussels was a good one; it looks like a week long Fed Cup tie in Switzerland at present

Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:50 AM   #1602

^Just hope things pick up a bit for RG. The current forecast for the first few days isn't great to say the least.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1603
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

I know it is a little premature to think about this, but I will anyway - The difference between Sam being the 8th seed (in the event of a top 8 pulling out) v 9th seed in terms of the seeded groups she may draw. (Yes I am bored and have no life)

If she is the 8th seed, her potential seeded players she will face are:

3rd round (seeds 25-32) - Cirstea, Shvedova, Paszek, Lepchenko, Venus, Cornet, Lisicki, Bartel
4th Round (seeds 9-12) - Wozniacki, Petrova, Kirilenko, Bartoli

If she is the 9th seed:

3rd Round (seeds 17-24) - Stephens, Jankovic, Pav, Suarez, Flipkens, Makarova, Zakapolova, Goerges
4th Round (seeds 5-8) - Errani, Na, Kvitova, Kerber

I am not sure which is better in terms of match ups. I am starting to hope someone above her pulls out

Thoughts?
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:57 PM   #1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
I know it is a little premature to think about this, but I will anyway - The difference between Sam being the 8th seed (in the event of a top 8 pulling out) v 9th seed in terms of the seeded groups she may draw. (Yes I am bored and have no life)

If she is the 8th seed, her potential seeded players she will face are:

3rd round (seeds 25-32) - Cirstea, Shvedova, Paszek, Lepchenko, Venus, Cornet, Lisicki, Bartel
4th Round (seeds 9-12) - Wozniacki, Petrova, Kirilenko, Bartoli

If she is the 9th seed:

3rd Round (seeds 17-24) - Stephens, Jankovic, Pav, Suarez, Flipkens, Makarova, Zakapolova, Goerges
4th Round (seeds 5-8) - Errani, Na, Kvitova, Kerber

I am not sure which is better in terms of match ups. I am starting to hope someone above her pulls out

Thoughts?
I think 8th would definitely be better, but not by all that much.

I'd say the potentially most dangerous R3 seeds she could face are Jankovic, Goerges (even in crappy form she's dangerous IMO) and CSN, all of whom she could face if she's 9th seed. I'd also say that Errani, Kvitova and NaNa are the most dangerous of the potential R4 seeds, together with Petrova.

So on paper I think she'd be better off in both rounds if she was 8th seed. But the differences are not that great, and in reality not all of these players will make it that far anyway, so at the end of the day I don't think it'll make a huge difference.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1605

^Meanwhile it's raining top 10 withdrawals in the men's draw. First Murray, now Delpo.