Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 171 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 9th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2551
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Is she currently number 9 in the race for YEC for the road too Istanbul ? anyway I hoping she make it but being an alternate won't make me mad neither but we still have a alot more tennis too play for the season so hopefully she can get in the mix, but overall I looking forward too see her Improve as an player the mostly, That wat I want too see from her more than anything

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2552
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Is she currently number 9 in the race for YEC for the road too Istanbul ? anyway I hoping she make it but being an alternate won't make me mad neither but we still have a alot more tennis too play for the season so hopefully she can get in the mix, but overall I looking forward too see her Improve as an player the mostly, That wat I want too see from her more than anything
She will be #9 on Monday unless Ivanovic wins the title, then she will be #10.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2553
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing that she's 9 in the race. Last 2 mandatories she lost her 2nd match & 1st match. The next 2 majors are clay & grass, so it will probably be an uphill climb to get to Istanbul, like last year.
Unless she competes like she used to, it will be tough for her.
I wonder how many years this goes on. How can she not be frustrated by this? Her career looked so promising 2 years ago
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2554
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
When someone talks about qualifying for Istanbul they are almost always talking about finishing in the top 8, and not about maybe scraping in as an alternate. Of course is someone is injured before it even starts, this tends to get ignored. You don't really want to be relying on others injuries to qualify though.

I am not sure how the last line even fits your point. Stosur had no injury at all last year, and no matter what she thinks, Errani was quite clearly the superior player on the year in literally every measurement (results, head to head).
Your first paragraph is on point;I was simply pointing out that there were exceptions to the ideal scenario whereby a person who barely qualified should and would feel quite proud of that accomplishment.

Upon reflection,I can see where my thrust wasn't clear(that's one of the drawbacks of this medium of communication).My POINT was that Errani,overall,is not a FAR superior tennis player to Stosur,and that's true regardless of whether or not either qualifies for YEC.The YEC #8 spot is NOT a true line of demarcation between elite tennis players and the rest of the WTA.I'd rate Errani as being MUCH closer to Stosur,Bartoli and Caroline than she is to Vika,Maria and Serena.Sure,making the field is a nice reflection of one's performance in the previous reg. season and it has nice symbolic value,too--but it's NOT a tell-all in re someone's level as a player.

Just look at Errani,someone who's never even won a single Premier and hasn't even come CLOSE to winning one.In her three biggest career finals,she was beaten in straights by Mona Barthel,smoked by Sharapova--on Errani's BEST surface--and then finally won an isolated set when Petra went sleepwalking in the Dubai final's 2nd set(the 1st and 3rd sets were 6-2 and 6-1 for Petra).Then you've got Kerber,a 25-year-old who's won TWO titles in her career(only one a Premier)and made two other Premier finals.She's probably the only Top 10 player that Caroline could've beaten with her current form.

In sum,all of the truly elite players qualify for YEC...but not every player who qualifies for YEC is automatically elite status.At this stage of things,if Caroline snuck into YEC at #8 w/o winning a title or coming that close to doing so,that wouldn't change the general perception of her ONE BIT relative to her finishing at #9 and barely missing out(if there were no injuries)

EDIT:And the Serb forum will appreciate your TREMENDOUS kindness in re post #2552(lol)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #2555
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline

Bombing out in R1 again. And in 2 straight sets too. Extremely embarrassing. Caroline`s career is a disaster right now. Her last losses were to Muguruza, Vögele, Navarro and Shvedova. Caroline is really the fallen comet. She is so bad I can only laugh.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #2556
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Caroline

Bombing out in R1 again. And in 2 straight sets too. Extremely embarrassing. Caroline`s career is a disaster right now. Her last losses were to Muguruza, Vögele, Navarro and Shvedova. Caroline is really the fallen comet. She is so bad I can only laugh.
But we LOVE her anyway. She may be a fallen comet, but she's OUR fallen comet.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #2557
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Rory ruined her whole career

Caroline is not focused on tennis anymore

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #2558
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caroline

The only way to go is up?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #2559
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rory ruined her whole career

Caroline is not focused on tennis anymore
I rather blame her dad & coaches, like adidas team, than Rory.

But its not Rory or her dad or adidas team. Its Caroline. If you told Sharapova to add a lot of topspin, and she started getting poor results, she wouldnt stick with it for 2 years of poor results.
Whatever went on to have her hitting forehands so wild and with unforced errors, she should have stopped by now, and at least go down playing the way she got to #1. Being consistent.
To ruin her career with a new style is almost freakishly crazy. Nobody else would throw their successful career away without a fight. These unforced forehand errors are what she tried to avoid when she was winning. Now she goes for the high risk shots on big points, like thats a strategy

Old May 10th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #2560
country flag rucolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I rather blame her dad & coaches, like adidas team, than Rory.
WTF her dad brought her to #1 !

Caroline`s focus is not on tennis since she met Rory

Good Luck
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #2561
country flag goldenlox

Her dad was with her when she got to #1, and these last 2 years when her career imploded.
But its really Caroline. She showed against Kerber she can still play well. Since then, its 4 tournaments with only 2 match wins

Old May 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #2562
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
The only way to go is up?
Not if you're still #10 in the ranking. There's a much further way to go down, than up .. However, she is unlike to finish the year outside top 30.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #2563
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is an adult and can make her own decisions. I'm sure she's aware her career has deterioated somewhat the last couple of years. But we can't really blame Rory. If Caro's priorities were her career and just that, then she could perhaps sack Rory to see if that might change things. But she obviously wants to invest something into this relationship, and we can't really blame Rory for that. Caroline is the only person who can make such decisions.

She's the one who has to get up each day and live her life. And to live a life isn't just about tennis. If being in a relationship is what she needs at the moment, then we should be glad she is in one. Anything else would be rather childish and selfish.

Last edited by angliru : May 10th, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spell
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #2564
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Her dad was with her when she got to #1, and these last 2 years when her career imploded.
But its really Caroline. She showed against Kerber she can still play well. Since then, its 4 tournaments with only 2 match wins
Very true. Only those close to Caroline could say for certain but despite the presence of Sanchez and Johansson Piotr has always been there and has probably always been the primary coach. Sanchez spoke about the closeness between the two of them and I believe that Johansson was there primarily to work on her serve. If PPiotr deserves credit for her rise then he should also take (at least some) of the responsibility for her fall. Her game was in decline before Sanchez started working with her.

Maybe the "mystery coach" is to blame? That is a question that I would love to hear asked of her. Did this "mystery coach" actually exist?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2565
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
She's the one who has to get up each day and live her life. And to live a life isn't just about tennis. If beging in a relationship is what she needs at the moment, then we should be glad she is in one. Anything else would be rather childish and selfish.
Well,I wouldn't necessarily agree with that if Caroline were in an abusive relationship...or if she had a bf in the Danish mafia(if there IS such a group).Don't laugh,folks;there are a couple players who have made such choices.However,I assume that you were referring to NORMAL relationships,in which case I agree with you

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread