Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 192 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #2866
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Hey guys...I've opened a thread where I am putting my pics and reports from Rome, sadly my experience with Caroline has been quite much of a disaster and I took only a couple of pics and I am yet to write the report about that match (which will be really hurtful) but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=535018

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2867
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Caroline opened as favourite to win the title in Brussels. Though I guess that is just a reflection of the field, this is the weakest premier you will see all year. On top of that nearly everyone in the field is out of form.
Really true. She has to win the title. No excuse.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #2868
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Really true. She has to win the title. No excuse.
Thats asking a lot. She has to play more solid, more consistent.
I was reading the GM thread about Ivanovic's weight, and her biggest fans think it was poor coaching, that changing her serve took her out of mentally strong zone and made her mentally weak.
Very similar to Caroline's forehand.
Coaches think a player is a lump of clay and they can mold them the way the coach wants. Only a very few can handle that.
Ivanovic and Wozniacki could not handle coaches messing with their technique that made them successful and they both became mentally weak
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2869
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ i don't think it that i think it more of caroline have yet too improve while other have made the improvement in there game, that something caro need too do. I feel noone really can blame her father or the Adidas coach do to the fact they were the ones who help her many time when she was at top woman tennis, I think Caroline need a coach too help her make those improvement in her game

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #2870
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Her dad and the adidas coaches were with Caroline as her game collapsed.
But it happened, and now its up to Caro to get mentally tougher despite the poor coaching, or continue like the last 2 years, where she is a total noncontender at the big events

Old May 19th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #2871
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Thats asking a lot. She has to play more solid, more consistent.
I was reading the GM thread about Ivanovic's weight, and her biggest fans think it was poor coaching, that changing her serve took her out of mentally strong zone and made her mentally weak.
Very similar to Caroline's forehand.
Coaches think a player is a lump of clay and they can mold them the way the coach wants. Only a very few can handle that.
Ivanovic and Wozniacki could not handle coaches messing with their technique that made them successful and they both became mentally weak
Well,I was a fan of the Serb for 5 years and can tell you that she was NEVER mentally strong.During her fluke 12 months,from Spring 2007-Spring 2008,she played with more confidence than usual and didn't manifest her weakness quite as frequently,but she wasn't ever STRONG,in the truest meaning of the word.

Still,your main thrust is on target,once again;Caroline's confidence,like the Serb's,grew much weaker because of the foolhardy tinkering tactics that her team tried to implement.By itself,tinkering to improve Caroline's forehand and serve weren't bad ideas,as even the GREATEST players seek to broaden their games(e.g.,Evert's learning to volley more reliably).However,the manner in which the changes were implemented left most all of us scratching our heads....So I suppose that your comparison isn't too bad;in one,a weakling became significantly weakER and,in the other,a formerly poised player,our Caroline,has begun looking lost out there on court

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Oakland Raiders 0-4 with Dennis Allen as coach, 0-5 with Tony Sparano: A model of consistency
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #2872
country flag goldenlox

Ivanovic was never as consistent as Wozniacki. Very few players win 12 titles in less than 2 years.
Caroline was ultra-consistent. Very mentally focused.
It just not there anymore. She was in 15 semis out of 19 tournaments.
So to play 5 tournaments and only win 2 matches is a 180 degree shift

Old May 19th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #2873
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

No where to go but up at this tournament. Better try to get some match wins here or else RG will be a disaster.
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #2874
country flag Ryusuke Tenma

Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light

As long as she tries her best, she'll get back to into form eventually. She's still young and can still kick ass in the future.

Simona Halep...perhaps a bright spot in an otherwise dark tour?
Caroline Wozniacki...underrated former #1 with a hopeful return to form in the future.
Errani, Schiavone, Vinci...Talented tacticians who use variety and their heads.
Ryusuke Tenma is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #2875
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Ivanovic was never as consistent as Wozniacki. Very few players win 12 titles in less than 2 years.
Caroline was ultra-consistent. Very mentally focused.
It just not there anymore. She was in 15 semis out of 19 tournaments.
So to play 5 tournaments and only win 2 matches is a 180 degree shift
And the stats support you there;as a former fan,I can tell you that AI has NEVER--not even ONCE--made 3 straight SFs or better.In fact,she's only twice made 3 straight QUARTERfinals;the first run was quite impressive(though a clear fluke),in 2007,with a Berlin title,RG final,Ordina QFs,Wimby SFs and L.A. title.The 2nd time was when Guenthardt pulled her career out of the toilet(and she rewarded him with a firing--you're all class,Ana).A Beijing QF loss to Caro led to 3 decent MM results: A Linz title,Lux. QF,and MM YEC title in Bali.

Caroline's accomplishments speak for themselves,and you've already cited one of them above and some of the many others in your prior posts.'TennisFan' correctly states that Caroline had the final say in the so-called strategy that was implemented at the start of 2012.However,did she become so hard-headed that she just closed her ears to her father and her Adidas team? That doesn't sound consistent with the Caroline that we've seen over these years...which raises the question,'What in the hell were Piotr and Adidas telling her during all of that?'.I must respectfully disagree with Burisleif on the effectiveness of APDP.If this is the best that they can improve Caro's serve after all those years of 'expert coaching',then they're as useless as teats on a bull.I'd still love to see part-time Adidas coach,Steffi Graf,have a constructive sit-down with Caroline(hopefully,Steffi wouldn't turn too timid to speak frankly).Piotr should at least seek out a respected coach whom he can work with,thus allowing him to remain a part of the team for Caro's sake while giving her a chance to receive some better counsel

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Oakland Raiders 0-4 with Dennis Allen as coach, 0-5 with Tony Sparano: A model of consistency
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2876
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,I was a fan of the Serb for 5 years and can tell you that she was NEVER mentally strong.During her fluke 12 months...
12 months is a bit too long to consider it a fluke, don't you think? On the other hand, Roger Federer during his fluke ten years....
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2877
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Caroline opened as favourite to win the title in Brussels. Though I guess that is just a reflection of the field, this is the weakest premier you will see all year. On top of that nearly everyone in the field is out of form.
I was looking at some odds a few minutes ago and Vinci was the favorite.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : May 19th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #2878
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
12 months is a bit too long to consider it a fluke, don't you think? On the other hand, Roger Federer during his fluke ten years....
ABSOLUTELY NOT!Especially when there are seven years' worth of evidence to prove the norm.You REALLY missed the boat on THAt one...so we'll throw you a life preserver to keep you from drowning

There are COUNTLESS examples in sports when an athlete has had a fluke season,when a mediocre AF player scored 15 goals and never reached five for the rest of his career...the same is true for the NFL,NBA,NHL,baseball,etc.,etc.,etc.

Even in the WTA,we have other examples such as Nadia Petrova's 12-month stretch when she reached #3,then reverted to normal;Anna Kournikova's brief run to #6 in the world,then singles mediocrity in all the years that followed;and Michaella Krajicek,who had 3 titles by the age of 16 and then vanished into complete irrelevance.There are TONS of seasonal flukes...as many critics try to attribute to Caroline's run at #1

....Am taking off for now but,if you'd like to debate this further,just send me a PM so that we don't stray off-topic too much

Old May 19th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #2879
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I was looking at some odds a few minutes ago and Vinci was the favorite.
"Opened as a favourite", normally it takes a while to correct itself in events like this where there is a lot of guess work in the odds as oppose to grand slams where it's just the same pattern every event. I guess Vinci is/was the most popular bet in this field. Myself, I wouldn't know who to trust here at all. Vinci has been pretty bad in Madrid and Rome.

I don't think any loss will be good for Caroline's confidence here tbh.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #2880
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
ABSOLUTELY NOT!Especially when there are seven years' worth of evidence to prove the norm.You REALLY missed the boat on THAt one...so we'll throw you a life preserver to keep you from drowning

There are COUNTLESS examples in sports when an athlete has had a fluke season,when a mediocre AF player scored 15 goals and never reached five for the rest of his career...the same is true for the NFL,NBA,NHL,baseball,etc.,etc.,etc.

Even in the WTA,we have other examples such as Nadia Petrova's 12-month stretch when she reached #3,then reverted to normal;Anna Kournikova's brief run to #6 in the world,then singles mediocrity in all the years that followed;and Michaella Krajicek,who had 3 titles by the age of 16 and then vanished into complete irrelevance.There are TONS of seasonal flukes...as many critics try to attribute to Caroline's run at #1
Caroline will get lumped as a fluke if things don't improve, and right now the light at the end of the tunnel isn't really there to see.

Someone mentioned yesterday I think (or very recently anyway) about how Caroline seemed to change her game how her critics said she needed to, to win grand slams. Every one of those critics of Caroline when she was #1 currently feel vindicated, they feel like they were right all along.

Last edited by ozza : May 20th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread