Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013. - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #196
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2013.

We're all going to be so gutted when she loses today
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #197
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
1. Stay healthy and fit.
2. Maintain the 3-set record; have good mental stamina.
3. Improve the serve (more variety please if possible).
4. Improve net play.
5. Go deep in Slams and possibly win one (AO please!!!).
6. Win at least 3 tournaments!
7. Win IW or Miami.
8. Defeat her closest rivals more often, play tough against Serena.
9. Qualify for YEC.
10. Try to stay in top 5.
YAY! Well Mash, you just achieved my secret wish - win one clay title!!
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:27 AM   #198
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future MaSharp has a brilliant future

-Stay healthy and fit
-Win at least 5 tournaments
-Stay claygoat (winning Rome, RG would be perfect)
-Win at least one slam
-SF at all 4 slams
-positive h2h against Vika.
-Stay in top 3
-Improve serve

This are just some of my wishes. I know she is capable of doing all that I wrote.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #199
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Her serve has been good. It also depends she who plays as well.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #200
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future MashaFan01 has a brilliant future

I want her to win a grand slam - that is all 4 slams in one year - That would make her even better than Serena Williams
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #201
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Ngl, I fear you might be waiting quite a while for that one.
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #202
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Wimbledon and nothing else
Old May 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #203
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
Wimbledon and nothing else

considering her level on grass lately u might be disappointed
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #204
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
1. Health, health, health.
2. Another Grand Slam-it automatically makes any season a success.
3. Get to 30 career titles.
4. Some tangible improvements to her game, like having better placement and speed changes with her serve. And more accuracy and fewer DFs.
5. More consistency with her returns, top 3 in service break %.
6. Improve her groundies with good angles and fewer errors.
7. More confidence in moving forward and volleying.
8. Get better at turning defense into offense.
9. Have a winning record against Vika.
10.Remain in the top 3 all year.
11.Win a hard court title.
12.Winning finals record.
13.Stop getting off to sluggish starts in matches.
14.A couple of talk show appearances.
15.A couple of red carpets.
16.A couple of photoshoots.
17.Keep passing her drug tests.
18.Zero losses to players outside top 10.
19.Fewer exhibitions.
20.BEAT Serena, silence the haters.
1. Health, health, health. (Keep it up!)
2. Another Grand Slam-it automatically makes any season a success. (We'll see....)
3. Get to 30 career titles. (So close! )
4. Some tangible improvements to her game, like having better placement and speed changes with her serve. And more accuracy and fewer DFs. (Started the year promising with better serve, but getting worse lately. )
5. More consistency with her returns, top 3 in service break %. (Could be better.)
6. Improve her groundies with good angles and fewer errors. (I really like her forehand this year. )
7. More confidence in moving forward and volleying. (Uhhh...no. )
8. Get better at turning defense into offense. (I think it's improved.)
9. Have a winning record against Vika. (Still waiting....)
10.Remain in the top 3 all year. (Pretty much a lock. )
11.Win a hard court title. (YES! )
12.Winning finals record. (Meh. 2-2 now.)
13.Stop getting off to sluggish starts in matches. (Still an issue. )
14.A couple of talk show appearances. (Well, there was the Moscow one. )
15.A couple of red carpets. (Forget this one. Play more tennis. )
16.A couple of photoshoots. (Yes, indeed. )
17.Keep passing her drug tests. (Cleanpova)
18.Zero losses to players outside top 10. (So far, so good.)
19.Fewer exhibitions. (Hopefully)
20.BEAT Serena, silence the haters. ()
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #205
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Win the US Open Series.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #206
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

return better and improve her groundgame
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#29
PAW Rank:#29 Titles New Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#81.
Three Hands Titles Montreal, Tokyo 2014
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #207
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Stay healthy! And I'd really love her to improve her game the same way she did between 2011 and 2012.

Winning a slam makes a season a success, I'd prefer AO but any will do.. defending RG would be great.
Win a HC title, Miami maybe and the most bold of all: win a match against Serena
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #208
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post

Quote:
Win a HC title

Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 06:53 AM   #209
country flag Panther24

Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute Panther24 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't here at the end of last season or the beginning of this one..

But for the remainder of 2013, I would love:

Win a Grand Slam (Just USO left) or a win against Serena, or both in the same tournament of course

Lets go for the 2013 US Open

The YEC would be nice too
Panther24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:03 AM   #210
country flag lakan kildap

lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold lakan kildap is a splendid one to behold

1. start beating Serena. not all the time, but at least every other match, before Serena becomes really old or washed up and any victories over her become "doesn't count"
2. win Miami, for obvious reasons
3. win a major in an odd number year. there's still time left in 2013.