Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #316
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold
Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

You all take it easy with Fantic's penchant for bringing up matchup tourney results to prove his logic. It's the right thing to do, since in NCAA teams there are some unknowns. God forbid he knows how I've tried to dethrone his matchup theory as in NCAA's all bets are off: anything can happen. Just look at last years NCAAs, or any of the past NCAAs for that matter.

It's suffice to say USC will get past STAN and on a collison course w/ UF (assuming they get past CAL). For the match up, I want to give the edge to USC for doubles, but UF's doubles are such a mess that the advantage of it, if there were one, is that anything can happen. Why just look at Cercone/Hitimana winning @ #2 yesterday against GA TECH & Morgan/Collins losing easily @ #3.

Singles will be seasaw. If going by Fantic's logic of if USC played their best ever match, then they could 7-0 UF. Then could we not assume the same with UF at their players playing the best? If that's the case - UF takes #1, #2, #4, #6 singles. Case closed.

(1) Florida vs. (5) USC

Doubles
#1: Embree/Oyen (UF) vs. Christian/Santamaria (USC)
#2: Cercone/Hitimana (UF) vs. Olmos/Scandalis (USC)
#3: Collins/Morgan (UF) vs. DeSimone/Lao (USC)

Singles
#1: Embree (UF) vs. Santamaria (USC)
#2: Oyen (UF) vs. Lao (USC)
#3: Cercone (UF) vs. Scandalis (USC)
#4: Morgan (UF) vs. Olmos (USC)
#5: Janowicz (UF) vs. DeSimone (USC)
#6: Hitimana (UF) vs. Christian (USC)

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #317
country flag n1tm123

n1tm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure what matches you were watching but there was NO moon balling going on from either Georgia Players or Arizona. All four girls in the #5 & #6 spot were banging the ball and all were fighting hard and playing great! Credit needs to be given where credit is due and Ayaka Okuna and Mia King both lost 1st set to fight hard to win 2nd and 3rd. All girls from both teams were good players and NO One Moon Balled!!!
n1tm123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #318
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantic, as much as you are tired of people bringing up Lao at NCAA's last year, I have a hard time with you constantly using Player X beat Player Y, and Player Y beat Player Z, so therefore Player X will beat Player Z logic. Some people are just better match-ups than others, and this logic is pretty faulty. Let's just see what happens on the court.

And Amal, RE: Stanford over USC. I didn't go through line by line to predict who would win, just a gut feeling I had, and I went with it. I could possibly be VERY wrong. I don't, however, think Gibbs will lose to Sabs again on Friday.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #319
country flag n1tm123

Thumbs up Re: Www 2013 Ncaa Team Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisSee View Post
I usually take a post just for what it is and I rarely let anything I don't agree with bother me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and thats what makes this board interesting. Rarely do I ever make a comment. But, if you really watched Mia's match today, and you say you saw her out there moonballing, that is a total fabrication. Those two down there on six were wacking balls as hard as they could with every stroke. Where this moonball stuff comes from I don't know, unless maybe you don't know what a defensive lob is. Then, to attack her personally has no place on this board.

As for Ayaka, her opponent had her backed up to the fence in the first set hitting high and heavy, almost like topspin lobs, she had all she could do just to get the ball back against that wind. I'm told you have seen her play a time or two and you think her style is to moonball. WOW!!!
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #320
country flag n1tm123

Very impressed with Arizona team. The 4-0 score does not reflect how close it really was.
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #321
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
USC this year is like what UCLA was last year, so my prediction is...good luck with that
This is a good point. I actually thought UCLA had a slight edge last year going into the finals against UF, after taking out USC, who beat STAN. Then it was a blowout...

Also, we have to factoring in the team fatigue/toughness/physical conditions in the last 4 days of this event.

Lookig at last year - USC beat STAN in a mental/physical game, only losing to UCLA (I picked USC to adv to finals...), perhaps running out of steam? Then UCLA, after a mental/physical match against USC - was blanked by UF.

The only anonmaly was where UF also played a tought mental/physical match against DUKE (I seriously thought DUKE had it in the bag when CLAYTON was up a break against CERCONE in the 3rd set), and walked in and out of the FINALS against UCLA like it was nothing...

Not sure what the conditioning regimen/phsycial shapes the rest of the teams are at, but you have to give UF the chance as well in that department. Their conditional program - is brutal.
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #322
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually thankful that USC might meet UF at the Semi, not the Final. USC HAS been to semi last year, so it's not an uncharted territory I doubt they'll choke again

If USC wins, final will be a piece of cake

USC routed UCLA, CAL, and STAN. Scores like 6-1.
What's that if NOT a champion team's resume?

And Sabs LOVES to train. Lauren is not the only one

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #323
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desariofan View Post
You all take it easy with Fantic's penchant for bringing up matchup tourney results to prove his logic. It's the right thing to do, since in NCAA teams there are some unknowns. God forbid he knows how I've tried to dethrone his matchup theory as in NCAA's all bets are off: anything can happen. Just look at last years NCAAs, or any of the past NCAAs for that matter.

