Mona's livescore thread! - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #1741
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of
Re: Mona's livescore thread!

bagel avoided
Advertisement

Old May 4th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1742
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

At least not a bagel!
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1743
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of Tecumseh has much to be proud of

Another tank job from Mona! It starts getting unacceptable.
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1744
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1745
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
taxi for Bine please

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermod View Post
I liked Mona until recently, but her attitude is just horrible. I don't think I will bother with her anymore.

Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #1746
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Her reputation will start to suffer if she remains this attitude.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #1747
country flag chaton

chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold chaton is a splendid one to behold

This is really annoying... I mean - it's not a shame to lose to Flipkens. The last meeting between these two was quite close. But it's the third time in a row at the tour that after losing a close first set she got no game or just 1 game in the second set. She should really think about that. Either she has a problem with her attitude or a mental problem.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #1748
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Another tank job from Mona! It starts getting unacceptable.
what makes you think shes 'tanking'? her websites says she was ill

a similar remark was made after her loss in Stuttgart...yet she went on with Sabine to win the doubles.
The loss there was due to strain from the 3 set matches she had played Fed Cup. She decided to do her bit for germany by playing Fed Cup, her reward for aiding germany is to be called 'lazy' 'tanking' etc
Had she NOT played Fed Cup she would have won her singles match.
The issue is health and fitnes...Mona has never 'tanked'.

Monas style of play (natural, effortless) is such that the unobservant may think she is being lazy.
jalusbrian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #1749
country flag jalusbrian

jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all jalusbrian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaton View Post
This is really annoying... I mean - it's not a shame to lose to Flipkens. The last meeting between these two was quite close. But it's the third time in a row at the tour that after losing a close first set she got no game or just 1 game in the second set. She should really think about that. Either she has a problem with her attitude or a mental problem.

frmo Mojnas website: note the date:
9.5.: Unfortunately, Mona had to cancel the tournament in Rome due to stomach and intestinal problems. She will now regenerate at home and then starting in Paris fit again.
4.5.: Mona wasn't physically 100% fit, so she couldn't show her usual performance.

Fans expect their favorite to be 100%, reality is this is not always so

Mona has no attitude or mental problem: she always gives her best; but her style of play is deceptive: it makes her seem lazy to the unobservant

people who critise Mona need to be careful; any attempt to make Mona play there way may harm her game and career...witness Caro Wozniacki
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1750
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Her reputation will start to suffer if she remains this attitude.
until her next tournament win...

lets see what shes done this year
final Auckland
Final Hobart
Win Paris
her win in FedCup saves germanys bacon, she could have won against ANA Ivanovic(whom she has beaten twice), but beginners nerves derailed her game; and she'd have deprived the doubles team of their triumph.
won doubles in Stuttgart with Sabine (why didnt she also 'tank' here?)

not bad for a player whos only in her 2nd year on tour

Last edited by jalusbrian : May 10th, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #1751
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
what makes you think shes 'tanking'? her websites says she was ill

a similar remark was made after her loss in Stuttgart...yet she went on with Sabine to win the doubles.
The loss there was due to strain from the 3 set matches she had played Fed Cup. She decided to do her bit for germany by playing Fed Cup, her reward for aiding germany is to be called 'lazy' 'tanking' etc
Had she NOT played Fed Cup she would have won her singles match.
The issue is health and fitnes...Mona has never 'tanked'.

Monas style of play (natural, effortless) is such that the unobservant may think she is being lazy.
Welcome jalusbrian!

When i was writing that post i didn't have the info about her illness because it wasn't published yet via her website. I was disappointed that she lost her opening match at a WTA tournament for the third time in a row in the same way (losing a close first set and then losing the second 1-6).

I admit that, in hindsight, my post was inappropriate. Next time i will try to get over my first emotion and wait until all the info is available.

As for her match against Safarova i can only partially accept the fed cup explanation to the effect that a debut in fed cup might be emotionally very exhausting. On the other hand you have to consider that Safarova played fed cup as well (ok not as a debutant) and she lost the decisive match in three sets against Vinci. So she probably was tired as well and additionally she might have felt some disapppointment.

What i saw in the second set against Lucie was a Mona being in self-destuction mode, a Mona who can't handle her disappointment of not being able to play her best game. We could see it against Pegula as well that this sort of disappointment makes her smashing returns and second serves. So tanking is not the right word but she clearly is not able to get out of her frustration in these situations.

I believe she has to work on this issue in order to become a regular TOP-20 player.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1752
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Welcome jalusbrian!

When i was writing that post i didn't have the info about her illness because it wasn't published yet via her website. I was disappointed that she lost her opening match at a WTA tournament for the third time in a row in the same way (losing a close first set and then losing the second 1-6).

I admit that, in hindsight, my post was inappropriate. Next time i will try to get over my first emotion and wait until all the info is available.

What i saw in the second set against Lucie was a Mona being in self-destuction mode, a Mona who can't handle her disappointment of not being able to play her best game. We could see it against Pegula as well that this sort of disappointment makes her smashing returns and second serves. So tanking is not the right word but she clearly is not able to get out of her frustration in these situations.

I believe she has to work on this issue in order to become a regular TOP-20 player.
Hi Tecumseh
thanks for the welcome.
Ive been a fan of Monas since seeing her 2012 Hobart win by chance, Mona is still a developing player like SloaneStephens Garbine Muguruza or Laura Robson....all still lack consistency.
Ive seen Monas matches ...ive neve seen her tanking.Proof is her success in winning doubles in Stuttgart: why tank i singles and win i doubles?

i can also get frustrated when faves fail...it often happens. But sooner or later they will turn in a good performance and win
cheers
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #1753
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Hi Tecumseh
thanks for the welcome.
Ive been a fan of Monas since seeing her 2012 Hobart win by chance, Mona is still a developing player like SloaneStephens Garbine Muguruza or Laura Robson....all still lack consistency.
Ive seen Monas matches ...ive neve seen her tanking.Proof is her success in winning doubles in Stuttgart: why tank i singles and win i doubles?

i can also get frustrated when faves fail...it often happens. But sooner or later they will turn in a good performance and win
cheers
Did you see Mona live in Hobart?
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1754
country flag jalusbrian

Quote:
Did you see Mona live in Hobart?
fraid not....i live on the mainland...i had hoped to see her live in Melbourne(aussie open) but she was gone by the time i got there.Maybe next year she will make it to 4th rnd
Old May 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #1755
country flag Bino

Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold Bino is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

When she was winning doubles in Stuttgart Mona has a very strong Sabine on her side. She was helping Mona a lot, also to keep her mental stage on top. In the singles competition Mona has too high expectations on herself. She needs that kind of a invisible Bine on her side in singles
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote