Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #316
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rome 2013 - 3 is a magic number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post

Well, Madrid was VERY disappointing, but as captain Bertolucci said when he lost to Nishikori: Roger has to be ready for Wimbledon, if he peaked NOW (too early) that would mean his preparation completely. So all good.
That being said, to see him so sharp and perfect in the last days is comforting, if he plays like this against Rafa (who is at his 70% and today played very poorly against Ferru) in the final, he might even win his first Rome title.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #317
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

On a (totally) different note - is it just me or is Vika getting fatter each time I see her? This is not to make fun of her, I'm serious. Each time I see her there seems to be more of Vika. By the time we get to the YEC she'll look like Aretha Franklin if she keeps this up.

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #318
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

She is definitely bigger this year, although now could be just due to coming back, although let's be real, she missed a couple of tournaments. I don't see how she could have put on as much weight as she has. And even at the beginning of the year, she looked bigger than she did in 2012.

She'll need to keep it in check, because she relies much more on her physical conditioning for her success these days.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #319
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
On a (totally) different note - is it just me or is Vika getting fatter each time I see her? This is not to make fun of her, I'm serious. Each time I see her there seems to be more of Vika. By the time we get to the YEC she'll look like Aretha Franklin if she keeps this up.
You're not seeing things She is definitely getting thicker and more solid.

Last edited by Andy. : May 17th, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #320
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
She is definitely bigger this year, although now could be just due to coming back, although let's be real, she missed a couple of tournaments. I don't see how she could have put on as much weight as she has. And even at the beginning of the year, she looked bigger than she did in 2012.

She'll need to keep it in check, because she relies much more on her physical conditioning for her success these days.
Yes, plus she's good on the defense. But if she would lose just half a step it could make the difference between winning or losing in some of these matches against other top players.

Old May 18th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #321
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I noticed it back in January at the AO trophy ceremony, and she's even gained some lb's since then. It's hard to tell how it's gonna affect her, because her game is clay-retardant anyways. But she can't afford to lose a half-step, that's for sure.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #322
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Another random note: Serena has won Miami, Charleston, Madrid, and will probably win Rome, and yet I still wouldn't put money on her to win Paris. What do you guys think?

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #323
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonerpova View Post
Another random note: Serena has won Miami, Charleston, Madrid, and will probably win Rome, and yet I still wouldn't put money on her to win Paris. What do you guys think?
Pretty much.
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:38 AM   #324
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonerpova View Post
I just cant see her losing to anyone at the moment. She seems unbeatable like its 2002 all over again. I can see her winning RG and Wimbledon and probably the US Open sadly
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #325
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I just cant see her losing to anyone at the moment. She seems unbeatable like its 2002 all over again. I can see her winning RG and Wimbledon and probably the US Open sadly
We cant blame on Serena, the current WTA field is like that, last year after she returned to tour she was pretty much unstoppable with 1 or 2 fluke losses here and there. All current players of WTA talent is mediocre at its when compared to Serena.Unfortunately uber talented players like Henin, Kim, Hingis etc were retired and the current and future generation looks hopeless, so Serena will rule this WTA as long as she continues to play. But my glimmer of hope is Serena retires by Rio - 2016, so Maria gets the opportunity to complete career Golden Slam.
Tennispower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #326
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't think thats fair on the others girls. I just think that Serena is much more physically gifted than most of them. She is incredibly strong and athletic and her serve is by far and away better than the rest. 2002 Serena would wipe the floor with Henin, Hingis and Clijsters too. Its just unfortunate for us that she seems to have re-emerged in 2013. Peak Venus (2000 and 2001 is the only player IMO that can compete with Peak Serena). At the end of the day if she is playing well she wins no two ways about it. I know thats a little defeatist but she is a superior player. You just have to hope she is having a bad day.

Last edited by Andy. : May 18th, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #327
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, I can see her and Masha in RG final easily (for Rena for sure) where Pova just flops again... it is so depressing that she seems to sweep the most of titles like it was in 2012...I start to lose my interest to tennis. It is so predictable now....
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #328
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

Quote:
I don't think thats fair on the others girls. I just think that Serena is much more physically gifted than most of them. She is incredibly strong and athletic and her serve is by far and away better than the rest. 2002 Serena would wipe the floor with Henin, Hingis and Clijsters too. Its just unfortunate for us that she seems to have re-emerged in 2013.
I used to think in the same way that Serena is so strong thats why she is winning more matches.But Serena is not all about power, lets take for example Miami final where Maria overpowered Serena Set and Half, Serena's first serve did not worked at all then she applied so much kick on her second serve that even Maria being one of the best returners on the tour cannot control that serve. Serena is a complete packqage, everything others do she just simply outperform them.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #329
country flag Tennispower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
Yeah, I can see her and Masha in RG final easily (for Rena for sure) where Pova just flops again... it is so depressing that she seems to sweep the most of titles like it was in 2012...I start to lose my interest to tennis. It is so predictable now....
I dont care about all titles she won last year and even this year provided if she would have lost that London Olympics Gold Medal match to Pova.I could not even recover from that moment of sadness even today.
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #330
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennispower View Post
I used to think in the same way that Serena is so strong thats why she is winning more matches.But Serena is not all about power, lets take for example Miami final where Maria overpowered Serena Set and Half, Serena's first serve did not worked at all then she applied so much kick on her second serve that even Maria being one of the best returners on the tour cannot control that serve. Serena is a complete packqage, everything others do she just simply outperform them.
True. Also Wimbledon '10 SF, Kvitova was overpowering Serena the whole match and still she lost in 2 sets.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote