NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Draws - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #46
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: NCAA Singles & Doubles 2013 Selection

So they both lost zsofi. That is Lauren's only loss. You can compare Sabs LOSSES. . I guess the loss to Boren doesn't count cause she will be in the PAC next year and it is the greatest conference ever assembled.

Good thing for Lauren, she has nothing to prove. She has accomplished plenty and has proven she is as good a dual match player as women's tennis has seen.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #47
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
So they both lost zsofi. That is Lauren's only loss. You can compare Sabs LOSSES. . I guess the loss to Boren doesn't count cause she will be in the PAC next year and it is the greatest conference ever assembled.

Good thing for Lauren, she has nothing to prove. She has accomplished plenty and has proven she is as good a dual match player as women's tennis has seen.
I already posted it

But such one-dimensional analysis is not fun, so added for good measure, Undecided matches

I'm actually looking forward to Kyle vs Lauren matchup. Both are solid servers(Kyle's has more bite), epitome of consistency, and rarely lose 3-setters.

Could be interesting.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #48
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Lauren's results; didn't have that many quality opponents

4/21/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia U 7-6 (1), 5-6 DNF
4/20/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-2, 6-1

4/19/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-2
4/14/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #63 Lauren Mira #19 Vanderbilt University Win 6-2, 6-1
4/12/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #28 Nadia Ravita #48 University of Kentucky U
4/7/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #111 Georgiana Patrasc Mississippi State University U 0-6, 6-4
4/5/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #45 Caroline Rohde-Moe #37 University of Mississippi Win 6-4, 6-0
3/31/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #47 Yang Pang #51 University of Arkansas Win 6-2, 6-1
3/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Kaitlin Burns #66 Louisiana State University U Florida led 6-2, 6-5
3/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #22 Pleun Burgmans #25 Auburn University Win 6-4, 6-3
3/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #34 Mary Anne Macfarlane #9 University of Alabama Win 6-1, 6-3
3/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #24 Brynn Boren #31 University of Tennessee Win 6-3, 6-1
3/15/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #6 Lauren Herring #4 University of Georgia Win 6-4, 4-6, 6-3

3/9/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #109 Katerina Popova #34 University of South Carolina Win 6-0, 6-2
3/6/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Mia Vriens #21 Florida State University Win 6-1, 6-1
3/3/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #4 Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar #3 Texas A&M University Win 6-4, 7-5
3/1/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #84 Cierra Gaytan-Leach #64 Univ. of Missouri, Columbia Win 6-2,6-1
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #13 Nicole Gibbs #12 Stanford U
2/22/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #16 Yana Koroleva #13 Clemson University Win 6-1, 1-6, 7-6(2)
2/18/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #7 Gina Suarez-Malaguti #2 North Carolina Win 6-4, 1-6, 6-2
2/17/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #29 Hanna Mar #15 Duke University U 1-6, 7-6

2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #10 Ema Burgic #20 Baylor University Win 6-4, 6-7 (6), 1-0 (10-7)
1/29/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 Loreta Alonso #62 University of South Florida Win 6-1, 6-1
11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships Round of 16 #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-1, 6-1

Yes, I concur. I would have love to see that Gibbs match completed. We all know that competition on the East Coast is no where near Pac-12. Although Sabs played #2, early part of the year, I think her opponents are much stronger and impressive than who Lauren had to play, giving the edge to Sabs who is the De Facto #1 player. No disrespect to Lauren for winning the matches she should have won. She should be fully rested for next week's competition.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:51 AM   #49
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post

Lauren is a tough competitor, who doesn't quit. I am surprised she hasn't won NCAA singles title, yet. This is her last chance, but I think she would rather 3-peat with the team than win the singles title.
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #50
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute randy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ema leads the pack

Ema Burgic 23 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 23 5 40 8

if the final isn't ema vs Christina..i'll be pretty shocked actually
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #51
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb25 View Post
For me, it's not so much that Hardebeck isn't getting the wins - it's the losses. For someone who was heralded so much and hyped up, getting 9 losses, esp. at the No. 3 spot, is a bit disappointing.

She's a fine player, but definitely not the game changer that everyone was hyping her up to be as. Of course, her record is phenomenal; I think it's all about tempering expectations and hype is all.
This.
She loses to mugs and those losses hurt.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #52
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Krista's losses

4/28/2013 Pac-12 Individual Championships Final #20 Kyle McPhillips #7 UCLA Loss 6-1, 6-0
4/19/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #5 Zsofi Susanyi #8 California Loss 6-4, 6-2
3/30/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #27 Zoe Scandalis #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
2/24/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #51 Alex Cercone #1 University of Florida Loss 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
2/23/2013 Dual Match Pos. #3 #40 Beatrice Gumulya #13 Clemson University Loss 6-3, 6-2
2/16/2013 Dual Match Pos. #1 #23 Jenny Jullien #40 Saint Mary's College of California Loss 7-5, 6-1
2/2/2013 Dual Match Pos. #2 #72 Khunpak Issara #53 Pepperdine Loss 0-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-6)

1/19/2013 Freeman Memorial Semifinals #2 Sabrina Santamaria #5 University of Southern California Loss 6-0, 6-2

11/9/2012 USTA/ITA National Indoor IntercollegiateChampionships Round of 16 #17 Sofie Oyen #1 University of Florida Loss 6-3, 6-4

10/5/2012 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Championships (Main Draw) Quarterfinals #27 Zoe Scandalis #5 University of Southern California Loss 5-7, 6-2, 7-6 (0)

Who are mugs here, cowsonice
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #53
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Lauren is a tough competitor, who doesn't quit. I am surprised she hasn't won NCAA singles title, yet. This is her last chance, but I think she would rather 3-peat with the team than win the singles title.
Let's see who won the NCAA in Lauren's 3 years so far;

Gullickson, Juricova, Gibbs.

Well, Lauren already won a slam, WAATC this season. 2011, she advanced to NCAA semifinal, retired against Stacey.

Dbls, actually her FIRST slam try was the best chance; with Will, they won the 1st set against the TENN duo in the final.

And what does the bolded part mean, you mean she can't win?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #54
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

The wonderful thing is that this all will be decided on the court and not a message board.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #55
country flag fantic

No Miami players? Wagner is the 1st alt. Is Goldfeld still playing?
Januskova didn't make it(playing dbls though).
No CAL, UNC dbls.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #56
country flag fantic

The player to watch;

Pleun Burgmans, Plamena Kurteva Auburn

Pleun is playing BOTH.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 10th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #57
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
The player to watch;

Pleun Burgmans, Plamena Kurteva Auburn

Pleun is playing BOTH.
Geez...got to learn how to pronounce their name first
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #58
country flag fantic

The road to the championship(singles)

2011 WAATC

WILL def. SECERBEGOVIC, BOXX, CAPRA, ANDERSON, CAKO

2011 NIIC

LESNIAK def. SANTAMARIA, EMBREE, BURDETTE, DY, MATHER

2012 NCAA

GIBBS def. FRASER, MATHER, PLUSKOTA, JURICOVA, WILL, BURDETTE

2012 WAATC

EMBREE def. CAKO, JANUSKOVA, BOREN, LAO, ELBABA

2012 NIIC

ANDERSON def. BEAZANT, TURVY, BOREN, SUSANYI, SCHUTTING
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM   #59
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

#10 Ema Burgic out with an ankle injury
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM   #60
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Singles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...es-bracket.pdf

Doubles draw: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...es-bracket.pdf