Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2 - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #361
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
Serena with Top 10 Week #574 (11 Years)
Wow, what a career. And she still wants to do more which is admirable. Not every player manages to keep such hunger for so many years.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #362
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell chokes a match away to Ivanovic?

Choking to a mental midget...ugh.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : May 8th, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #363
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

Laura is hardly known for being a mental giant herself. Caro could do with Ivanovic beating Kerber in the quarters.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #364
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Laura is hardly known for being a mental giant herself. Caro could do with Ivanovic beating Kerber in the quarters.
Yes, but she has closed out Kvitova, Kim, and Li though.

I think Kerber recently choking away both sets to Ivanovic made this loss particularly exasperating for me. It's up there with choking to headcases like Petrova or Kuznetsova.

Kerber is now ahead of Caro in the YEC race. I'd prefer not to see another player close in on Caro's position in the YEC race.

Btw, which is worse: going to watch some singing competition soon after being eliminated from a tournament or going to watch some golf?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #365
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, but she has closed out Kvitova, Kim, and Li though.

I think Kerber recently choking away both sets to Ivanovic made this loss particularly exasperating for me. It's up there with choking to headcases like Petrova or Kuznetsova.

Kerber is now ahead of Caro in the YEC race. I'd prefer not to see another player close in on Caro's position in the YEC race.

Btw, which is worse: going to watch some singing competition soon after being eliminated from a tournament or going to watch some golf?
I imagine Laura has developed a lot of mental demons recently, her recent 3 set record has been appalling.

Caro is now at least #9 in the race, Kerber #7, Kvitova #8. Caro could do with winning some matches in Rome, or there is going to be a number of people right on her tail.

I will be disappointed if Vika actually does go Eurovision, I hope it is just media bs (I haven't seen any actual confirmation).
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #366
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

No need to worry about Laura though. She'll be allright. Give her another year or so and by that time she'll be ready to make her move I think.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #367
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will be disappointed if Vika actually does go Eurovision, I hope it is just media bs (I haven't seen any actual confirmation).
Huh? Vika is going to represent Belarus at that Eurovision thing?

Oh well, why not. Considering the usual level of that stuff she might even win it.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #368
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^^
Never mind. I've just noticed that Protoss said she was going to WATCH it. Poor Vika. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #369
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
^^
Never mind. I've just noticed that Protoss said she was going to WATCH it. Poor Vika. I wouldn't wish that upon my worst enemy.
The person who is representing Belarus at Eurovision claims Azarenka and RedFoo are coming to be in their party . I am hoping it's just bs using Azarenka's name for publicity.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #370
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
The person who is representing Belarus at Eurovision claims Azarenka and RedFoo are coming to be in their party . I am hoping it's just bs using Azarenka's name for publicity.
I see. Let's hope that she won't go. But you never know. WTA girls aren't exactly known for their great taste in music.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #371
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Terry Wogan still doing the commentary? I remember how p1ssed at everyone he always was, because Britan would often get 'nil pois', so he trash talked everyone else. A couple of years ago, Britain's contribution was Engelbert Humperdinck

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #372
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Is Terry Wogan still doing the commentary? I remember how p1ssed at everyone he always was, because Britan would often get 'nil pois', so he trash talked everyone else. A couple of years ago, Britain's contribution was Engelbert Humperdinck
I am pretty sure Terry Wogan doesn't do the commentary anymore, I don't know who does though.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #373
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Ah, shame .. I haven't watched it in years. Best of luck to Vika in her new career

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #374
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^ Ah, shame .. I haven't watched it in years. Best of luck to Vika in her new career
Do you think she'll come out undefeated?
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #375
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

The Serena vs. Maria 1st set reminds me of the "Tales from the locker room" cartoon over at GM. Worth checking out. Will Maria make one of her remakable comebacks this time?
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote