MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 69 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #1021
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

She's so unbeatable at the moment except for Serena

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1022
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Rewatch the match and the problem is Maria can't take the advantage in some moment Serena was down. 1st set is a mess from Maria and Serena play well. Maria can't make Serena run to much, hit the ball in Serena's safe zone, FH DTL and BH DTL is not good, Serve is no where nere her best. It shows her lack of confident against Serena.
But It's a best result in Madrid recent year, so good tournament for Maria. Need to improve more to prepare for RG
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1023
country flag Tennispower

Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice Tennispower is just really nice

Hi I am new here. First of all congrats Maria for reaching Final, I think she did better this year in almost all tournaments this year than last year till now (Except may be AO), so she and we should feel happy about it.Now I think its time to move on to the next tournament and hope she will repeat the result of last year . She snatched that #500!!! in this tournament so cheer up.
Tennispower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #1024
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking Bodo and his "Maria's career will be defined by losses to Serena" crap. I'm sorry she's not as good as arguably the greatest player ever. You'd never hear him say that about Roddick, who beat Federer like three times in 24 tries.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #1025
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Bodo is irrelevant though. Yuryevna, far from it.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #1026
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think we also need to look at ourselves and admit that we are spoiled by Maria's success. I recognized the same symptoms at the Caro forum a few years ago. I know that Caro is no Sharapova, but the reactions to disappointments was much the same. Now there is reason for disappointment of course, but at the beginning it was, "wow, Caro you're doing great. Perhaps she can get into the top 10!" Than when she got into the top 10 we wanted her in the top five. After that number one. we continually kept on raising the bar and when she failed to deliver on our final ambition, that ever elusive slam win we got frustrated and started talking about her as though her not winning a slam meant that she was a failure. But if we would have had the good sense to think back a few years we would have realized that she was not a failure but that she had in fact already far exceeded our initial expectations. But that comes when you are spoiled by success. At the start you are pleased with doing very good, but there comes a point when even doing great is not good enough anymore in the eyes of the fans of a successful player. We want more, more, more!!! And if she fails to deliver we somehow put the blame on her but not our own inflated expectations.

The Maria story is very different from Caro's of course, and she IS a better player. But just think back to three or four years ago. How many of her fans wouldn't have signed for a Sharapova half as good as the one we have now? Her winning the FO and getting back to #1 was nothing short of a miracle. Very few (if any) other players could have come back from where she was to where she is now. We shouldn't forget that. Of course we want more. Of course we want her to beat Serena. Of course we want her to win another major. But at the same time we should keep in mind that the only reason why we keep raising the bar is that she's already exceeded by far what we would have considered a success a few years ago and that it's not fair of us to demand that she lives up to our expectations which continue to get higher and higher for ever and ever. Hoping we can always do. I'm sure that she herself keeps raising the bar of her own expectations as well. But everyone, no matter how great, has his or her limits. And if she fails to deliver on some of her or our own ambitions for her we shouldn't be disappointed IN her but FOR her because we know that she's trying as hard as she can. Her having a mental block against Serena is not the same as not giving it a 100%. She is, and I'm sure that she is as frustrated about it as any of us, probably more so in fact.
I'm still not completely over it, because I'm still thinking "how good is it to beat anyone else if Serena awaits in a final? "... SIGH.
But as bitter as I am because of yesterday I couldn't agree more with this and it really helps to see things from the right perspective.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #1027
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

That Madrid results thread is basically Doomsday vs. the entire Serena fanbase
I'm surprised actually at the lack of trolling from SS (quite refreshing to see) and it just makes the Rena posters look stupid constantly dragging Martha
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #1028
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even want to think about opening it, but can you give me some examples? I'm too curious
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #1029
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing post, Chrissie-fan. As usual. She's come so far and I could not be more proud. She'll be remembered, by me at least, as a fighter who made adversity her bitch.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #1030
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, the Serena-Maria h2h wouldn't be so lopsided if other people could beat Maria prior to finals Serena's number of titles would be the same either way, Maria just makes it more efficient haha

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1031
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

During Stuttgart and Madrid, Maria gave me the feeling that she had reached a level of self-confidence that I had seen only during her previous peak times. And this is both professionally and personally.
She looked like "I'm going to win this match. 2 sets? 3 sets? does not matter, I'll win. Am I facing one, 2, 3 break points? I'll save them and if not I'll break back" Or "Did they catch me and Dimitri kissing? I'll make some fun out of it".
It's really just my impression, but I really felt that Maria had got to a state of mind that would get her to handle pretty much everything that would come her way.

This was not yet making me 100% sure that she could beat Serena yesterday, but I was convinced that this was an opportunity to give her a real hard time, and - with a bit of luck - perhaps even win. Therefore I was really surprised when she handed the 1st set over in half an hour. She seem to have made a good effort in the 2nd, but once again it did not work.

It is not unlikely that we will have another 4-5 finals this year where Maria and Serena will clash. Maria's got to get over whatever blocks her to display a solid, consistent performance against Serena. Serena is overall the better player, but Maria's gap is definitely not the one that emerges from the scores.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1032
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
......... But everyone, no matter how great, has his or her limits. And if she fails to deliver on some of her or our own ambitions for her we shouldn't be disappointed IN her but FOR her because we know that she's trying as hard as she can. Her having a mental block against Serena is not the same as not giving it a 100%. She is, and I'm sure that she is as frustrated about it as any of us, probably more so in fact.
And as much I appreciate your lovely post I for one am equally frustrated. - It's one thing to lose a match or a final - but a whole different thing to fear an opponent that much that you become paralyzed and can't compete and her "arm is like a swan's neck - so weak" - It is time for Masha and her coach to recognize that the losses to Serena lies not in lack of tennis skills - It is not a matter of how to improve her FH or BH or whatever but a mental issue and IF they wanna solve the problem - since Serena won't disappear any time soon - then they should treat it as such - Hire a sport psychologist which can have daily sessions with her and who maybe is able to get to the root of her problem. Finding the why is the first step in resolving the "Serena problem"

Last edited by MashaFan01 : May 13th, 2013 at 07:47 AM.
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1033
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I'm surprised actually at the lack of trolling from SS (quite refreshing to see) and it just makes the Rena posters look stupid constantly dragging Martha
IKR?

they post some stupid gifs, pictures and sometimes there must be someone to tickle me to even make me laugh

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #1034
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaFan01 View Post
And as much I appreciate your lovely post I for one am equally frustrated. - It's one thing to lose a match or a final - but a whole different thing to fear an opponent that much that you become paralyzed and can't compete and her "arm is like a swan's neck - so weak" - It is time for Masha and her coach to recognize that the losses to Serena lies not in lack of tennis skills - It is not a matter of how to improve her FH or BH or whatever but a mental issue and IF they wanna solve the problem - since Serena won't disappear any time soon - then they should treat it as such - Hire a sport psychologist which can have daily sessions with her and who maybe is able to get to the root of her problem. Finding the why is the first step in resolving the "Serena problem"

Of course we're frustrated about it. I'm as frustrated about it as you. Don't mistake my post for one where I say that she should just accept defeat without trying to do something about it. But people tend to be less understanding of a psychological problem than a physical one because we can't put our finger on it. But it's not a matter of choice and for the person who suffers from it a psychological/mental problem is very real, just as real as a physical one would be. I agree about the sports psychologist. But even if he/she would be able to take all fear away from her (or make her believe that Serena is Alize Cornet ) I don't think that she would all of a sudden start beating Serena all over the place because she's one hell of a player. But she probably would compete better and be more able to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #1035
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Well, you know my opinion on these things. The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. I remember back in the day when everyone at the Caro forum was complaining about the vicious trolling aimed at Caro I proposed that we as Woz fans would all just stay away from GM. Of course that one didn't go down too well (not that I had expected that it would ), but it's the only effective way of dealing with it. The goal of a troll is to annoy the fans of a certain player. When no fans of that player are there to annoy there's no fun to be had for the troll. It's logical, no? But of course that's only a good idea in theory because you can never get 100% of a players fanbase to agree on that, and it only takes one or two replies to make the trolls feel that the're doing an effective job.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote