MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 47 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #691
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Maria and VIP are currently two best claycourters in the world hands down, with Heerani being a distant third in pecking order. Expect italian to routine servebot tomorrow - the court is very high bouncing and Heerani will be driving behemoth mad with her topspin. Maria should routine VIP too, as such conditions favour her game as well.
I know you are troll and all, but this part is genius
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #692
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Serena's return will need to be off for Errani to win, but Sara can trouble her on this surface. I actually think both SFs will be very entertaining.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #693
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

I expect Serena and Maria to win in straight sets tomorrow

I definitely think Maria has a chance of making it competitive again considering Serena's form.

If she can use the court well and not hit to Serena, but hit in corners and of course serve well, it could be a good match.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #694
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I should report here for my lashings for not wanting Maria to win here

I'll try and justify it.

1) it means her 500th win would come in Madrid. I don't want Tiriac to have that.
2) It means her 500th win would come in a tournament she most likely win.
3) Ana could use the win more I think.
4) If she wins, great, but then she might get a beatdown from Serena in the final, because it's still a quick red clay

I'd rather Maria face Serena at the optimum surface, not Madrid.

So yeah brand me a fake fan whatever, but I don't want Maria to win tomorrow
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #695
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still trying to get emotionally invested in this tournament, but I can't quite get there, even with the interesting subplots. Maria going for #500, her red clay streak, the prospect of playing Serena yet again...

But my mind keeps coming back to "It's just Madrid." The calm weeks before the big storm that is Roland Garros. If this was the French semis, I'd probably be hyperventilating right now.

I suppose a Maria victory over Serena would be the one thing that would ignite my excitement though. But if she comes up short, whether it's against Ana or Serena, it wouldn't be devastating. I've just been really impressed with how Maria has handled her business in these last 4 tournaments and am enjoying the ride.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #696
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I do think she's got a good shot at her, if she gets to that point, and so because of that I'm excited at the prospect of them meeting. I mean, I'll always be excited for their matches, because each one is another chance to get that W, however unlikely it may be.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #697
country flag Fighterpova

I actually think Maria is playing well. She was far from her best in Madrid/Rome last year and she won Rome and would have probably won Madrid if she hadn't played Serena. The same story is this year. She isn't playing her best, but she is so ahead of the rest of the tour that she doesn't need to. As fans, we didn't have that luxury back in 2009-2011.

So all these people attacking Maria for having cakewalk draws are ridiculous If anything, Maria's draw has been way more difficult than Serena's so far

And does it even matter? Li, Kvitova, Stosur, Woz, etc. mostly lose to scrubs anyway, so the draw doesn't even matter that much
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #698
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Guess I should report here for my lashings for not wanting Maria to win here

I'll try and justify it.

1) it means her 500th win would come in Madrid. I don't want Tiriac to have that.
2) It means her 500th win would come in a tournament she most likely win.
3) Ana could use the win more I think.
4) If she wins, great, but then she might get a beatdown from Serena in the final, because it's still a quick red clay

I'd rather Maria face Serena at the optimum surface, not Madrid.

So yeah brand me a fake fan whatever, but I don't want Maria to win tomorrow
I like Ana as well, so let me just add:

3.1) It would help Ana to get a Top 12 Seed at RG.

Anyway, FAKE FAN!!!11!

Old May 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #699
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I know you are troll and all, but this part is genius
coming from the most obnoxious poster on here, that's pretty rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #700
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
coming from the most obnoxious poster on here, that's pretty rich
True, but at least I don't spread ridiculous and biased statements
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #701
country flag Chokerpova
WG

Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future Chokerpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
And does it even matter? Li, Kvitova, Stosur, Woz, etc. mostly lose to scrubs anyway, so the draw doesn't even matter that much
IKR!! People in GM seem to never get this, like never ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
I like Ana as well, so let me just add:

3.1) It would help Ana to get a Top 12 Seed at RG.

Anyway, FAKE FAN!!!11!
Yeah I want Ana to sneak in the top 12 to avoid top 4 at RG and be able to make a good run there I'm so sick of her always losing in R4 already
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #702
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, but at least I don't spread ridiculous and biased statements
we'll see about "ridiculous" part when these 3 players will have the best results on clay
I'm basing my opinion on what I see on a tennis court, not hype or reputation. And so far those 3 ladies play the best on red stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #703
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
we'll see about "ridiculous" part when these 3 players will have the best results on clay
I'm basing my opinion on what I see on a tennis court, not hype or reputation. And so far those 3 ladies play the best on red stuff
I obviously agree about Maria, she's been an absolute GOAT on clay the last 2 years, but VIP and Sara, really?
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #704
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
You guys are funny saying Maria hasn't been playing well. Are we watching the same match? She's not making many errors as in Stuggart and her ground strokes are more consistent and it's outdoor and her shot placements have to be safer than indoor considering the weather condition if you are saying her forehand in their court but honestly I think she plays well.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #705
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
I can't believe Ana is even with Maria on the WWW poll!
That's not so unusual for GM where half of the members always vote for who they want to win instead of who they think will win.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote