Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 195 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM   #2911
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Seriously,when they create the MD on Friday,don't you think that RG might accommodate the Brussels QF-ists by putting all of them on the side of the draw that plays next Tuesday??Even simpler,if the Brussels final were played on Sunday,the two finalists could simply be given a travel day on Monday regardless of their original place in the MD.That would be kind of anal of the French(insert joke here_____)to play hardball;it's not as though those two players would ruin the entire OOP
You can't rig certain players on to a certain side of the draw, there would be mass uproar. In the scheme of things the French Open don't care about about any of the players in Brussels, it's not like any of them are a great draw in Paris. They didn't help Gasquet a couple of years ago when he won Nice and then drew Murray in R1 to play on Monday, there is no chance they help anyone in Brussels.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2912
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
You can't rig certain players on to a certain side of the draw, there would be mass uproar. In the scheme of things the French Open don't care about about any of the players in Brussels, it's not like any of them are a great draw in Paris. They didn't help Gasquet a couple of years ago when he won Nice and then drew Murray in R1 to play on Monday, there is no chance they help anyone in Brussels.
Yeah,I realized the impracticality of the 1st suggestion right after typing it.Still,it wouldn't be any sacrifice at all for RG to let,say,Vinci and Caro,play their first match,if necessary,a day later(hypothetically,their respective sections of the draw might have Tuesday play,anyway).As you say,though,the French don't care because they're a bunch of...............()

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM   #2913
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

These are parting thoughts cuz I'm heading to work,but it really is pathetic that the Brusells heads didn't make use of any indoor facilities.It's almost as if they were saying,'We're getting downgraded to piss-ant Int. status,so why should WE care?' Frankly,they were lucky to even get a slumping Caro with THIS sort of assclown operation.If this is how incomptetently they run the tourney,then perhaps the WTA should just cancel the event after this year and not 2014......Then again,this is the Allaster No-accountability outfit we're talking about,so this event is par for the course,isn't it?

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:54 PM   #2914
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Seriously,when they create the MD on Friday,don't you think that RG might accommodate the Brussels QF-ists by putting all of them on the side of the draw that plays next Tuesday??Even simpler,if the Brussels final were played on Sunday,the two finalists could simply be given a travel day on Monday regardless of their original place in the MD.That would be kind of anal of the French(insert joke here_____)to play hardball;it's not as though those two players would ruin the entire OOP
I doubt it. If Caroline wins this tournament, i think they would accommodate her because she is 10th seed at RG but anyone else, no.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM   #2915
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I doubt it. If Caroline wins this tournament, i think they would accommodate her because she is 10th seed at RG but anyone else, no.
There is no chance of this. Accommodating her just means if she gets in the half that plays Sunday/Monday she will play on Monday. They refused to move Gasquet's match to Tuesday when he requested it in 2010 after winning Nice.

The organisation in Brussels today has been utterly appalling.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2916
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

These kinds of tournaments, like New Haven, they have to get these matches played. One of Caroline's New Haven finals was indoors.
Having a bye this week is a big advantage, but the tournament director has to get these matches played.
There arent any FO contenders there this year, so they're lucky that way. A contender would have to leave Brussels early
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:41 PM   #2917
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
These kinds of tournaments, like New Haven, they have to get these matches played. One of Caroline's New Haven finals was indoors.
Having a bye this week is a big advantage, but the tournament director has to get these matches played.
There aren't any FO contenders there this year, so they're lucky that way. A contender would have to leave Brussels early
I just don't get what they were thinking today. They now have 4 days to effectively play their entire 5 round tournament (4 R1 matches have been completed). Anyone who looked at the weather forecast knew there was a high chance there would be no play today. They have the ability to play 2 matches indoors at a time. Tuesday R1 is pretty minor with regards to TV, sponsors etc., they had to get those matches played today. Now they will just ruin their own tournament, because you will probably get a lot of crap matches as a result.

They now have to schedule 18 matches tomorrow (on to 3 courts I think), and that's not even counting doubles (no idea what they will do with that tbh, probably move it indoors), they are pretty much screwed if there are any delays tomorrow at all.

I guess this will work out well for Caroline if she actually wants to be here though. Firstly she's supremely fit, secondly a lot of the fields motivation will probably be highly questionable now.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM   #2918
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline og Rory er igen rygtet blevet Forlovet? www.seoghoer.dk

But it again roumors about Caro been engaged?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2919
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

They sold tickets, so they want to play outdoors if possible. Thats a financial thing. The weather is costing them a lot of money.
It comes down to weather. They might have to play early round matches indoors, but they want to keep ticket money if possible

Old May 21st, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2920
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the night match yesterday there , there were less than 50 ppl in the crowd...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM   #2921
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
They sold tickets, so they want to play outdoors if possible. Thats a financial thing. The weather is costing them a lot of money.
It comes down to weather. They might have to play early round matches indoors, but they want to keep ticket money if possible
Indoors has at least some seating for fans. Someone asked this on twitter earlier, and they said anyone with tickets would be able to get in to the indoors facility. Given there was probably like 100 people on site yesterday, I doubt there was many more expected today.

If anything this is a reason why they should have moved indoors today, because they now have to refund all the tickets for today.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2922
country flag ozza

This is just damaging the reputation of the tournament. This event is already struggling to attract players. This debacle is hardly making anyone want to come here next year.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM   #2923
country flag goldenlox

There's going to be almost no walk up sales because of this weather. Which is why they wanted name players like Radwanska or Wozniacki

Old May 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM   #2924
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear god, now this is looking 'good'. Hopefully they will put their heads together and put the event under the damn roof.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #2925
country flag ozza

Ironically this will work out very good for Caro if she actually wants it (debatable on recent performances). She has a bye and will probably be facing a bunch of tired opponents. It could be the best chance of a title she will get for the rest of the year.
Closed Thread