*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 140 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #2086
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
At the end of the day Vika has to be better than that mentally. She shouldn't have let it completely overtake her thoughts. It's not like this was a decision at a point when the match had totally gotten away from her down a set and a break. It was on serve in the 3rd, the match was very much there for the taking, it was not like Makarova really did anything to win, Vika just completely gifted her the match.

At least this part sounds good :- “I still have another tournament before the French Open to compete in, and I’m going to go back on the practice court and work hard to improve.”
I was just about to say it is amazing she only lost to Serena (and ok Sharapova once) in a full year soon. In every sport this happens sooner or later. The ones on top take a bad loss.

Just hope she brushes this off and get back on track. Losing in finals/semi finals to top players once in a while, but always getting there is what i am most impressed with.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #2087
country flag AJDEANA.

AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light

Her behave with the chair umpire .... How is it possible for a former world #1 anyway?
AJDEANA. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #2088
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDEANA. View Post
Her behave with the chair umpire .... How is it possible for a former world #1 anyway?
A ranking is just a number, it doesn't influence a person. It's not like anything outrageous was said, it was the sort of argument I see daily in tennis matches (especially with ATP's new time rule ).
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #2089
country flag AJDEANA.

AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm, maybe a ranking is just a number, but I mean someone as well-known as Vika is has to show the example and no to decrease at such a level.
Moreover, didn't she say something like " I cant understand what are u still doing in that chair " or smthing like this?
AJDEANA. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #2090
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vika is not the first number one nor will she be the last to let her emotions get the best of her. It's part of competing.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #2091
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hmm, maybe a ranking is just a number, but I mean someone as well-known as Vika is has to show the example and no to decrease at such a level.
Moreover, didn't she say something like " I cant understand what are u still doing in that chair " or smthing like this?
Yes, and several of us said it was a bad comment. I think it is ok to post negative comments here, as long as you like Vika in general. If you are not, please post it in other place.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #2092
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

I think her comments about her playing against herself is spot on. She tried to prove that she can still be consistent and got frustrated then adding on the external environment. At least she realized it right away so I believe she will not let that happened again.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #2093
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

I have no problem with her talking with the umpire. She's a passionate person who won't back down in an argument.

I hope her play here were help her to remember what she needs to do, game-wise, when things aren't going well.
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #2094
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

I hope and I am sure this outburst is wat she needed to get onto the right track for Rome and RG.

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #2095
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Actually vika nowadays cannot handle 2 weeks in a row of tournaments except grand slams. Look at last year's madrid/rome, olympic/toronto, Tokyo/china, this year's Doha/Dubai ...sometimes I wonder if subconsciously she just forfeits one to save energy for the slams only.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #2096
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
Actually vika nowadays cannot handle 2 weeks in a row of tournaments except grand slams. Look at last year's madrid/rome, olympic/toronto, Tokyo/china, this year's Doha/Dubai ...sometimes I wonder if subconsciously she just forfeits one to save energy for the slams only.
She did win Beijing and Linz back to back on the back of getting sick in Tokyo too. Most your examples are just events that Vika didn't turn up to.
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #2097
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
I have no problem with her talking with the umpire. She's a passionate person who won't back down in an argument.

I hope her play here were help her to remember what she needs to do, game-wise, when things aren't going well.
I think it is okay as long as it doesn't take her head out of the game and she basically self-destructs. I am not sure how it happened in this match since I couldn't watch it or didn't have the chance to watch some highlights but if she cannot go back to business after it then she needs to learn how to calm herself better.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #2098
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
I think it is okay as long as it doesn't take her head out of the game and she basically self-destructs. I am not sure how it happened in this match since I couldn't watch it or didn't have the chance to watch some highlights but if she cannot go back to business after it then she needs to learn how to calm herself better.
It was pretty much the definition of taking her head out of the game and self-destructing .
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #2099
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshum View Post
I really don't think so.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #2100
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina. View Post
She had some run-ins with umpires last year like at the Olympics and Linz but they didn't affect her *(also they were quite funny to watch). Especially at the Olympics she was really wound up for that match and was playing poorly. She did what she learned to do in the last couple of years when she's not feeling her shots, play within herself and grind it out. Yesterday she decided against her previous experience that the best thing to do was just swing like a rusty gate. Don't know why.