Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 142 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2116
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Kaia!!

It would be great if she could shock Sharapova but unlikely.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #2117
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Kaia still about 200 pts from the RG seed, but how nice it really is seeing her play without being too worried about another 3-month break off injury
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2118
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
there is no commentary about today's match on kaia's website... this may well mean that her leg's an issue... usually she comments on her wins within a few hours after the match.

i keep my fingers Xed she's OK. it would be devastating to miss another GS event especially in light of her recent form. she has a couple of years left to seriously contend for a slam.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #2119
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Great to see her winning yet another match, but I cannot believe there is an injury again, that is just so impossible.

Do we have to fear a walkover for the next match? Strange that there are no comments from her team about this, I guess they don't have much information about it yet. Well, at least it isn't the heels again, hopefully just a strain or sth.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #2120
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the no comments is a bit worrying If it's getting worse after the meds wear off, she shouldn't really risk it..

Anyway. The match is planned on Manolo Santana tomorrow as the 2nd match, 1st one starts at 10:50. Serena vs AMG probably won't last that long, so KaSha will play an hour or so after that.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2121
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am worrying too Please do not be injured again
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #2122
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY!

Kaia's own words: "It was intense match today. In the beginning we both were feeling out the game. The court was a bit more slippery compared to other courts – it was different to play there. I started to play better in the middle of the first set and felt more and more solid.
In the beginning of the second set my hip flexor muscle starter to hurt and I called for the trainer. I did not move at all when I felt the pain, I lost the desire to play, I was bothered that I could not give my maximum. The trainer put a very strong tape on the muscle so it was weird to walk, but it helped.
She froze when we started to play after my medical time out. Then she took medical herself, she went off court as well. I did not take it seriously, I hit serve and kept myself warm. The timeout did not bother me. I am very happy that I managed to play till the end and win it.
I have had many matches not in a short period of time. As I did not play for six month my body needs to adjust to the pressure.
According to the current plans I will play tomorrow."
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2123
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
this is not great. she'll likely play on painkillers. the upside is that maybe painkillers will take some psychological pressure off kaia.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by hardball : May 10th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2124
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Great win over Hantuchova, Kaia !

Premier QF. So happy for her. Now just stay healthy please

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #2125
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Lost 2-6 4-6 to Sharapova. It was really a bad display with 8/32 w/ue ratio.

She doesn't seem to like playing against her.

QF is still a great result though.
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #2126
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

She looked like she didn't want or was afraid to play. I didn't expect much from it anyway, hopefully she gets some rest now and will be healthy for Brussels and RG.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2127
country flag Tennisfan06

1 game more than last time. I wished it could be more competitive. But QF is an awesome result, much much more than I expected from her.
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #2128
country flag Tennisfan06

Kaia's own words: "She played quite well today. I had to stay in every point myself and it was difficult to be aggressive. She is better at the moment because when playing with such fast pace I need to play better than I normally play. With other players the pace is not that fast.

Now I have a short recovery and training period and the next tournament will be in Brussels starting on May 20th.
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #2129
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiafan View Post
Lost 2-6 4-6 to Sharapova. It was really a bad display with 8/32 w/ue ratio.

She doesn't seem to like playing against her.

QF is still a great result though.
I couldn't see the match. Sad to see the stats were this bad Although winning more games than last time is itself better..

Funnily enough Serena seems to suit her better. Even when she was in this big slump she won more games against her. But whatever.

Kaia's just 100 points from the RG seed. If she was desperate she had probably requested Rome's top 20 WC
Now the loss to Minella stings more.

Madrid was a good tournament though She beat everyone she was supposed to beat. It can only get better. Of course without the injuries
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #2130
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't expecting a win here. Glad she didn't get a bagel.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote