**** Maria's Official Social Media Thread **** - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #961
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **** Maria's Official Twitter Thread ****

@MariaSharapova:
Quote:
No match, no interview, no plane trip on today's agenda...a bit confused.
@MariaSharapova
Quote:
From jamon iberico to prosciutto San Daniele. It's pretty much saying that I love these cities!

I prefer jamon iberico.
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #962
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
btw I don't think they as a couple are a PR stunt, just Max working his magic to help out Grigor a little
Is Max Grigor's agent as well?
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #963
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

@MariaSharapova
Quote:
Quote:
From jamon iberico to prosciutto San Daniele. It's pretty much saying that I love these cities!
While Maria is enjoying prosciutto Serena is practicing on the court today
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #964
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
Is Max Grigor's agent as well?
Last time I heard Grigor was still with Octagon, not IMG. So no chance in hell Max will do anything for him; the whole publicity stunt theory has no basis whatsoever. I mean, Martha can actually get a B-List Hollywood celebrity as her fake boyfriend if she wanted to.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #965
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Last time I heard Grigor was still with Octagon, not IMG. So no chance in hell Max will do anything for him; the whole publicity stunt theory has no basis whatsoever. I mean, Martha can actually get a B-List Hollywood celebrity as her fake boyfriend if she wanted to.
That's what I thought, too.
Nike, on the other hand...
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #966
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
I think it's real but Max is taking advantage of the PR opportunity here. (as well as Dimi's manager)
Quote:
I'm not saying it isn't real or that they started dating so that they can promote their relationship. But if they didn't want it to be discussed than Maria wouldn't have written that message on the camera. Also don't forget that Max was the one who reported the relationship to ESPN during the AO and there was also that steamy comment that Maria made at the time. And then Max again told the press it was about Dimitrov so I don't think Max passed up the opportunity he was the one that actually started the rumors when you think about it.
MTE The underlined - are you sure it was Max????
If it was, then that is why I do not understand why they pretended to be stupid all this time and avoid answering the question... TBH I am probably too old for these tricks and playing cat and mouse with the media...
It doesn't benefit IMG, but it does in a way - the more is whispered the better, and for NIKE it is great. I can't get rid of the smell; on the 30th of November Nike started agressive campaign with photos of Dimitrov as the next best thing, on December the 1st he is seen around Nike's golden chick - following her in Milan. The relationship per se is not PR, but it has a big big PR element taking benefit of it in a very very subtle way that still can be detected...
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #967
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
If it was, then that is why I do not understand why they pretended to be stupid all this time and avoid answering the question... TBH I am probably too old for these tricks and playing cat and mouse with the media...
Yes I remember quite well it was him because I think Cronin was the one who reported both this and the steamy comment saying he got the information from Max.
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #968
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes I remember quite well it was him because I think Cronin was the one who reported both this and the steamy comment saying he got the information from Max.
My reaction then was -->
The woman used to be so private, now all of a sudden all those messages on camera and the steamy thing.. a bit over the top.
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #969
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Because Dimitrov sucked as a player? Promoting a "loser" next to her isn't good for her image?
She's accomplished, he's just another player that no one ever heard of.
Now that he's got this "big" win to his name, it's a different story.
He better keep winning, though
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #970
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
Because Dimitrov sucked as a player? Promoting a "loser" next to her isn't good for her image?
She's accomplished, he's just another player that no one ever heard of.
Now that he's got this "big" win to his name, it's a different story.
He better keep winning, though
Pffft. You are wrong. Forgot the hype around him? Agressive Nike campaign, last year, this year around Davis Cup (since Feddy, Rafa weren't playing ); the "baby Federer"??? TBH - I do hate hypes. That is why I for example never could warm up to Kvitova as a player - because of the "KvittyGOAT" hype.. Only now I like her since everyone is quiet. I hope this Dimitrov hype won't last long, unless he for real backs it up with his wins, ofc. Then it will be a legitimate hype and legitimate praise. Let the results speak for him. First titles, then marketing.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #971
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Pffft. You are wrong. Forgot the hype around him? Agressive Nike campaign, last year, this year around Davis Cup (since Feddy, Rafa weren't playing ); the "baby Federer"??? TBH - I do hate hypes. That is why I for example never could warm up to Kvitova as a player - because of the "KvittyGOAT" hype.. Only now I like her since everyone is quiet. I hope this Dimitrov hype won't last long, unless he for real backs it up with his wins, ofc. Then it will be a legitimate hype and legitimate praise.
That's just the hype
He's done next to nothing to back it up.
In the mean time, she got herself several trophies.
He might be a pretty face, but it's still actions>>>>>>>>words.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #972
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
That's just the hype
He's done next to nothing to back it up.
In the mean time, she got herself several trophies.
He might be a pretty face, but it's still actions>>>>>>>>words.
Yeah, but in NIKE's eyes: "the next best thing" and our golden girl --> it is a dream come true and ofc they will take advantage of it. So he popped out on the Milano streets, "subtle" and "unnoticed" but noticed. Just like for example the "engagement ring walk on the street" - it was all "accidentally" shot by paps... Or to move on from Maria - Ana's walks with Verdasco around Madird yrs ago... (it was rumoured that Fernando himself informed the paps where they'd be).. Yeah, maybe if you are young and naive, you can believe that it is all innocent and accidental, I kind of do not. I am not saying that some thing is not real and genuine, I am just saying that they (and their PRs and companies) know how to take advantage of that.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #973
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:
Yeah, but in NIKE's eyes: "the next best thing" and our golden girl --> it is a dream come true and ofc they will take advantage of it. So he popped out on the Milano streets, "subtle" and "unnoticed" but noticed. Just like for example the "engagement ring walk on the street" - it was all "accidentally" shot by paps... Or to move on from Maria - Ana's walks with Verdasco around Madird yrs ago... (it was rumoured that Fernando himself informed the paps where they'd be).. Yeah, maybe if you are young and naive, you can believe that it is all innocent and accidental, I kind of do not. I am not saying that some thing is not real and genuine, I am just saying that they (and their PRs and companies) know how to take advantage of that.
Up to a point

Next big thing? We'll see about that.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #974
country flag MM_1257

You know, he might be. If he gets someone to fix his fitness and mental problems. His tennis is good enough. BTW- ofc the Serena thing is another factor that is weird in the whole story.

EDIT:
Where can we post Dimitrov things in this forum? I have one nice interview for ya all. Old one, before Maria, but a nice one.
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #975
country flag PimpMePova

I don't think he had anything with Serena. Now THAT was definitely Nike pimping him out