Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #331
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

And in 2010 Serena's ground game at Wimbledon was awful.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #332
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

All I want as long as Serena continues in the tour is respectable losses to World No -2 & 3 Maria & Vika in the hands of Serena and not the humiliation they got in her hands just like in Olympics.
Tennispower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #333
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

The thing I expect from Maria (except obviously to find a way to be competitive with Serena) is to take advantage of Serena's losses. Maria is easily the second best player on the tour and should be able to beat all the others on a good day (this year IMO her level of play is better than Vika's even on HC). But she didn't do that in the AO this year, which was a great opportunity to win a slam. After seeing Serena lose in the QF she should have come ready and firing but instead we all know what happened
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #334
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
The thing I expect from Maria (except obviously to find a way to be competitive with Serena) is to take advantage of Serena's losses. Maria is easily the second best player on the tour and should be able to beat all the others on a good day (this year IMO her level of play is better than Vika's even on HC). But she didn't do that in the AO this year, which was a great opportunity to win a slam. After seeing Serena lose in the QF she should have come ready and firing but instead we all know what happened
Couldn't agree more but yeah like you said she always fail to do so.
OZ 2012, in Miami 2012, this year in OZ and then of course when Serena is playing better she is obviously beating up on Maria on her way.
I'm sick of this, when Maria finally beat Vika just like it happened at the YEC she met Serena in the final.
Maria sometimes is just peaking at the wrong time and her schedule is very suspect.
Just like this year, why not withdraw from Madrid (cause she said she was already feeling weird over there) and try to play her very best in Rome, winning it would have given her a lot of confidence.

Now we just have to hope winning Stuttgart and reaching Madrid final is enough for her confidence but we know losing to Serena doesn't really hurt her anymore anyway, she is just used to that and bounce pretty damn well everytime.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #335
country flag AniaSharapova

AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold AniaSharapova is a splendid one to behold

I'm sure winning Stuttgart and final in Madrid gave her confidence to RG but i totally agree her clay schedule should be different this year. She should skip Madrid, preparing in Rome to win and gain some positive vibes before major.
Maria is not type of player who dwell on loses, which she proved to us many times in her career but sometimes she just has to be more clever with scheduling (for example playing in Dubai instead of Doha this year).
I do not mean she should run away from Serena but trying to avoid her as often as it's possible. We see it clearly that winning against Williams is extremely difficult challenge for her and for now impossible.
AniaSharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #336
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Couldn't agree more but yeah like you said she always fail to do so.
OZ 2012, in Miami 2012, this year in OZ and then of course when Serena is playing better she is obviously beating up on Maria on her way.
I'm sick of this, when Maria finally beat Vika just like it happened at the YEC she met Serena in the final.
Maria sometimes is just peaking at the wrong time and her schedule is very suspect.
Just like this year, why not withdraw from Madrid (cause she said she was already feeling weird over there) and try to play her very best in Rome, winning it would have given her a lot of confidence.

Now we just have to hope winning Stuttgart and reaching Madrid final is enough for her confidence but we know losing to Serena doesn't really hurt her anymore anyway, she is just used to that and bounce pretty damn well everytime.
I think Maria would have gained some confidence from that set win from Serena in Miami, so might have expected that she has a chance against her, like we all expected after Serena's form in previous two rounds prior to final in Madrid. I think winning Madrid and tanking Rome after a couple of match wins might be her plan, because she already has enough practice on clay.But things did not went according to plan (Even a success compared to last year)in Madrid final, she might have thought of keeping herself relatively fresh for the coming FO. But as long as Serena in contention in FO no other player has a chance, but as far as Maria is concerned this is her best chance still to beat Serena if they both reach FO final, which IMO can definitely happen. If she does not now then never ever in her career she can beat Serena.

Last edited by Tennispower : May 18th, 2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #337
country flag Tennispower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
I'm sure winning Stuttgart and final in Madrid gave her confidence to RG but i totally agree her clay schedule should be different this year. She should skip Madrid, preparing in Rome to win and gain some positive vibes before major.
Maria is not type of player who dwell on loses, which she proved to us many times in her career but sometimes she just has to be more clever with scheduling (for example playing in Dubai instead of Doha this year).
I do not mean she should run away from Serena but avoid her as often as it's possible. We see it clearly that winning against Williams is extremely difficult challenge for her and for now impossible.
I accept with you regarding scheduling, Dubai - Doha is a good example, but it seems like vulturing, but TBH except Serena everybody doing vulturing on WTA, Vika won 2 AO titles without facing Serena, Maria won 2 titles this year and FO last year without facing Serena. But Vika seems to be benefiting most in the absence of Serena rather than Maria.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #338
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennispower View Post
I think Maria would have gained some confidence from that set win from Serena in Miami, so would have expected that she has a chance against her, like we all expected after Serena's form in previous two rounds prior to final in Madrid. I think winning Madrid and tanking Rome after a couple of match wins might be her plan, because she already has enough practice on clay.But things did not went according to plan (Even a success compared to last year), she might have thought of keeping herself relatively fresh for the coming FO. But as long as Serena in contention in FO no other player has a chance, but as far as Maria is concerned this is her best chance still to beat Serena if they both reach FO final, which IMO can definitely happen. If she does not now then never ever in her career she can beat Serena.
Maria wouldn't tank Rome. She loves playing there and it's the best tournament in terms of preparation for the french. She was planing to go deep in both and physically she could do that and still be fresh for RG since they have a week off before it starts but she didn't know she'd get worse and wouldn't be able to play If she knew how things would've turned out I'm sure she would have skipped Madrid when she got sick and then play Rome.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #339
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

So this is why I choked/failed my exam. The Queen was sick and retiring as I was sitting it.
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #340
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniaSharapova View Post
I do not mean she should run away from Serena but trying to avoid her as often as it's possible. We see it clearly that winning against Williams is extremely difficult challenge for her and for now impossible.
The thing is, after every loss to Serena she is working on her tennis to improve and that might be a good thing against other players so in a way I don't really want her to avoid Serena but you're right why not play Serena at a better time and when it matters most.
Serena is also playing top players whenever she wants. She is never playing the Asian Tour, she choose to play Charleston when there is absolutely noone from the top 10. Maria definitely needs to be smarter with her schedule.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #341
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

can you imagine that instead of peaking for Wimbledon/Olympics and the USO like last year, Serena peaked for the French....which in turn means Masha can snatch both slams considering she's gunning for them this year.

like that would ever happen
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #342
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
can you imagine that instead of peaking for Wimbledon/Olympics and the USO like last year, Serena peaked for the French....which in turn means Masha can snatch both slams considering she's gunning for them this year.

That would be awesome

We can dream cant we
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #343
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
And in 2010 Serena's ground game at Wimbledon was awful.
Less I say about Serena at Wimbledon the better. I really hate watching her there .
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #344
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Didnt take long for the Serena fans to start slagging Masha out in this one.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=534762

Its supposed to be a positive thread but people are already trying to turn into a Masha hating sesh/fan wars. It had potential to be a really nice thread but it didnt last more than a few hours. GM is a mess these days. OK rant over. I really need to get over it

Last edited by Andy. : May 18th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #345
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

Stop being delusional, I'm going to die alone, sad and with no more slams. Life is terrible, I want to stop watching tennis and wish I never did.
There is nothing but pain for me in the future
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote