*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #2071
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Well in the end she would know she wasn't good today and was pretty atrocious when it really mattered in the third. I don't think she gets too caught up about losses anymore which is really good. She shook the umpires hand so I think once she's cooled down she's a lot calmer.

Oh and yeah I doubt she'd go to Eurovision

Old May 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2072
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the fuckery.
I'm sure that 90% of this crap is pure rust. Combine that with her worse surface and how she isn't the most patient creature on the planet and voila.

I guess it's a good thing I'm used to my favorites sucking during the clay season.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #2073
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Patience is not her virtue, yet. If there is a big challenge for her, patience on clay is it. I thought she learnt how to cool her head but I guess the worst surface brought it out. I think she is frustrated with herself, off so many weeks, coming in early to feel the courts and her strokes deserted her and lost her mental balance.

Two things I see, she must learn how to adjust her action-reaction balance. She can't rely on her fast reaction and by taking balls early to draw errors from opponents, on clay everyone is given time to defend and set up shots. She should be more aggressive in power and employing more angular shots. Second, got to learn how to slide to defend better.

Sigh wanted to see her play a few more matches but now not too optimistic in this clay season.
joshum is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2074
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

At work so haven't seen the match but have seen some highlights, sounds like the switch flipped for the first time since Cibulkova at RG? Other matches when she's been playing poorly she's managed to find her 70% game and muddle through.
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #2075
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably the reason why those rumors developed (posted on May 6):
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2076
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

NJ do u have the presser script? Please post it if u have it...

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #2077
country flag Mustafina

Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of Mustafina has much to be proud of

Didn't care for her outfit, attitude and play today.

Seriously Vika, step it up. you're better than this.
Mustafina is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #2078
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Couldnt see the match, likely i will skip the replay as well

Not the end of the world, but i have seen in some other matches she doesnt seem to care that much this year. Yet she find a way to win them. (No idea about today).

I still think she should be able to reach good result even on clay. Hope this was more lack of matches.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #2079
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
That's probably the reason why those rumors developed (posted on May 6):
Maybe someone from Belarus could explain just who this is lol (I get that she's singing at Eurovision). I hope this is rubbish. Vika needs to be in Rome, not Malmo. It seems strange she would commit to an event that she may not have been able to attend.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #2080
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Maybe someone from Belarus could explain just who this is lol (I get that she's singing at Eurovision). I hope this is rubbish. Vika needs to be in Rome, not Malmo. It seems strange she would commit to an event that she may not have been able to attend.
Exactly, Skip Malmö and play Båstad some year in the future instead.

Btw, she didn't seem to upset in the interviews on the wta website, onwards and upwards.

Any signs about the injury in the match today? I much rather take a loss now and that she is healthy for most of the year from now.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #2081
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by garwe View Post
Any signs about the injury in the match today? I much rather take a loss now and that she is healthy for most of the year from now.
No signs of any injury today.
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2082
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
This Eurovision thingy better be bullshit cause if that becomes true I will be even more disappointed with her than I was with her today for that shitty attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
This.
+1. But time to move on, these sort of things happen and it's not always easy to keep temper in the heat of battle. An apology to Mariana Alves would be nice.
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #2083
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Oh, and it's been uploaded now. Watch this

A point penalty was the least she deserved for that ugly-ass chipped return
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #2084
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a couple of news stories about the match.

Victoria Azarenka crashes out to Ekaterina Makarova after row with the umpire at Madrid Open

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...drid-Open.html
Quote:
Azarena, who was coming back from a two-month lay-off forced by an ankle injury, had only just sneaked past Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova in the previous round with the help of two lengthy tie-breaks. After Wednesday’s 1-6, 6-2, 6-3 defeat, she attributed her poor form to ring-rust.

“I think it was really noticeable. I made mistakes that I don’t normally do, but that’s what comes after not playing for a long time,” said. “I still have another tournament before the French Open to compete in, and I’m going to go back on the practice court and work hard to improve.”
Victoria Azarenka loses to Ekaterina Makarova at Madrid Open
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...a-azarenka.ap/
Quote:
Azarenka said she felt confused by some refereeing decisions.
"I didn't understand what happened, what I did,'' she said. "I was very sure that I didn't have a code violation, that's why I broke my racket.''

Makarova rallied from 3-1 down in the third set, winning five straight games.
"We played many times before and I didn't win so much,'' Makarova said. "It was a really tough first set for me. When I came out, I wasn't playing as well as I wanted to. Then I got a little bit angry and it was really tough to change my game and my mentality.'' But she credits recent strong Fed Cup play on clay for helping her win. Makarova and Elena Vesnina won the decisive doubles match last month to lift Russia past Slovakia 3-2 and reach the Fed Cup final in November. "I think that gave me a little bit more confidence on clay,'' she said. "I really enjoy these clay courts because it's a little bit faster here. I just tried to move her around more in the second and third sets and it worked.''

The third-ranked Azarenka tried to explain the loss, while praising Makarova.
"I have to give Ekaterina credit, she played really well,'' Azarenka said. "I played more against myself, trying to prove to myself certain things, more than I was focusing on my opponent.''

Azarenka, who missed Indian Wells and the Miami Open in March because of the ankle injury, said she still felt rusty. She's looking forward to another clay tournament - Rome - before heading to Roland Garros.
"I have been making mistakes,'' she said. "But that's what comes after not playing for a long time. I still have another tournament before the French Open to compete in.''
Exordes is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #2085
country flag ozza

At the end of the day Vika has to be better than that mentally. She shouldn't have let it completely overtake her thoughts. It's not like this was a decision at a point when the match had totally gotten away from her down a set and a break. It was on serve in the 3rd, the match was very much there for the taking, it was not like Makarova really did anything to win, Vika just completely gifted her the match.

At least this part sounds good :- “I still have another tournament before the French Open to compete in, and I’m going to go back on the practice court and work hard to improve.”
Closed Thread