Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 194 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM   #2896
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,let's hope that the Belgian weather is more reliable than the army--There were a couple rainouts yesterday but Brussels is almost on schedule...would rather not see Caroline doubling or tripling up to play make-up matches
They have the ability to play at least 2 matches at a time indoors. They'll probably have to use it, because the weather forecast is appalling.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2897
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

No matter what the weather, she should play every match seriously, or as mentally focused as possible. She already has a 4 match losing streak. With grass coming, wins are rare now
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2898
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really get what Brussels are doing tbh. They have got 5 rounds to play, they need to at least get Round 1 done today, otherwise it will involve people having to double up. The problem with that is it's meant to rain all week.

I know they have TV and sponsor commitments, but the end of the tournament is far more important than the beginning.
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM   #2899
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When it rained in Malaysia, I thought it was bad that Caro was there. She had just played well in Dubai, and IW was coming.
Now its different. She hasnt won a match in over a month. She just lost to one of the weakest players around this year, who had lost 8 matches in a row then only won 2 games after beating Caro.
Caroline has stopped competing. She needs to get some fight in her, or she's finished as a top tennis player

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2900
country flag ozza

Well they are not going indoors today, which almost certainly benefits Caro, given her opponent will now be scheduled to play 2 matches tomorrow probably. It's a terrible decision from the organisers though.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:38 PM   #2901
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

This talk of rain reminds me of the good old days when Caro won her until then biggest title in Montreal 2010. Played both semifinal and final monday evening (the SF had been interrupted after two games Saturday, if I'm not mistaken). Then hurried to New Haven, CT, for another title!

Last edited by angliru : May 21st, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2902
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
This talk of rain reminds me of the good old days when Caro until then biggest title in Montreal 2010. Played both semifinal and final monday evening (the SF had been interrupted after two games Saturday, if I'm not mistaken). Then hurried to New Haven, CT, for another title!
I remember that. Rogers Cup final was Monday. That tournament really propelled her to a great run.
I'm still hopeful she can catch fire on hardcourt this fall.
But that fire is missing. She used to be a great competitor

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2903
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Wozniacki ‏@CaroWozniacki 56m
Depressing weather! At least got to practice indoors a bit this morning! pic.twitter.com/R5U1kUnZbf

angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2904
country flag ozza

If Brussels becomes survival of the fittest it would be good for Caroline specifically probably. It tends to ruin tournaments though.
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM   #2905
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
If Brussels becomes survival of the fittest it would be good for Caroline specifically probably. It tends to ruin tournaments though.
And we don't want Caro to be tired at the start of the FO. That could happen if she goes all the way and ends up having to play two matches a day at the end of the week.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:58 PM   #2906
country flag ozza

There are 10 R1 matches left to be played. If none get played today, which is looking reasonably likely, that leaves 18 matches to be played tomorrow. They have no floodlights, it is meant to rain again tomorrow and they have either 3 or 4 outdoor courts. From a tournament perspective it looks utter stupidity to have not moved indoors today. It's not like this is a tournament with scope on their finish day, they absolutely have to finish on Saturday.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2907
country flag ozza

Caro's opponent will be down to play 2 matches tomorrow (match cancelled). If she can't win a match here, it is really looking bad.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM   #2908
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
They have the ability to play at least 2 matches at a time indoors. They'll probably have to use it, because the weather forecast is appalling.
So you're saying that the weather and the Brussels organizers are even LESS competent than the Belgian army(have been worried that the aggressive Belgian War Machine might roll across Europe and destroy the idyllic paradise created by the EU).

On the bright side,Caroline got her match in before the rains today, absolutely DESTROYING Bye without allowing a BP,making a single UE on her forehand or committing one DF.The rest of the field is shaking in their tennis shoes in fear of the Caro-nator

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2909
country flag ozza

Tbh it's another ridiculous decision to have Caro's opponent play 2 matches tomorrow as well. That match should have been one of the priorities today. A cynic would say they are trying to help their top seeds make the latter stages (same is true for Vinci's opponent as well), and when you look at the matches they are trying to play today it really does look like they are.
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM   #2910
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously,when they create the MD on Friday,don't you think that RG might accommodate the Brussels QF-ists by putting all of them on the side of the draw that plays next Tuesday??Even simpler,if the Brussels final were played on Sunday,the two finalists could simply be given a travel day on Monday regardless of their original place in the MD.That would be kind of anal of the French(insert joke here_____)to play hardball;it's not as though those two players would ruin the entire OOP

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread