Tennis Forum banner

MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

67K views 1K replies 79 participants last post by  heelsrule1988 
#1 · (Edited)
I see nobody has bothered to open a thread for this yet... :spit:

Title suggestions more than welcome...if you care for this tournament.

Good Luck Masha. :cheer:

#496 ·
i watched her match and fall a sleep after, thank God she put GOAT clay mode on and finish that fast :worship::worship:

now if she doesn't win that crappy tournament i will shoot myself in both knees :hysteric:

lisicki won't be a problem for her on clay, she was showing quite nice movement yesterday, she even had a time to try some drop shots, BH slices, sliding a lot to FH side, well it was nice sparing douel :tape::tape:

onto next, good luck tomorrow, and i wanna see kvitova - maria QF :rocker2::rocker2:

#500 ·
Generally if the big servers and ballbashers meet Martha when their games come together, she's going to have a tough one. But she's shown to be able to weather those storms fairly well, especially on clay. So I'll not worry too much.

OTOH I'm so disturbed by those flukey arguments in GM to defend Vika's antics that for the first time I feel like arguing in that cesspool :eek:

#514 ·
Death at people calling Djokovic classless and defending Vika :facepalm:
I'm not so interested in who's classy and who's not. I'm ok with players showing some emotion, be it positive or negative emotion, be it happiness or anger. No problem for me. Besides, GMers should be the last people to talk about such things and point an accusing finger at anyone. :lol:

But be that as it may - people often say what a great competitor Vika is. To be fair to the girl - yes, she is, when a) she's confident because she's on her game, and b) when she's up against another big name like Serena, Maria, Li or Petra and she knows beforehand that she's going to get a tough match. But when she's not on her game and she's up against a lower ranked player that she expects to beat in no time, and things don't go her way she gets frustrated and panics quite easily. And Vika is no Connors, McEnroe or Serena. She doesn't play better when frustrated - she plays worse. This is a big difference with someone like Maria. No matter who she's up against, scrub or all time great - no matter what the score is, Maria always keeps giving it her all and each point is like a match point to her. Doesn't matter if she's 6-0/4-0 in front or 0-6/0-4 behind.

#524 ·
It's hard to believe one random early round loss by Azarenka can generate over 500 responses already in a thread. Nothing stirs emotions on a tennis board more than a Maria, Serena, or Vika loss. It creates a feeding frenzy of gloaters and defenders and a few voices of reason who get drowned out. A lot of righteous indignation, a lot hypocrisy, a lot of hilarity, a lot of vulgarity, a lot of petty insults, and a few good points that get made that are mixed into the mess.

Venting is a good way to release pent up frustration and emotions from time to time. But some of these threads on GM take it to a new level.

#527 ·
I think it's a waste of time really. It's hard to understand why people spend so much time at a place that makes them so unhappy. But I do admit that it can be addictive. I've also had periods when I wasted my life away in frustration at GM. But I'm always happier when I just stay away from there or don't click on any threads that I know will be full of :haha: :happy: :hah: :oh: type of posts.

#526 ·
Maria into Madrid R3 ! :cheer:

Head To Head vs Lisicki is 4-1. Maria should win again. This is not grass and not Wimbledon. It will be their first meeting on clay, interesting. Lisicki loves playing the Top players. And Maria seems to bring out the best in her. An upset would be shocking though. I trust in Maria.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.