*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2326
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

I think you are wary of more players before the QF's than I am Patrick. I didn't realise how much of pessimist you were until the last few days . Maybe I am just a resident optimist ha .
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #2327
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I think you are wary of more players before the QF's than I am Patrick. I didn't realise how much of pessimist you were until the last few days . Maybe I am just a resident optimist ha .
You asked who are bad draws. Those players listed Iīd consider bad draws, because they have a high ceiling, are powerful and have proven that they can play well on clay.

I would prefer

R1: Wickmayer
R2: Morita
R3: Cornet
R4: Wozniacki
QF: Kerber

Iīm sure Cornet, Wozniacki and Kerber fans would take that result, too.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #2328
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
#1-#2

Doesnīt matter: Serena or Sharapova.

Greatest possible opponent: Radwanska, cause that can only happen in the final.

#5-#8

Bad: Na Li, Kvitova. If they reach the QF, that likely means they play well.

Good: Errani

Very Good: Kerber

Matches I donīt need to see: STOSUR, CIBULKOVA, Petrova, Kirilenko, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Halep, Lisicki, Stephens, Robson.

I think she can beat almost anybody on the surface, but there are also a lot of stumbling blocks. Draw will be crucial.
Agreed. I want her to avoid any first week surprises in her draw.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #2329
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I worried about is that there going be some Dangerous unseeded player like Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Madison Keys. But as for Seeded Players I wouldn't want her near Na Li, Kvitova, Venus, Lisicki, Shvedova, Sloane or Pavlyuchenkova

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #2330
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Except from the obvious semi final pick. I dont want her to draw Na Li in the quarters. May be very hard in RG.

Before that i think it is just a question of playing good or not. I would even like a rematch with Makarova.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #2331
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Except from the obvious semi final pick. I dont want her to draw Na Li in the quarters. May be very hard in RG.

Before that i think it is just a question of playing good or not. I would even like a rematch with Makarova.
Me too. It's up to Vika really, barring any strange circumstances bot making the semi final would be disappointing

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #2332
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I think vika played well in the final. But you can see that she is not as calm compared to on hard courts. Even though the shoreline was bad, she did ok. Higher first serves. But she was not allowed to go to rallies by Serena. She needs to make sure her returns don't sit up as much for others to whack them cos they have time on clay to do so.

Good warm ups. I think mentally she is strong enough to get to semis. If the draw is not too difficult.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2333
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
#1-#2

Doesnīt matter: Serena or Sharapova.

Greatest possible opponent: Radwanska, cause that can only happen in the final.

#5-#8

Bad: Na Li, Kvitova. If they reach the QF, that likely means they play well.

Good: Errani

Very Good: Kerber

Matches I donīt need to see: STOSUR, CIBULKOVA, Petrova, Kirilenko, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Kuznetsova, Kanepi, Halep, Lisicki, Stephens, Robson.

I think she can beat almost anybody on the surface, but there are also a lot of stumbling blocks. Draw will be crucial.

Agreed. This is vika's worst surface and the lack of confidence is evident. On top of that her shot selection in the finals were really poor..might be due to lack of match play.
So early round surprises are not needed.
Although I don't think she will be able to avoid all the possible threats you mentioned considering her history of not getting easy slam draws ( barring last AO). Let's hope for the best. She actually doesn't have much to lose.
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #2334
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
A lot will depend on the draw. Unlike hardcourts she is dependent on a good draw to make a deep run on clay and to a lesser extent on grass. But I have a sneaky feeling Sharapova is going to be upset before the semifinal. Her consistency is absolutely insane. She is overdue for an earlier loss.
nah don't think so.
Apart from serena I don't thing anybody has the game to bear her on clay at the moment.she is lock for the final.
In fact serena despite her formidable form is more likely to get upset cause of her focus issues.
Out of the top 3 vika is the most likely one to get out before QFs though.
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2335
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
nah don't think so.
Apart from serena I don't thing anybody has the game to bear her on clay at the moment.she is lock for the final.
In fact serena despite her formidable form is more likely to get upset cause of her focus issues.
Out of the top 3 vika is the most likely one to get out before QFs though.
I agree completely with everything you said. I still think Pova will somehow lose earlier. Itīs just a gut feeling not actually based on anything else. Maybe itīs wishful thinking, because Vika should at least be #2 and opposing Serena in draws instead of Sharapova. But Vika missing two PMs just canīt get by her, because no-fuckin-body besides Vika and Serena can beat Sharapova.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #2336
country flag viktory

Quote:
I agree completely with everything you said. I still think Pova will somehow lose earlier. Itīs just a gut feeling not actually based on anything else. Maybe itīs wishful thinking, because Vika should at least be #2 and opposing Serena in draws instead of Sharapova. But Vika missing two PMs just canīt get by her, because no-fuckin-body besides Vika and Serena can beat Sharapova.
I guess you will have your wish in Wimbledon when suddenly sabinegoat turns up
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #2337
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
But as Exordes said in the Ranks thread. Vika can pass Sharapova in Paris. I think it is enough if Vika reach quarter final as long as Sharapova doesnt win. That is not unlikely. (Edit: I may have calculated this incorrect )

This will be interesting to follow. Because that could turn out crucial in Wimbledon to be final seeded.

As a secondary thing of course. And only for the fans. Vika should just go for the title.

Last edited by garwe : May 21st, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #2338
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Victoria Azarenka becomes youngest woman to cross $20 million in career earnings
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/?section=pre&id=10070

Quote:
World no. 3 Victoria Azarenka has become the youngest woman to cross the $20 million career prize money milestone. The Belarusian, who has won two grand slam titles in her career so far, achieved the milestone by reaching the finals in Rome on Sunday, where she was beaten by world no. 1 Serena Williams.

Despite falling in the Rome final to Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka can take solace in the fact that her runner-up showing pushed her past the $20 million mark in career prize money, making her the 10th player to join that list and the fourth active one. Not only that, but she is the youngest player to achieve the feat.

Here is the complete list, along with the age at which they surpassed $20 million:
Serena currently tops the all time prize money list with earnings of over $44.5 million. Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova, at no. 2 and no. 3 respectively, are the other active players on the list.

PLAYER / PRIZE MONEY/ AGE AT $20 MILLION

SERENA WILLIAMS $44,549,390 26
VENUS WILLIAMS $28,674,658 28
MARIA SHARAPOVA $25,689,934 25
KIM CLIJSTERS $24,442,340 27
LINDSAY DAVENPORT $22,166,338 29
STEFFI GRAF $21,895,277 26
MARTINA NAVRATILOVA $21,626,089 38
JUSTINE HENIN $20,863,335 27
MARTINA HINGIS $20,130,657 26
VICTORIA AZARENKA $20,104,361 23
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:28 PM   #2339
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
How about Vika Azarenka vs Ekaterina Makarova plus Marina Alves?.... Unfortunately it looks like Makarova has some sort of injury because she had to retire against Melanie Oudin in Rome.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:22 AM   #2340
country flag Patrick345

In retrospective R16 at the French Open last year was a great achievement considering what two weeks of training with Mauresmo have done to Bartoliīs career.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Closed Thread