It's suffice to say USC will get past STAN and on a collison course w/ UF (assuming they get past CAL). For the match up, I want to give the edge to USC for doubles, but UF's doubles are such a mess that the advantage of it, if there were one, is that anything can happen. Why just look at Cercone/Hitimana winning @ #2 yesterday against GA TECH & Morgan/Collins losing easily @ #3.

Singles will be seasaw. If going by Fantic's logic of if USC played their best ever match, then they could 7-0 UF. Then could we not assume the same with UF at their players playing the best? If that's the case - UF takes #1, #2, #4, #6 singles. Case closed.

(1) Florida vs. (5) USC

Doubles
#1: Embree/Oyen (UF) vs. Christian/Santamaria (USC)
#2: Cercone/Hitimana (UF) vs. Olmos/Scandalis (USC)
#3: Collins/Morgan (UF) vs. DeSimone/Lao (USC)

Singles
#1: Embree (UF) vs. Santamaria (USC)
#2: Oyen (UF) vs. Lao (USC)
#3: Cercone (UF) vs. Scandalis (USC)
#4: Morgan (UF) vs. Olmos (USC)
#5: Janowicz (UF) vs. DeSimone (USC)
#6: Hitimana (UF) vs. Christian (USC)

Curious that you didn't pick Olivia, since she's a proven veteran.
Morgan, NOT.
Did Hitimana deliver at critical moments at NCAA? Didn't she lose in 2011? KK just beat Tsay.. And moreover, she also beat Morgan at UNLV in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Fantic, as much as you are tired of people bringing up Lao at NCAA's last year, I have a hard time with you constantly using Player X beat Player Y, and Player Y beat Player Z, so therefore Player X will beat Player Z logic. Some people are just better match-ups than others, and this logic is pretty faulty. Let's just see what happens on the court.

And Amal, RE: Stanford over USC. I didn't go through line by line to predict who would win, just a gut feeling I had, and I went with it. I could possibly be VERY wrong. I don't, however, think Gibbs will lose to Sabs again on Friday.
I've already mentioned Embree losing to Capra and Susanyi, easily. Sabs is master at constructing points, and she's a tad more powerful than DLao too. Yes, it's ALL about matchup

FYI, the best player in recent years is Jana Juricova. There's no question about it, two time singles champ, one time dbls champ, RECORD advancing to Quarterfinals and Final Four in the slams..(those records will be impossible to break)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : May 13th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #324
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

except for UF fans, who really wants UF winning another NCAA? I mean, really
We won't want another 4-0 shutout by UF against UGA, do we.

Even if USC advances and loses to UF 0-4, still it'll be more entertaining than a boring repeat match like UF vs UGA or STAN

- Woodrow Wilson
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #325
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
except for UF fans, who really wants UF winning another NCAA? I mean, really
We won't want another 4-0 shutout by UF against UGA, do we.

Even if USC advances and loses to UF 0-4, still it'll be more entertaining than a boring repeat match like UF vs UGA or STAN
I'll take a boring WIN for UF A.N.Y D.A.Y
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #326
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Illinois courts fast or slow?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #327
country flag desariofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
Illinois courts fast or slow?
I am hoping it's slow
but in all seriousness - the temp is supposed to be hot/warm, which would slow down the balls. but up north, the weather is supposed to be drier and less humid, which would slow the balls down. but not really 100% sure.
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #328
country flag OldBlue

OldBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Cal fan here, joining the fray...

The Bears are rounding into form at the right time. It helps of course, that they finally have their full line-up relatively healthy (knock on wood). Susanyi is not yet at all the way back, as she didn't play doubles this past weekend and is playing at #3 singles. Chi at #4 has been just tremendous, though, and if Fabikova can continue to hold her own at #2, Cal will be competitive.

Anyway, not sure about how good Alabama is, but if the Bears get to the quarters against UF, I think the Bears have a chance against the Gators if they can sneak off with the doubles point.

Of course, wish we had UCLA's draw instead... sigh...
OldBlue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #329
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlue View Post
Of course, wish we had UCLA's draw instead... sigh...
I think the remaining Pac-12 teams (Stanford, USC, Cal) all wished they had UCLA's draw...
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #330
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1tm123 View Post
I am not sure what matches you were watching but there was NO moon balling going on from either Georgia Players or Arizona. All four girls in the #5 & #6 spot were banging the ball and all were fighting hard and playing great! Credit needs to be given where credit is due and Ayaka Okuna and Mia King both lost 1st set to fight hard to win 2nd and 3rd. All girls from both teams were good players and NO One Moon Balled!!!
I said the same thing in an earlier post. Those four girls were beating the ball to death. I don't think the fellow that made that statement know's what a defensive lob as both girls were stretched out trying to get to hard hit balls. I'm fully in agreement.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote