Madrid QF: (16)Ana Ivanovic vs (6)Angelique Kerber: Who will reach SF? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will reach SF?

(16)Ana IVANOVIC 71 55.91%
(6)Angelique KERBER 56 44.09%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Evan James

Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute Evan James has a reputation beyond repute
Madrid QF: (16)Ana Ivanovic vs (6)Angelique Kerber: Who will reach SF?

(16) Ana Ivanovic in Madrid:

Round 1: def. Bethanie Mattek Sands 6:7 6:3 6:2
Round 2: def. Chanelle Scheepers 6:2 6:2
Round 3: def. Laura Robson 5:7 6:2 7:6

(6) Angelique Kerber in Madrid:

Round 1: def. Su Wei Hsieh 3:6 6:3 6:2
Round 2: def. Alize Cornet 6:4 6:2
Round 3: def. Svetlana Kuznetsova 3:6 6:4 7:5

Both very good on clay this season. Ana won their meeting in FC few weeks ago and leads 2:0 H2H.
Highest ranking: #1 Current ranking: #11
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey, Birmingham
Evan James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #2
country flag AJDEANA.

AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Madrid QF: (16)Ana Ivanovic vs (6)Angelique Kerber: Who will reach SF?

I would like Ana to win this match. She is capable of, so just stay calm and be focused... But she needs to talk with Nigel about her match against Robson and to change some things before Ajde Ana
AJDEANA. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #3
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute

Ana has a shot
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #4
country flag Proflyer98

Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of Proflyer98 has much to be proud of

Happy with comeback to win match against Robson, however she needs to talk to coach and play with Kerber like she did a couple of weeks ago and she will definitely win something like 7-5 6-3!!!! Ajde Ana!! Idemo napred!!!!!!!
Proflyer98 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #5
country flag Spencer.
JJ and company

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Please Ana... please win...

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #6
country flag Skochko

Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of

Surprised the poll is so one sided, but I picked Ana as well. She usually appears against big-but-not-so-big players. It should be easier to beat Kerber in Madrid, than it is to beat her in Stuttgart, right? I'm expecting something like 64 75.
Skochko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #7
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skochko View Post
Surprised the poll is so one sided, but I picked Ana as well. She usually appears against big-but-not-so-big players. It should be easier to beat Kerber in Madrid, than it is to beat her in Stuttgart, right? I'm expecting something like 64 75.
Tough to say. Kerber is a good indoors players and played a good match in front of her homecrowd, but the faster outside courts combined with altitude should also help Kerber to put more pressure on Ivanovic. It will probably come down to Kerber´s serve and depth in general. If she can get a high 1st serve percentage in and hit the ball deep like she did against Kuznetsova, she can win this. Probably close either way.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #8
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Go Angie, should win this.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #9
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Ana for the scalp. Be afraid Kerber, be very afraid.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #10
country flag Skochko

Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Tough to say. Kerber is a good indoors players and played a good match in front of her homecrowd, but the faster outside courts combined with altitude should also help Kerber to put more pressure on Ivanovic. It will probably come down to Kerber´s serve and depth in general. If she can get a high 1st serve percentage in and hit the ball deep like she did against Kuznetsova, she can win this. Probably close either way.
Definitely. I think the match will depend on Ana a lot, because I don't expect Kerber to under-perform. Ana is going to need her serve so badly in this one. It let her down today.
Skochko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #11
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Ana. Just moonballing Kerber to death.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #12
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

ana in 3
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*)
Results:S: SF AO´13 SF Rome´13 D: F Cincinnati´13
F4CU is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #13
country flag Little Dreamer
テニプリ

Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute Little Dreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber in 3.

I mean...if Ana plays like she has the past few years, a player of Kerber's quality should dispose of her (if she plays peak). Sure it IS clay and Ana is a French Open winner, but

1) Kerber is no slouch on clay. Besides, Kerber prefers the faster surfaces, so Madrid's clay should help her game moreso than usual
2) Ana's ominous form against young Laura Robson. That, and the fact that Ana's best results have come on slow surfaces like the French (slower clay) and the AO...it's easy to see that she's at a slight disadvantage

However, the mental edge goes to Ana because of the H2H and we know both of their games rely on mentality, which is why I am sure Ana will sneak in a set. Still, the edge goes to Kerber here
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #14
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

voted for Ana, maybe in each easy 3 sets

Angie's still not convincing in high percentage 1st serves to get out of tight situations. 2nd serve is still much too vulnerable (Sveta used it a lot).

Stuttgart's conditions are not my first choice here why Ana should prevail.

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #15
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Would love Ana to take this one!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote