Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #166
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Looking at the positives, Laura's proved that when she's on she can demolish anyone off the ground, and she's moving a lot better.

She REALLY needs to fix that serve, #1 priority. It should be a huge - Davenport-like - weapon for her, but instead it's a massive hindrance.

Onwards and upwards though, she had her chances and she knows it. Hopefully it'll inspire her to work harder!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #167
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Wow Kotre ebing uncharacteristically positive! But it is a good point..if even a week ago you had said she would win back to back matches for the first time since Jan, beat the world #4 in straights and take a former RG champion to a TB third set on clay at a premier mandatory I think you would have been laughed at

So it has been a good week, her best since the Aus. Just hard to take cos she was sooo close to that precious seeding.

I know the serving was dire from both but I actually thought the rest of the tennis was a high standard! Some really good rallies...GM obviously disagrees with me tho

Other positives, much better movement by Laura!!! Got things back she hasn't been getting and on several occasions hit some good defensive shots that Ana then missed on. I thought her attitude was pretty good, just hope she isn't hit too hard by the nature of this loss.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #168
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Look at it this way, Laura was in a position to throw the match away. Two weeks ago, would you have seen that coming? No, because she wouldn't have gotten to the third round. This shit was ugly, she lost, but fuck it! I enjoyed the match and she's improved enough to make me think that I might get to keep my name in November.
True. I'm pleased with her game.

It's just for me personally, it's hard to swallow this defeat. I'll get over it soon enough.

I really, really hope she keeps this form.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #169
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Wow Kotre ebing uncharacteristically positive! But it is a good point..if even a week ago you had said she would win back to back matches for the first time since Jan, beat the world #4 in straights and take a former RG champion to a TB third set on clay at a premier mandatory I think you would have been laughed at

So it has been a good week, her best since the Aus. Just hard to take cos she was sooo close to that precious seeding.

I know the serving was dire from both but I actually thought the rest of the tennis was a high standard! Some really good rallies...GM obviously disagrees with me tho

Other positives, much better movement by Laura!!! Got things back she hasn't been getting and on several occasions hit some good defensive shots that Ana then missed on. I thought her attitude was pretty good, just hope she isn't hit too hard by the nature of this loss.
Idiots. They're saying how amazing Ana played etc. When that match was SO in Laura's hands. (3rd set) She was on her way to that QF. Ana was so out of the picture. Until Laura's choke.

As I said, I'm so proud of her. So proud.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #170

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
True. I'm pleased with her game.

It's just for me personally, it's hard to swallow this defeat. I'll get over it soon enough.

I really, really hope she keeps this form.
I know what you mean, I was soo down and annoyed when she lost, just so depressing. It'll take me like a day or so to get over...trying to concentrate on the positives! My gf never gets why I get so down about tennis Just such a tough way to lose...

Nice to see Lisa in the her box.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #171
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
I can be positive when I want to be. I think Laura deserved praise today. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Quote:
Laura's serve has always been overrated. Yes, it's a big leftie serve but it's her groundstrokes that make her devastating. Especially on slower courts, where fewer points can be won off the serve anyway.

Quote:
I think she'll be annoyed that she lost the match, but at the same time it's not a 6-1 loss in the third set and she did that on her own, which should build some confidence.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #172
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

I often find a loss like this so much harder to get over. Ones where I felt my favourite was in a position and should have won, but at least she didn't tank a third set again, so that is a positive.

Winning two matches at Rome will be a hard task. A smaller draw so she will meet top player in first/second round. Finger crossed for a kind draw.
Evans. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #173
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

Oh and I don't think it was a great quality match from either, but there were some really nice rallies scattered throughout. She played a better match against Aga.
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #174
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

It's so much easier to see the positives now that the dust has settled. And it appears as if Laura feels the same way:

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #175
country flag Evans.

Krajan has come out and said that Laura 'lacks maturity' and seems to suggest she only works hard at the big tournaments.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #176
country flag Evans.

Krajan told The Times: "The mentality is different. I did expect more from Laura but when it doesn't go that way any more it is not the time to stay.

"She was not mature enough to do this kind of work enough times for me. She needed to be more serious and to commit herself more.

"She had to do this every day, not only in the big tournaments."

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #177
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Krajan has come out and said that Laura 'lacks maturity' and seems to suggest she only works hard at the big tournaments.

Cee Lo pretty much sums up my thoughts about Zelko. Good thing they split after a fairly short time.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #178
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Doha, Indian Wells and Miami weren't big tournaments then, Zelko?

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #179
country flag Internova

Internova has disabled reputation

Now she knows why Dominika also split with him...

Laura's most recent instapic is probably for Zejko :P
Internova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
I guess Doha, Indian Wells and Miami weren't big tournaments then, Zelko?
I love how I get a feeling of seething hate whenever I read one of your posts about Krajan I was never convinced by him, but you reallyyyy disliked him didn't you?

On another note, can't wait to see what the Rome draw throws up. Also interesting to see Ana cruised past Kerber today in straights, clearly in good clay form. Be interesting to see how she does against Maria.