Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 181 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #2701
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
But its not uncommon to have a boyfriend. Thats no excuse for going from #1 to losing 4 matches in a row, all with good draws.
I think the problem is the people around her telling her she needs an aggressive forehand.
What she needs is to have an aggressive backhand, solid serve, and a very consistent forehand. She's never going to have a forehand like Goerges or Ivanovic, and they arent winning anything anyway, not since 2008
3 of her last 4 losses have been chokes to varying degrees:

Voegele: Caro led 3-1 3rd set, had 3 game points (40-15, 40-30, and Ad Caro) at 3-2 3rd set but broken
Suarez Navarro: Caro led 3-1 1st set, failed to convert 2 break points at 4-3 1st set one of which was a 2nd serve, up 30-0 on Suarez Navarro's serve at 5-4 1st set but failed to break for the set
Jovanovski: Caro was up a break at 4-3 2nd set, led 4-0 3rd set, served for the match at 5-4 3rd set but was broken at love, led 3-1 Jovanovski's 2nd serve in the 3rd set tiebreak, led 5-2 in the 3rd set tiebreak, and led 5-3 Jovanovski's 2nd serve in the 3rd set tiebreak

Aggressive backhand, solid serve, and a consistent forehand...that's the sort of thing she was doing her post 2010 Wimbledon run. Sigh.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : May 14th, 2013 at 10:28 PM. Reason: corrected scores for Jovanovski match
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #2702
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I agree That what she need an Aggressive backhand, solid serve, and a consistent forehand, I Hoping she can get back on to this level, & also I think she could improve her serve making it more Flat kinda like Andy Murray

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #2703
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
But she can fire it off on the forehand if she wants to. That's the frustrating thing. We saw this in this match.
And how many unforced errors when it isn't working? I think it's too many to be part of a normal game plan. It might have a role in a particular match given the opponent, surface, or the specific circumstances of a match as it's going on. But Caro being aggressive off her forehand shouldn't be her standard/default approach to hitting a forehand.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #2704
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I really admire the last part.

But I also think Caro deserves our support - not for how she's performed at the last 4 tournaments (or the last couple of years for that matter) - but for her 20 titles (4th among active players) and countless other merits during her very short pro career. She's still only 22 years old. And she's ranked #9. But everyone is jumping the ship and calling her a journeywoman or a hack. It's not fair.

Serena has lost the 1st round at a slam. Maria has too. And Vika. It's not the end of the world. I'd like to see Caro with a bit of her old attitude and spirit again though.
I don't think many of us will jump ship. If we're sometimes a bit harsh in our comments it's not for a lack of loyalty but because we are frustrated because we love that girl and want her to do well. But I agree with backhandsmash - being a fan means that you're there for better or worse. You celebrate with her when she's doing great and you suffer with her when she's doing poorly, but you don't abandon her when she needs your support the most.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #2705
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I don't think many of us will jump ship. If we're sometimes a bit harsh in our comments it's not for a lack of loyalty but because we are frustrated because we love that girl and want her to do well. But I agree with backhandsmash - being a fan means that you're there for better or worse. You celebrate with her when she's doing great and you suffer with her when she's doing poorly, but you don't abandon her when she needs your support the most.
Of course you're right, and I will continue to support her! But I really disappointed that she not doing shit to change something!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #2706
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Of course you're right, and I will continue to support her! But I really disappointed that she not doing shit to change something!
I don't doubt for a second that you will. We're all disappointed. We're all agreeing that she should do something to get back on the right track as well. It's only about what that something should be that there are some differences of opinion. And it's hard to say for us of course, because we don't really know what there is going on in team Woz or with Caroline herself. How much does she really want it? How much (if at all) does her relationship with Rory interfere with her training schedule? How does she train in terms of conditioning as opposed to technique? And so on... We don't really know. But we DO know that SOMETHING has changed compared to the days of old.
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #2707
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though after "performances" like today it is mighty tempting.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #2708
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't doubt for a second that you will. We're all disappointed. We're all agreeing that she should do something to get back on the right track as well. It's only about what that something should be that there are some differences of opinion. And it's hard to say for us of course, because we don't really know what there is going on in team Woz or with Caroline herself. How much does she really want it? How much (if at all) does her relationship with Rory interfere with her training schedule? How does she train in terms of conditioning as opposed to technique? And so on... We don't really know. But we DO know that SOMETHING has changed compared to the days of old.
I know exactly what it is. She is losing more matches now than she was then.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #2709
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is all in Caro's head. Her team had her thinking she had to change things. Now she doesnt know what to do. Isnt confident. I just saw her best Kerber, so I know her good form isnt lost. That was only 7 matches ago.
I don't think her level vs Kerber was her best tennis. Far from it. She tactically outsmarted Kerber, she mentally hung around (something she isn't doing in some of her matches like vs Suarez Navarro). I don't think the actual tennis was anywhere near her best tennis though. Lets not forget she was getting blown away until she realised Kerber had zero answers to high balls.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #2710
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Even though after "performances" like today it is mighty tempting.
Well, look at it from the bright side
Old May 14th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2711
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro was getting beaten because she kept going for aggressive crosscourt backhands and Kerber was hitting great forehands from out wide. She made good adjustments and played a solid, steady match the last 2 sets.

Aga withdrew from Brussels. If they ask Caro to play she should. She needs a few wins for her confidence.
She was up a set and up 4-0 in set 3 today, so I think she needs to play now. Get more confident with 2 majors coming. Just in case its a manageable slam draw
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #2712
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I know exactly what it is. She is losing more matches now than she was then.
You might be on to something there, mate. Here we are whining and wondering and discussing what might be wrong with her, but that's the best analysis I've heard so far. So much so that I challenge anyone to disagree with it.
Old May 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #2713
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
There is probably no chance of getting any real insight though. The thing with taking a break, how are all the people who are suggesting it saying she should go about it. Are you saying take a break from the tour, but go work on your game for the hard court season. Or just take a complete break full stop? The latter is very risky business.
Yes, I guess we won't ever really know what's happening, though something should leak from Polish/Danish media.

Yes, I'm talking about taking a break to work on her game, especially mentally. Skip the clay season and come back when she's really ready to play the tennis she knows how to play, steady and agressive when needed, on her favourite surface in full form and focus. However, at this moment I don't think her priorities are right. I think she wants to win but not half as badly as before. Right now she's just like a zombie, walking around with no purpose in her game, which quite frankly is unbearable to watch. I still have nightmares about that Kanepi match in RG last year.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #2714
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked the scores and...

What on earth is going on with this girl. SMH. To think that a couple of years ago she was on the top of tennis world and now she loses in one early round after another. She's wasted a huge chance here and I'm afraid RG won't be any different. The only reasonable cause for this would be an injury but it doesn't seem she has any physical difficulties she's struggling with.

If she doesn't stop this slump she will soon travel the world only as a golf WAG. I hope she will finally wake up,this is really ridiculous. She could be up there with the best having some great rivalries as she is still so young but instead she bombs to the likes of Jovanovski, Voegele etc.

I hope she'll extend her schedule for some other tournaments to get more than a first round exit as a preparation for Roland Garros. So far, so bad for Caro.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #2715
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

not sure why some people think playing in Brussels will lead to "few more wins."

Caro will most likely face players like Bojo, CSN and players of that calibre and ranking.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread