» Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #136
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: » Off Topic - Mona fans chat thread » Auf geht`s BVB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Do you think BvB will win it ?
I hope so, but with the Götze-story and in his injury Bayern has become even more the favorite to me in this one.
BVB played without Götze the complete second half of last season and it was their best second leg they had ever played to become national champion and they won the german cup afterwards against Bayern.

It will be anyway more difficult for BVB to win this time because Bayern improved a lot this season, especially due to their new signings (Dante, Martinez, Mandzukic).

In general i think in such a big final the chances are always even.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #137
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you think BvB will win it ?
I hope so, but with the Götze-story and in his injury Bayern has become even more the favorite to me in this one.
TBH, I think Bayern will win 2-1. They are the clear favorites in the final and they look stronger but BVB certainly has a chance. If there is a team who can beat them, it's BVB. I'd say it's 60-40 in Bayerns favour.

The underdog will be BVB and that might be a good thing for them actually. The pressure will be heavier on Bayern in the final.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #138
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyla. View Post
Both choked tbh. Nastia had SPs in both sets.
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #139
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
TBH, I think Bayern will win 2-1. They are the clear favorites in the final and they look stronger but BVB certainly has a chance. If there is a team who can beat them, it's BVB. I'd say it's 60-40 in Bayerns favour.

The underdog will be BVB and that might be a good thing for them actually. The pressure will be heavier on Bayern in the final.
...as they have already lost the finals in 2010 and 2012. It will be interesting to see how the Bayern players will handle this pressure when things don't go their way during the first 60 minutes of the final. Last time against Chelsea they got tight, especially in front of the goal.
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #140
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
The opinions about Sammer's role at the german football association and his influence on the youth developing system are highly didvided. The DFB started to create the talent development process after the disaster of the Euro 2000 and that was 4 years before they signed him as sports director. So his influence might not have been as big as he believes himself.
I don`t know what he exactly did or not and how much he was involved in this process. I was just refering on the article you posted.
What I know is that he was always quite successful in what he did or when he was involved and that not because he`s simply a hanger-on. He wasn`t as a player and later on I guess he was not as well.
As you I personally don`t like his talks, but in the whole I would give him some more credit as you do.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #141
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I watched some video of Reus in Borussia Mönchengladbach. He was scoring so many impressive goals in his pervious team and it looks to me that he was playing more freely in Borussia Mönchengladbach. I don't know. Was he playing a second striker in Borussia Mönchengladbach? His postion in Borussia Mönchengladbach isn't the same postion he is playing at in BVB, right? He is a winger as far as I know but he certainly could play as a 2nd striker.

Last edited by Setsuna. : May 6th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #142
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

He is both I guess. A winger and 2nd striker.

Old May 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #143
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
I don`t know what he exactly did or not and how much he was involved in this process. I was just refering on the article you posted.
What I know is that he was always quite successful in what he did or when he was involved and that not because he`s simply a hanger-on. He wasn`t as a player and later on I guess he was not as well.
As you I personally don`t like his talks, but in the whole I would give him some more credit as you do.
I give him all the credit for having been one of the most important footballers who ever played for BVB, but as for his role as a sports director not so much, i have to admit.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #144
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
I watched some video of Reus in Borussia Mönchengladbach. He was scoring so many impressive goals in his pervious team and it looks to me that he was playing more freely in Borussia Mönchengladbach. I don't know. Was he playing a second striker in Borussia Mönchengladbach? His postion in Borussia Mönchengladbach isn't the same postion he is playing at in BVB, right? He is a winger as far as I know but he certainly could play as a 2nd striker.
Yes, he was the second striker in Mönchengladbach, as they played with a 4-4-2 system with two strikers. In Dortmund he mostly plays in the left attacking midfield. But he can also play in the middle and on the right. He is able to play any position in the offensive area.
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #145
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
BVB played without Götze the complete second half of last season and it was their best second leg they had ever played to become national champion and they won the german cup afterwards against Bayern.

It will be anyway more difficult for BVB to win this time because Bayern improved a lot this season, especially due to their new signings (Dante, Martinez, Mandzukic).

In general i think in such a big final the chances are always even.
Bayern has become a very compact and harmonic team in defense and offense and that`s of course also because of the new signings you mentioned. Heynckes did a great job here. Even a pretty limited player like van Buyten looks good and maximizes his abilities in his system.
You can`t compare them to last year. They`re not just full of their "mia san mia" confidence but have grown and are really strong as a team now. Tbh, I can`t imagine that they get shaky in the final.

Götze actually is the most creative player of Dortmund and can bring on something special to crack up the strong defense of Bayern. He could be the key player as he was in several matches between the teams in the last 2 seasons.
So I hope he will be fit and motivated.

However, as you say it`s a final and just one match, and of course a lot of things can happen.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #146
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

How serious Götze's injury btw? Is he fine now?

Old May 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #147
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
How serious Götze's injury btw? Is he fine now?
He is suffering from a torn muscle fiber in his left thigh. Normally it takes three up to five weeks to recover. No matter if he will be ready to play or not, i don't think we will see a fully fit Götze in the final.

Last edited by Tecumseh : May 7th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #148
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Bayern has become a very compact and harmonic team in defense and offense and that`s of course also because of the new signings you mentioned. Heynckes did a great job here. Even a pretty limited player like van Buyten looks good and maximizes his abilities in his system.
You can`t compare them to last year. They`re not just full of their "mia san mia" confidence but have grown and are really strong as a team now. Tbh, I can`t imagine that they get shaky in the final.

Götze actually is the most creative player of Dortmund and can bring on something special to crack up the strong defense of Bayern. He could be the key player as he was in several matches between the teams in the last 2 seasons.
So I hope he will be fit and motivated.

However, as you say it`s a final and just one match, and of course a lot of things can happen.
This is the best Bayern side i have ever seen, maybe even better than their side of the 70s with Franz Beckenbauer and Gerd Müller. Even if Bayern had played with their bench this year, they still would have easily become third in the national championship. So they are looking very scary right now and on paper they are maybe a 70/30-favorite (like against Chelsea last year ). But the reality of a big final is different and as i already mentioned the chances are even IMO.
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #149
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you confident that your team will win the final?
Bayern are the fav. in 90 minutes a lot of things can happen. Dortmund with nothing to lose. In all finals played Europa Cup included. Bayern managed 4 wins. From all of this 4 wins they were the fav. to win the final. Then lost 3 times as the fav. don't remind me of last season. Before they lost to Aston Villa/Porto in the Europa Cup then. The omen's are slighty on Bayern to win. Yes, they managed to win the CL. once. Am still disappointed with this, cause of their great consistency. We all know about 1999 vs. Man Utd, small consolation Bayern weren't exactly fav. of course terrible to lose in such a way. Against Inter in the CL. I'd say to make CL. final was rather a success.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #150
country flag Tecumseh

Slava won a close match yesterday.

Petra