Madrid R3: [16] Ana Ivanovic def. Laura Robson 5-7 6-2 7-6 (5) - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #106
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid R3: [16] Ana Ivanovic def. Laura Robson 5-7 6-2 7-6 (5)

Ana is back to 2008 form!
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #107
country flag Skochko

Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of Skochko has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Just.... please...
Skochko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #108
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Laura Fighting to win a match in 3rd set TB just to double fault it away.....

ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #109
country flag AJDEANA.

AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post

HAHA That gif...
Anyway, Ana didn't play her best tennis today. She needs to see what's wrong with Nigel.
AJDEANA. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #110
country flag Utautai

Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute

Laura : 5-2 final set lead?

and if you're still bleeding you're the lucky ones
'cause most of our feelings they are dead and they are gone...
Utautai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #111
country flag AJDEANA.

AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light AJDEANA. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMadoka View Post
Laura : 5-2 final set lead?

YES. Ana came back to 6/5 for her, and lost her service game with 2DF.
AJDEANA. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #112
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Laurilee
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #113
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post

You were saying?
5 fucking years ago. Ana's game isn't suited for clay anymore.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #114
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
5 fucking years ago. Ana no longer has a game suited for clay anyways.
Quote:
Venus Williams isn't anywhere near her prime. Does that mean that having a close match with her on grass isn't still an achievement?
The answer hasn't changed.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #115
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not really. Barely anyone talks about Vesnina's demolition job of her last year

And I guess Dulko's win over Navratilova at Wimbledon is a huge win as well
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #116
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Like both these players. I guess this match symbolize their careers so far. Up and down. (Altough of course Ana at a higher level up and down)

Hope one of them (or both) can show consistency over a longer period of time the next years.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #117
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Laura
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #118
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

Quote:
your answer is terrible. It's funny that you think it has stumped us all though. Fact is, Ana is a shadow of her former self.

With the way she is playing now, she will probably hover between 12th and 18th for the rest of her career unless she picks up her game. (which I hope she does, she is a joy to watch when she is on.)

Anyway, I'll break it down again.

Yes, it is okay to be impressed with Laura for almost beating Ana, considering she is a top 20 player, and it is promising for Laura especially after beating Aga in the previous round.

No, it is not okay to imply that Laura's loss is anything more than that, based solely on results that Ana had 5 years ago.

Anyway, Bradely brought up a good point, with the example you provided, where does that place Vesnina? or Date-Krumm who ALMOST beat Venus the previous year?
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #119
country flag leftbrian

leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future leftbrian has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
I think her problem is she's still stuck in her 2008 form. The rest of the tour (top 10) has passed her since.
leftbrian is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #120
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftbrian View Post
I think her problem is she's still stuck in her 2008 form. The rest of the tour (top 10) has passed her since.
Huh. Are you serious rn. You really think the hot mess that hit 53 errors and 10 DFs today is anything close to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTlXF4Vky78 ? Ana's 2008 form would have her comfortably in the top 10, the problem is it's doubtful she'll ever get that form back. But she definitely is not playing at that level and been "passed" by other players.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote