Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 190 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 17th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2836
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
My point was if Caro believes her best isn't good enough then that might be a tough hurdle to get over, leading to her being "gone mentally", in turn leading to bad performances on the court. There has to be a degree of her whole tennis world has come crashing down around her in the last 18 months.
You have to get thru the draw, then sometimes good things happen. Everyone now is losing to Serena. But at the last major, Vika played only 1 seed, Stephens, before the final. Then beat an injured Li.
But you have to beat the noncontenders to get that luck. There's no luck losing round 1 or round 2 every tournament. Thats where she's been since IW
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2837
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This may just be part of the problem though. If Caroline sees it like that, which is very possible, it's hardly a great source of motivation. I use to be number 1, but now my best may only be good enough for number 5. If she can't envision herself competing with the best players, it wouldn't be that surprising to struggle with your desire and motivation.
This sounds like a very plausible deduction to me,and it may even effect Caro's willingness to spend that extra time that she would need to hone her serving skills

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #2838
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This may just be part of the problem though. If Caroline sees it like that, which is very possible, it's hardly a great source of motivation. I use to be number 1, but now my best may only be good enough for number 5. If she can't envision herself competing with the best players, it wouldn't be that surprising to struggle with your desire and motivation.
If you're top five you can compete with the best players in my opinion. You're likely to lose more matches against them than win, but you're in a position to strike when opportunities present themselves, something that we can't say now.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:16 AM   #2839
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If you're top five you can compete with the best players in my opinion.
Okay,I'm gonna nitpick cuz I know what a nice guy you are.Errani is slated to become #5 next week,and let's look at her career H2H vs. the current Top 5: Oh-fer against Serena and Masha,ZERO sets won;0-5 against the current #5,Li,and the last four have been major ass-whuppings;1-6 vs. Aga,and that one win came in 2006;1-5 vs. Vika,and that one win came in their second meeting,at Moscow 2008,when Vika was 18.

Forgive me for being judgmental,but I don't define THAT as 'competitive'.The truth is,your statement is usually true but,whether it's Caro or anyone else,it IS possible to be in the Top 5 while a major gulf exists between you and the players ranked ahead of you

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)

Last edited by bruce goose : May 18th, 2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: "your",not "you're"
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #2840
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

The main draw has been announced - here are the 4 quarters:

Caroline WOZNIACKI vs Bye
CHN Jie ZHENG vs Qualifier
SUI Romina OPRANDI vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs GER Julia GOERGES

USA Sloane STEPHENS vs BUL Tsvetana PIRONKOVA
ROU Simona HALEP vs SVK Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
BLR Olga GOVORTSOVA vs NED Arantxa RUS
SWE Sofia ARVIDSSON vs CHN Shuai PENG

USA Varvara LEPCHENKO vs SRB Bojana JOVANOVSKI
GB Elena BALTACHA vs SUI Stefanie VOEGELE
SVK Jana CEPELOVA vs UKR Leisa TSURENKO
EST Kaia KANEPI vs SVk Dominika CIBULKOVA

BEL Kirsten FLIPKENS vs USA Madison KEYS
BEL Yanina WICKMAYER vs USA Jamie HAMPTON
Qualifier vs BEL Alison VAN UYTVANCK
Bye vs ITA Roberta VINCI

Seems ok to me - so go for it Caroline
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #2841
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Oprandi better get rid of Goerges or Caro is screwed if she manages to win her 2R match

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #2842
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this semi in Rome. Errani didnt play anyone. Kirilenko retired. Sharapova withdrew.
Vika could have played Ivanovic ( who just made the semi in Madrid) Kvitova (who beat Vika at Wimbledon & YEC finals) and FO champ Sharapova. Instead Ana loses, she plays Stosur, who never plays well against Vika, now Errani, who looks nervous in a Rome SF.

This is why its so important to be consistent. Draws constantly fall apart, and the players who take advantage of it are the ones who dont beat themselves.

Caroline actually deserves this for blowing up her own consistent game, "to win a major"
Well, she was in a slam final and one point from a 2nd slam final, and just turning 21. She did this to herself, and she is the only person who can get herself out of this mess.
She wasnt some 12 year old, with years ahead to develop a new style of play. She wasnt ranked #240, where she had to do something desperate. Its a crazy decision, and now she just played 5 Premiers in a row and won a total of 2 matches

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #2843
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Look at this semi in Rome. Errani didnt play anyone. Kirilenko retired. Sharapova withdrew.
Vika could have played Ivanovic ( who just made the semi in Madrid) Kvitova (who beat Vika at Wimbledon & YEC finals) and FO champ Sharapova. Instead Ana loses, she plays Stosur, who never plays well against Vika, now Errani, who looks nervous in a Rome SF.

This is why its so important to be consistent. Draws constantly fall apart, and the players who take advantage of it are the ones who dont beat themselves.

Caroline actually deserves this for blowing up her own consistent game, "to win a major"
Well, she was in a slam final and one point from a 2nd slam final, and just turning 21. She did this to herself, and she is the only person who can get herself out of this mess.
She wasnt some 12 year old, with years ahead to develop a new style of play. She wasnt ranked #240, where she had to do something desperate. Its a crazy decision, and now she just played 5 Premiers in a row and won a total of 2 matches
Well,Ana had 2 consecutive good tournaments coming in--which is pretty much the longest streak you're gonna get from the feeble-minded slut.I'm sure that big sister Aga told Ula what a golden opportunity this was in the 1st round.

Still,your main thrust is spot on;Caro must put herself in position to get late-round WDs(i.e.,luck),as she did in IW,by advancing in the usually-winnable matches players get in the earlier rounds.On a small bright note,barring an injury,Caro is guaranteed to make the Brussels 2nd round

Old May 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #2844
country flag goldenlox

I think Brussels is the right move. She probably needs the softest draws possible. To get some wins and confidence.
But she was in perfect position coming out of Indian Wells. There has to be quality play beyond one or two tournaments a year

Old May 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #2845
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,I'm gonna nitpick cuz I know what a nice guy you are.Errani is slated to become #5 next week,and let's look at her career H2H vs. the current Top 5: Oh-fer against Serena and Masha,ZERO sets won;0-5 against the current #5,Li,and the last four have been major ass-whuppings;1-6 vs. Aga,and that one win came in 2006;1-5 vs. Vika,and that one win came in their second meeting,at Moscow 2008,when Vika was 18.

Forgive me for being judgmental,but I don't define THAT as 'competitive'.The truth is,your statement is usually true but,whether it's Caro or anyone else,it IS possible to be in the Top 5 while a major gulf exists between you and the players ranked ahead of you
Yes, but Errani has just about the most dreadful record of any (soon to be) top five player in recent history against top five players. I think that 2011/2012 Caro was better.
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2846
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but Errani has just about the most dreadful record of any (soon to be) top five player in recent history against top five players. I think that 2011/2012 Caro was better.
Yeah For Sure Caro 2010/2012 was better, I true fully like too see her playing like she did in 09, that video u upload couple day ago, It show that she is capable of playing that type of tennis where she play good defense & still be able to be aggressive and go for her shots I really like too see her playing like that again.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #2847
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^^
Typo. I meant 2010/2011 Caro of course.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #2848
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing is when you have a top 3 who are just winning everything, by definition the rest are going to have bad records against them. It doesn't really matter where Caro in her prime would have been, it's can the Caro have now make any indentation on the top of the game whatsoever. Errani and Radwanska just show what nonsense it is, the idea that the game passed Caroline by, when they are in effect playing similar games. But can Caroline get near their levels anymore is all that matters, because right now she is quite a way short.

The draw in Brussels could hardly be any better, but I guess we'll see.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #2849
country flag neverforget

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Ana had 2 consecutive good tournaments coming in--which is pretty much the longest streak you're gonna get from the feeble-minded slut:lol:.I'm sure that big sister Aga told Ula what a golden opportunity this was in the 1st round.

Still,your main thrust is spot on;Caro must put herself in position to get late-round WDs(i.e.,luck),as she did in IW,by advancing in the usually-winnable matches players get in the earlier rounds.On a small bright note,barring an injury,Caro is guaranteed to make the Brussels 2nd round
How in the hell do you know Ana Ivanovic is a slut? That is a very low comment to make. It seems way below your usual insightful comments.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #2850
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
How in the hell do you know Ana Ivanovic is a slut? That is a very low comment to make. It seems way below your usual insightful comments.
Yeah, that is very GM

Closed Thread