German Amateur Tennis League and LK-Tournament Thread - Season 2013 - Vol. 1 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #16
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: German Amateur Tennis League and LK-Tournament Thread - Season 2013 - Vol. 1

As a layman let me ask what you mean with "LK" and how it works to get a lower number. Crazillo already gave a hint in his comment. It must be something like handycap in gulf.
A very few words on it would be fine.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 13th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #17
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of
Re: German Amateur Tennis League and LK-Tournament Thread - Season 2013 - Vol. 1

Had a good season last year and moved up from LK 14 to 13. It will be not so easy to hold this.

Never played LK tournaments in the past, so propably I should start with it this year. Even though it's not that easy because of having also other priorities with being married and still playing at the GLTA-Tour.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #18
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
As a layman let me ask what you mean with "LK" and how it works to get a lower number. Crazillo already gave a hint in his comment. It must be something like handycap in gulf.
A very few words on it would be fine.
LK means Leistungsklasse, your teams have to be made in accordance with LKs, so 10 plays in front of 14 etc. Before some teams used to play with a weak No. 1 to have a tactical advantage which is not possible anymore.
When you start, you get the lowest LK, that is 23, 1 is the highest.
In my case, I got 7 or 8 but didn't play for years, and when I started again I had 14 (I think you drop two LKs each season if you don't play).
Also, tournament entrance is organized according to LKs, so you can only play A level with high LKs and B level with lower ones.
And there's a lot more tournaments now than before, I think that's the best thing about the LK system. When I was a junior, we only had very few tournaments that were also waaaaay overpriced. It's better now and I wish it was like that before. Nevertheless, the system has some flaws, too. You can only go up if you beat a certain amount of players with a higher LK than you have yourself. Also, some players won't meet good enough opposition in regular interclubs so their LK might drop despite winning every single match.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #19
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

Sascha, maybe you should mention that you get points for each win

if you beat a player with 2 LK´s (or better) LK better then you
then you get 150 points
1 LK better then you = 100 points
same LK = 50 points
1 LK worse then you = 30 points
2 LK worse then you = 15 points
3 LK worse then you = 10 points
4 LK or more worse then you = 5 points

as example for me this season

i need 80 points, and at least 1 win against a LK 17 (or better) player to keep LK 17
if i reach 250 points and at least 1 win against a LK 16 (or better)

there would be even the chance to move up to LK 12 or more
but for LK 12 i would need 1500 points, and at least 2 wins over LK 12 (or better)

it was just a example to make it a bit more clear

you earn the points when you play a official Teammatch for your club, or you can enter "LK Turniere"
at such a LK Tournament they try to pair you with players on a similar LK
because it would be useless if a LK 10 would face a LK 18
the LK 10 wouldn´t earn much points, and the LK 18 hasn´t a real chance

Last edited by matthias : Apr 13th, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #20
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Danke, Sascha!

Yeah and I think you need three wins against LK players of the level you eventually wanna move up to. So I am LK 5 now but I played a DTB tournament (they count for LK, too, but not vice versa) last winter where I beat two LK4 so now I need one more LK4 or better win in order to be LK4 for Summer 2014. DTB recalculates annually.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #21
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute

A higher LK you need more wins
At my level mostly one win is enough to move up or stay at the same LK
A higher LK they wanna lower the influence of luck and retirement I guess
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #22
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Thanks guys. That was very informative.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #23
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

kurzes update: 4-6 3-6 und 0-6 0-6

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #24
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

and the LK´s of your opponents?

EDIT - saw it on MyBigPoint - both LK23

Last edited by matthias : Apr 15th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM   #25
country flag abhishek0990

abhishek0990 is an unknown quantity at this point

nice information. thank you for sharing it.

thanks
packersm
abhishek0990 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #26
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Would be happy to keep LK 10 or maybe go one up
I think i am in a good shape this season

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #27
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

tomorrow we have our first tie, but our #1 can´t play
so i have to play as #3
most likely against a LK 15 player, it´s a good chance for me to earn good points since i´m LK 17
but it will be tough to win
Old May 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #28
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Matthias (LK 17) def. LK 19
6:2 6:2

Matthias/Daniel(LK23) def. LK15/LK22
6:2 6:4

my Team won 5:4 after beeing down 2:4 after singles
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #29
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

Geil

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #30
country flag joe87

joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute joe87 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Matthias + Team
Suicide Tennis: Rank: #22 Highest: #2
Titles: 2007 Bad Gastein, 2008 US Open, 2009 Sydney, Miami, YEC Doha 2010 Dubai, Budapest, Prague 2011 Brussels 2013 Strasbourg
Tennis Tipping: Rank: #34 Highest: #1 Doubles: Rank: #38 Highest: #1
Titles S: 2009 ITF Dubai 2010 Bad Gastein, Tashkent 2011 Sydney, ITF Nassau, ITF Alphen, Seoul 2012 ITF Civitavecchia, Wimbledon, Carlsbad
Titles D: 2009 5x ITF 2010 Fes, Rome, Tokyo, YEC Doha 2011 ITF Monzon, Baku, Seoul 2012 Paris, Taipei, ITF Pune 2013 4x ITF, Charleston, Nürnberg 2014 ITF Alphen, Tashkent
joe87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote