Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 188 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #2806
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I think she needs time to work on her game off court, not just turning up taking bad loss after bad loss week after week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Another 'smart' decision from Team Woz!

Agree! What's the point of playing more tennis when you look fed up of playing tennis!
Even if she wins 1-2 matches I don't see how it will help her at RG!
I personally think these really are the two key things.

Danish journalists are usually useless, but in recent days there have been some good, serious articles. I think one or two of them have been shown in the articles thread. Also Troels Christensen from EB (another long term Caro follower and not the tabloid journo kind) has weighed in with near identical opinion.

There is something very wrong. She looks more unhappy on court than I can ever remember having seen her before. Signing up to another tournament will not solve the problems.

Also imho, she needs time away from the WTA tour.
Sort out what she wants to do with her life.
Sort out if she wants to be a tennis player. If not, retire.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #2807
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I think taking a wildcard into Brussels says something about Caro's motivation or mindset. I'm just not sure what.

The three main possibilities I see are: she does give a crap about her tennis and is trying to get things working, she wants and and gets a nice appearance fee, or she couldn't say no to the organizers when they asked her to play.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #2808
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
There's is a big possibility she won't win a match there!
I can't see the fact whoever Caro plays will have already played (and won) a match coming in helping Caro either.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #2809
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She played fine in Dubai & IW.
I thought she might get back to the top 4 by the YEC after IW.
She's certainly not committed to winning every match the way she used to be.
She has to decide what she's going to do on her forehand side. This combination of unforced errors and short balls is destroying her career
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #2810
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I can't see the fact whoever Caro plays will have already played (and won) a match coming in helping Caro either.
Caro could sign up for doubles and probably play a doubles match before her 1st singles match.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2811
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I personally think these really are the two key things.

Danish journalists are usually useless, but in recent days there have been some good, serious articles. I think one or two of them have been shown in the articles thread. Also Troels Christensen from EB (another long term Caro follower and not the tabloid journo kind) has weighed in with near identical opinion.

There is something very wrong. She looks more unhappy on court than I can ever remember having seen her before. Signing up to another tournament will not solve the problems.

Also imho, she needs time away from the WTA tour.
Sort out what she wants to do with her life.
Sort out if she wants to be a tennis player. If not, retire.
The way I see it is long term it's not something she can just play out, I don't think her game is there for that. I don't see the point of just playing week in week out, taking another hit to the confidence, I don't see how it is going to improve without actually working off the court on things. She may win a couple of matches in Brussels, but what does she really gain from that, short of winning the title, she'll take another hit to her confidence. In the back of Caro's mind she probably thinks she should be beating every single player in the Brussels draw, and history suggests she won't gain much belief from beating a couple of players ranked 50 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think taking a wildcard into Brussels says something about Caro's motivation or mindset. I'm just not sure what.

The three main possibilities I see are: she does give a crap about her tennis and is trying to get things working, she wants and and gets a nice appearance fee, or she couldn't say no to the organizers when they asked her to play.
It's hard to know really. She could be trying to set recent wrongs right, she may be desperate for matches, but she doesn't give the impression she even wants to be out there right now. You'd hope it's neither of the last two, but sadly I can't rule them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro could sign up for doubles and probably play a doubles match before her 1st singles match.
You know as well as I do that is just not going to happen .
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2812
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Look Like Caro going be seeded 10 at RG, I think the ninth & Tenth seed play the same seeded player in the third & fourth round, do anyone know who what the seeded player she could face in the third round

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #2813
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Look Like Caro going be seeded 10 at RG, I think the ninth & Tenth seed play the same seeded player in the third & fourth round, do anyone know who what the seeded player she could face in the third round
Yes Caro is back down to number 10 in the world rankings next week as a result of Stosur's win today.

The 9th and 10th seed both play the same range of players you are correct. They are seeded to play someone ranked #17-24 in round 3 and someone ranked #5-8 in the 4th round.
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #2814
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Thanks Ozza I know she not in the best form but I like too keep an open mind that she can do well, I hoping she can get back on track of thing and start getting some wins

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #2815
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Brussels Open ‏@Brussels_Open 5t

To make sure everbody gets this: we're very happy to welcome Caroline Wozniacki @Brussels_Open! She won the title in 2011. Welcome back!

Well we expected that didn't we.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #2816
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

WTA ‏@WTA
.@CaroWozniacki, @Cibulkova, @Roberta_Vinci, @Sloanetweets @FlipperKF will be answering your questions. Tweet @WTA questions using #WTALive!

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #2817
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
If she could stop, she would have been doing that already. The problem is deeper than you realize. Caroline's game from 2011 is not going to cut it now. The top 5 is much stronger, and she is gonna have to bring something different to the table other than just consistency.
I don't agree with that at all, if Caro played her 2011 form she'd be top 5. Radwanska & Errani are no challenge for Caro 2011. She's been playing really bad tennis for most of the year (and last year bar the end), and yet she remains in the top 10. What she's urgently needing is CONSISTENCY, one of the keys of her game.

Brussels will be another disappointment unless she has some miraculous illumination which I have been waiting for...I can't remember.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2818
country flag goldenlox

I think her form from Rogers Cup 2010 - Brussels 2011 would be fine now. At worst she would be ranked 4.
I still think that form is very attainable. But her team has to watch how she played her forehand and understand it HAS to be a steady shot, because it will be attacked all match.

This is the goofiest way a player destroyed their career that I've ever seen.
She's healthy, still capable of making a Mandatory final, and she keeps throwing matches away with errors and shortballs on her forehand side. When she used to play steady on that side and attack with her stronger side

Old May 16th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2819
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Aga has withdrawn from Brussels

The draw for the third BNP PARIBAS FORTIS Brussels will now SATURDAY MAY 18 at 12h take place in the Royal Primerose Tennis Club, in the presence of Ms Dominique Monami and Ms Giulia Orlandi (WTA). A player from the main table will also be present at this event.

That will not be Agnieszka Radwanska. The defending champion of the BNP Paribas Fortis Brussels Open withdraw due to an injury.
"I have shoulder problems for a while and it seems to be getting worse. I'm afraid that's even worse, especially in view of Roland Garros and the grass season that is imminent. I therefore found that I had to withdraw. That is very unfortunate because I really wanted to defend my title in Brussels but I think it is a good decision. The tournament was very well organized last year, I had some excellent games just before Roland Garros. The tournament director is a very pleasant person and there was a lot of people in the stands. I really enjoyed the tournament and my week in Brussels. I will therefore try to get back next year. ".
The tournament management shall meanwhile to report that they are desperately looking for a viable replacement for the first seed.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 17th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #2820
country flag ozza

You posted events the opposite way to the way they happened Hoergren. That "desperate" search for a viable replacement for the first seed is what ended with them getting Caroline.

In the rest of that, Aga says "I will therefore try to get back next year". No-one told her the tournament will be an international next year then, I doubt she will be back next year, or ever again, given last year is the last edition I think.

Last edited by ozza : May 17th, 2013 at 03:04 AM.
Closed Thread