Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1 - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #1036
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Görges' Fans Chat Thread: Volume 1

Of course her match gets put so that I can't watch it. So not only is the scheduling messed up for her, now it's messed up for me as well.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #1037
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

For me, her match is at 2am, so I must weigh precious sleep vs tennis. If something wakes me up, I'll get up, but otherwise I hope to wake up to good news from Jule--please!--and probably the start of Angie's match. The scheduling is kind of weird.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1038
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

It's so hard to say with her, particularly when watching her match means making a sacrifice like wasting sleep. Always the risk of just being disappointed for 90 minutes. I'm not really optimistic at all, Lepchenko had a perfect schedule for herself, while Julia spent the last 3 days doing nothing.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #1039
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Too many matches in too few days or too few matches over too many days. It's like Goldilocks and the three bears: when are things just right for Julia? Never know what to expect anymore. The last time I slept in, she won, so I'm hoping there's a pattern in the making.
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #1040
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

A player needs to be able to make the best of whatever situation, more days off, less days off.

With more days off she had flexibility in her preparation. If she was tired she could rest and be completely rested and injury free. On the other hand if she felt she needed more fitness she also had the chance to do some extra conditioning, taking only the 3rd day off to recover completely.

So she should be able to get to the match in good physical shape. On the other hand if you are playing right up to the next match you will have good rhythm but physically you might suffer a little, there is always a give and take and you have to make the most of what is given to you.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1041
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

I am currently contemplating if Julia's match is worth skipping school for.
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1042

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

How big a sport is "biathlon" in Germany? I have never heard of it until Julia started mentioning it, but winter sports in general are not popular here. Is she odd for liking it so much?
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1043
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasbored2013 View Post
How big a sport is "biathlon" in Germany? I have never heard of it until Julia started mentioning it, but winter sports in general are not popular here. Is she odd for liking it so much?
No, not at all. Biathlon is a very popular sport in Germany, the most popular winter sport by far, but don't ask me why
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1044
country flag KatjaS

Because it's so bizarre that most nations don't take part and therefore Germans win a lot. It's shooting something and then running away. On snow.
Old May 16th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1045
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Because it's so bizarre that most nations don't take part and therefore Germans win a lot. It's shooting something and then running away. On snow.
True. And this probably the reason why we are even better at Nordic combined, the bizarrest of all winter sport disciplines.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #1046

Thank you for your answers, so Julia is perfectly normal for liking biathlon. Are there other odd sports that are popular in Germany?

Julia seems to like to watch TV shows where she can root for somebody, be it sports or casting shows.
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1047
country flag KatjaS

Pretty much all winter sports, no matter how stupid.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1048
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

This guy is so good at doing voice and facial impressions .
I'm impressed. Here he does Rafa, Roger, Andy and Novak.

HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1049
country flag KatjaS

It's crazy good, almost uncanny. With your eyes closed Roger and Murray sound so real.
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #1050
country flag kadiHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Pretty much all winter sports, no matter how stupid.
Do you have curling? I can barely understand why people play it, and can't understand at all why people watch it.