~Ana's articles~ - Page 270 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4036
country flag Iva87

Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...ness-interview

Quote:
Women's Fitness interview

What are your tops tips for amateur/weekend tennis players?
The most important thing is to enjoy it. Obviously I am very lucky to be playing tennis professionally, so I take it very seriously, but I also enjoy it very much: just hitting the ball over the net, competing, it’s a lot of fun. So I always tell people to make sure they enjoy themselves on the court.

If you’re at a reasonably high level, it definitely helps to spend time away from the court, working on your fitness. There are many exercises you can do that are specific to tennis, to increase your upper body strength, especially in your shoulders. Then you can do some stair climbs, or hill running, to improve your endurance and leg strength. All of this will help you in matches.

What would you say to encourage more people to get into the sport?
I would encourage people to try tennis because it has many benefits. Obviously there’s the benefit to your health and fitness, then it also teaches you about discipline and hard work – you will see your hard work rewarded.

Doubles teaches you about teamwork, and so does being part of any tennis team. At club level it’s also very social, and anyone can play, so it’s quite an open sport.

What’s your favourite thing about tennis?
What I enjoy more than anything is competing on the court. I love it the same way I did when I was a kid.
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #4037
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...fine-interview

Ana recently gave a short interview to Wine & Fine about what she likes to see and do when she's in Belgrade. The following is a translated transcript of the interview:

Quote:
Being in which part of the city makes you feels special?
I grew up in New Belgrade and for me walking along the Danube river is always something special. Depending of the time of a day, you can find there some quiet places next to the river, places to go for a run or bike ride, but also many nice restaurants always full of people, ideal for cheerful moments with friends.

What do enjoy doing in Belgrade and what are you proud of?

In Belgrade people enjoy gathering with friends and they are always up for some fun! Afternoon coffee is a must and if you have it with friends in one of your favourite restaurants or cofee shops, even better. I am proud of our traditional hospitality and easy-going and open mentality.

What Belgrade events inspire you?
If I am in Belgrade at the time of the Book Fair or "Night of Museums" I will certainly go there and enjoy it very much. Beside the usual offerings, those events always bring interesting and unique happenings.

Best of the best? (club, restaurant, disco or place of your choice...)
Belgrade has many excellent restaurants and clubs. As I am not often in Belgrade, my friends often make a surprise for me and take me to some new place where we can listen to good music and have fun.

Wine & Me (favourite type, producer)

Shiraz from Barossa Valley, Australia
Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #4038
country flag WonderFan

WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute WonderFan has a reputation beyond repute

... bleh... just cut out coffee...
WonderFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #4039
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

At the top Ana telling people to build muscle and endurance
Hypocrite
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #4040
country flag Iva87

Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold Iva87 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.madrid-open.com/en/notici...las-de-arriba/

Quote:
Ivanovic: ‘I feel closer to the top players’
07 May 2013

The Serbian player appears to be returning to her best on the clay, as she showed in her first round clash against Bettanie Mattek-Sands at the Mutua Madrid Open. Before her second round match against Chanelle Scheepers, Ivanovic spoke to the tournament’s official website about how things are going.

Congratulations on your first round win. You had a very tough first set against Bethanie Mattek-Sands and then, what a great comeback. How did you feel on the court?

Yeah, it was a very close first set, I was very happy to stay calm and composed after losing 12 – 10 in the tie break. So to come back was a really big effort for me especially as she’s been playing great this week and last week she made the semis, so it was a tough match but I’m really happy to still be here and to survive.

There was the possibility of an all-Serbian second round match against Jelena Jankovic once again in Madrid, but she was eliminated by Chanelle Scheepers. What do you expect of this match?

It’s going to be a very tough match I’ve known Scheepers for a long time and she’s a very nice girl and she’s been playing some really good tennis, she loves clay, she doesn’t miss much. But I’m going to chat to my coach, he’s been watching her a bit, I played at the same time so I couldn’t see any but it’s going to be a very tough match.

You’re having a very good season on clay with five wins and only one defeat this year. Are you getting more comfortable on clay again?

I love playing on clay, I grew up on it, I won the French Open so it’s my favourite surface, it’s fun to play on and it’s fun to be back on it, so I think that shows and I’m enjoying the game and the tennis again.

Your only defeat on clay this year was in a fantastic match against Maria Sharapova in Stuttgart. Do you feel you are getting closer to the top players?

Yeah, definitely, I really felt like I had lots of chances in that match that I didn’t take, but it’s a question of showing it week to week and just trying to be consistent and trying to challenge these players week in, week out.

What are your goals for this Mutua Madrid Open?

Well, like I said it’s about maintaining the same level and trying to challenge the top players. I really want to take it one step at a time but I really hope I can stay here longer and have a couple of good wins.

You were on a Spanish TV show a few days ago. How was the experience?

Yeah it was lots of fun actually, especially being with Novak. It’s always entertaining and we had some really fun experiences and I hope people can see it soon and have a laugh like we did.
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #4041
country flag Iva87

http://www.puntodebreak.com/2013/05/...medium=twitter

Quote:
Ana Ivanovic vuelve muy en serio

11/05/2013

Hace meses que caracteriza a la WTA una regularidad inusitada otrora. A esa regularidad contribuye la nueva visión más profesional que nunca de Serena Williams, la recuperación definitiva de Maria Sharapova y la aparición confirmada de Victoria Azarenka; que se añaden a la calidad subsistente de Agnieszka Radwanska, las apariciones enérgicas de Na Li, la frecuente fortaleza de Angelique Kerber y el acérrimo coraje de Sara Errani. Toda esa regularidad que está permitiendo distanciarse al top3 de la WTA como no se veía hace más de un lustro y al top8 con diferencias abismales, está llevando a que el nivel de juego de Ana Ivanovic no se plasme con tanta claridad como lo podría haber hecho en el pasado. Sin embargo, su nivel actual bien merece varios artículos.

Ana Ivanovic tiene una historia peculiar. Brilló y se apagó, lució y se oscureció, la serbia terminó el 2007 y arrancó el 2008 con un color especial. Así lo prueba su final del Open de Australia de 2008 y el magnífico título de Roland Garros alcanzado en ese mismo año. Sin embargo, desde entonces, se hundió estrepitosamente. Por su belleza, su logro en Paris y el #1, Ivanovic se convirtió pronto en un mito del tenis femenino. Un mito al que se le cuestionaba tras cada partido, un mito al que alcanzado el #1 y ganado un Grand Slam ya cualquier resultado le supondría restar o empatar, nunca sumar.

Le preguntamos hace un par de meses, en una entrevista exclusiva con Punto de Break, a Ana que por qué cree que le ocurrió eso, “fue una combinación de distintos factores. Quizás todo el éxito que logré, como alcanzar el número 1 del mundo, llegó demasiado pronto y no estaba preparada para ello. A esto habría que añadir que he tenido que soportar muchas pequeñas dificultades físicas, lo que afectó mucho a mi confianza. Entonces sentía que iba de un disgusto a otro, sin que la mala racha llegara nunca a su fin”, nos respondió. Y concluyó reflexiva que “ahora con tiempo, mirando hacia atrás, quizás tendría que haberme tomado un pequeño parón, y haber vuelto a empezar de nuevo. Lo intenté a través de muchos métodos diferentes de entrenamiento y demás, todo para encontrar mi mejor forma, esa que me llevó a ser número 1. Al final, eso me saturó de entrenamientos y creó una presión sobre mí misma que me causó mucho estrés y no ayudó".

En aquella misma entrevista Ana nos confesó que el objetivo para el 2013 era ser top10 y aspirar, en lo posible, a colocarse entre las 8 mejores tenistas de la temporada para así acceder al WTA Championships de 2013 en Estambul. Sin duda, las últimas semanas son dignas de una top8; no así el resto de su temporada. La tierra batida está siendo una gran aliada para la tenista serbia; en ella una temporada que parecía más gris que nunca, comenzó a colorearse con una eliminatoria de Copa Federación brillante en lo que a ella respecta (ganando a Kerber y Barthel, en su propia casa), unos cuartos de final espectaculares en Stuttgart (donde tuvo contra la cuerdas a Maria Sharapova) y ahora unas semifinales en Madrid (dejando por el camino con grandes partidos a jugadoras como Mattek-Sands, Laura Robson o Angy Kerber).

Va a subir en la race. Aún queda lejos ese objetivo de estar entre el big8, pero se acerca de forma más que interesante. Todavía colocarse entre las 8 primeras del mundo estará a aproximadamente 500 puntos, pero visto el nivel de Ivanovic las últimas semanas, nadie puede descartar a la de Belgrado para ser una sorpresa positiva en Roma y Roland Garros.

“Me he sentido muy bien en pista, muy cómoda con mi juego y muy tranquila de cabeza. Lo cierto es que llevada sin tener estas sensaciones sobre tierra batida desde el año 2008”, confirmó en Stuttgart ante la sorpresa de los periodistas allí desplazados. Que Ivanovic hable de recuperar las sensaciones que le llevaron a la cima de la clasificación a reemplazar como campeona de Roland Garros a Justine Henin, son palabras mayores.

Sin duda, esto genera ilusiones y expectativas. De hecho, llegué a Madrid para seguir in situ el Mutua Madrid Open, y uno de los nombres que tenía en mente para observar con detenimiento y curiosidad era el de Ivanovic. El primer entrenamiento que pude presenciar me dejó literalmente sin palabras. Había podido ver otros cuantos antes, pero el de Ana fue de largo el más intenso y exigente. Primero con su preparador físico, Branko Penic, después junto a Wozniacki peloteando, para después seguir hasta cumplir casi 3 horas en pista de duro entreno. Nadie en toda la semana ha entrado tal cantidad de horas en pista en ningún momento. Su confianza en Nigel Sears, su coach desde Wimbledon 2011, va en aumento; y el crecimiento en los aspectos mentales, no cesa las últimas semanas.

Muy centrada, pudo resolver un partido trampa, de aquellos que los desconocidos del tenis no aprecian, pero que los que lo seguimos habitualmente valoramos. Ante una Mattek-Sands acertadísima, con el Stadium 3 de la Caja Mágica a reventar, Ana pudo resolver un encuentro que hace unas pocas semanas se la habría escapado con seguridad. Luego fue Scheepers, a la que arrolló. Más tarde la remontada dramática ante Robson, con más corazón que tenis. Y por último, una victoria radiante ante Angelique Kerber, que venía jugando un gran tenis (especialmente en su partido previo ante Kuznetsova).

Esta positiva semana en Madrid, que se añade a la de Stuttgart (tanto en Fed Cup como en el WTA Premier), es clave porque prolonga la buena línea de Ana. La siguiente cita es Roma. Allí, así es el tenis, volverá a ponerse a prueba su gran estado de forma; pero creo que cabe ser optimista. Relajada y confiada, le falta dar el paso ante las grandes (como ante Sharapova, su verdugo las dos últimas semanas), de las que no tiene tanta distancia en juego como en confianza y puntos. A las grandes tenistas sólo se les gana con valentía, coraje, trabajo y constancia. Perder ante las mejores es una buena noticia para Ana, aunque en Madrid desde luego su semifinal fue francamente decepcionante. Estos nervios de las aspirantes y esta seguridad de las top3, en los Grand Slams se diluyen y tornan en nervios para las ‘favoritas’ y esperanzas para las aspirantes. Por tanto, que nadie pierda de vista a Ivanovic en París; ya se lo aviso, por segunda vez en apenas un par de semanas.

Al borde de las cabezas de serie de Madrid, Ivanovic se ha quedado cerca de casi salir del top20, pero mañana saldrá de nuevo en el #13 y mucho más cerca del top10 que antes. Si su nombre se suma a la disputa por coronar la gira de arcilla, la competición tornará aún más emocionante; con el grado justo entre favoritas y grandes aspirantes. Tras más de cuatro años meritorios pero simples, en los que no se colocó entre las cuartofinalistas de ningún Grand Slam (sus últimos QF fueron en Roland Garros 2008, torneo que ganó, hasta que alcanzó la antepenúltima ronda en el US Open de 2012), parece que al fin se puede volver a soñar (un poquito) con Ana Ivanovic.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #4042
country flag Iva87

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...zine-interview

Quote:
Jumeirah Magazine interview

Ana is featured in the new issue of Jumeirah Magazine, which is published by an affiliate of her sponsor, Dubai Duty Free.

The following is a transcript of the interview:

Can you begin by telling us about your journey into tennis?

It all started just before my fifth birthday – I remember being at home in Belgrade and watching tennis on the TV. It was Monica Seles playing and I was fascinated by this new activity I was watching for the first time; it looked like so much fun. They showed a commercial for a tennis club and I wrote down the number and kept asking my mum to take me there. After about a month of me asking, I had my first tennis lesson and I instantly fell in love with the game. I remember my father handing me my first tennis racket for my fifth birthday. It is one of the happiest memories of my life.

When did your professional breakthrough happen?
In 2004, when I was 16 I had a very good season on the ITF circuit (one level below the WTA Tour) – I was undefeated. Then at the end of the season I qualified for the Zurich Open, which was my home tournament in many ways. I came back from 5-1 down against Golovin in the first round, then I lost 7-6, 7-6 to Venus Williams in the next round. I missed so many set points! I think it was 11 or something like that. Going so close against such a great champion as Venus gave me confidence for the future. Yeah, I think this tournament was kind of my breakthrough, and I played in my first Grand Slam at the Australian Open just a few months later.

Every tennis player develops his or her own style. What’s yours?

I have an aggressive game. I like to dominate, especially with my forehand, and step into the court. I like to dictate the points

Your serve has been described as ‘a very powerful weapon’. How would you describe it?

Thanks. For sure it can be a great weapon for me when it’s working. I am trying to improve my consistency on the serve and I think it’s got better.

Catching opponents off guard: what’s your trick?

I enjoy coming to the net – not many girls do it these days, so I guess it can be a surprise to the opponent. Drop shots can also catch an opponent off guard but overall I like to win points with power and accuracy.

Do you think your playing style relies a lot on physicality, or do emotions play a part too?
We’re girls, we’re emotional! For sure emotions play a part – both good and bad. When you are down, you can go into a zone of total determination and your emotions help you. On the other hand, nerves can play a part too. I think the guys are less emotional than the girls, both on and off the court.

Tennis is a demanding sport – various venues, differing climates and year-long participation. How do you stay on form?
It can be difficult, and the season is long, with not many chances to be at home, or visit your family. But together with my team I make a plan that is all about balance: between competing, training and resting. I am fortunate to work with some great professionals who give me a lot of support and assistance.

Regarding the tournament schedule and training, we always try to peak at the Grand Slams, so we choose events according to this goal. For example, I try not to play the week before a Grand Slam, so I can practise instead.

In the past, sport commentators have discussed your nerves on the court. How do you control these before and during a game?
Coming from Serbia I think emotions are in my blood. I admire so much Federer, Nadal and Novak Djokovic – they all do a great job of controlling their emotions and focusing on each point. This is something I am still working on and it’s true that I can improve in this area. At the same time, my emotions have helped me get through some tough matches through the years.

Where do you feel most confident – clay, grass or hard court?
I like all surfaces but clay would be my preference. That’s the surface I won the French Open on and I kind of grew up playing on clay.

Can you talk me through your wins and how it felt? Similarly, how long does it take you to recover from a tough loss?
My favourite thing about being a tennis player is competing on the court, so to win is what it’s all about – it makes all the hours of hard work worth it. Losing is part of the game too – even the best players in the world usually lose more than 10 matches a year. Some losses are more difficult to take than others: sometimes I do cry in the locker room after a defeat - it’s just a release of emotions. I try to learn something from each loss and to become a better player because of it. I actually learn more from losses than defeats, and I discuss each with my coach.

Of all the grand slams and tournaments, which is the most competitive for you and why?

The French Open. That’s the Grand Slam I won, and it’s also where I reached my first Grand Slam quarter-final and first Grand Slam Final. It will always be a very special place for me, and I love Paris as a city too.

Of the female players, who poses the biggest challenge for you?

Serena Williams is the best player in the world these days and she is definitely the toughest opponent. She hits the ball extremely hard and is a great athlete. Her serve is amazing too. It’s unbelievable what she is doing, even after turning 30.

What’s the best thing about participating in the Grand Slam series?
I love the excitement of the Grand Slams. The WTA events are great too, but there is nothing like a two-week Grand Slam event – it’s special because you have all of the world’s best players there and there are only four chances a year to play in them. I enjoy the rhythm you get into as well: you play your match then have a rest day, where you practise and do recovery work.

Are you ready for Wimbledon?
It’s not my focus at the moment because we have the French Open before then, but I always enjoy playing on grass and Wimbledon is such a special and unique event. Off the court, it’s the only tournament where we stay in houses instead of hotels and that makes a nice change – being able to cook for yourself and having your family around you. You can also walk to the courts, which is very convenient.

What are your thoughts on the Dubai tournament?
I always enjoy playing the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. It’s a great event and very well run. It’s obvious how much it means to the players, when you see how strong the field is each year. Considering that it’s all top players and it’s just one week long, I would say that it’s one of the toughest tournaments to win. That’s one of my goals for the future.

Who makes up your team behind the scenes?
I have my coaching staff: my coach, physio and hitting partner. I also work with a fitness trainer on a part-time basis – more aware from tournaments, when I am in a training block.

Then I have my management, who take care of my business affairs, advise me on many issues and help with my schedule off the court. They do a great job.

My family play an important role in my career too: they are for sure my biggest supporters. My parents will get up to watch my matches no matter what the time. I played in the Monterrey Open in Mexico earlier this year and they messaged me right after the match – they had been watching at 4am!

Your tennis match toolkit? And how sensitive are you to the equipment you use?
It’s very important that you can trust your equipment – it’s difficult enough to win matches without having to worry about that. Fortunately I have great sponsors in tennis – adidas and Yonex – who work very closely with me to make sure that I am comfortable with my rackets and clothing.

My coach helps me with stringing for new rackets: at all tournaments there is a stringing room, that looks almost like a factory, where guys string all the players’ rackets, using the string you give them and whatever tension you ask for.

If you weren’t playing tennis what would you be doing?

It’s very hard to say. I love psychology so maybe something related to this area, or maybe even languages, which I also love.

Does tennis get in the way of your private life?
I think I have everything in good balance. There is time for relationships even when you’re travelling – obviously trust is a big factor.

I am recognised often in some countries, especially when I am there for a tournament, and that sometimes means people asking for photos and autographs but that’s part of the job I enjoy – it’s an honour.

Off court, how do you wind down?
I like simple things like watching DVDs, listening to music and most of all, reading. I always have at least a couple of books with me. I read a lot of modern fiction. My favourite book of them all has to be The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I also enjoy Paulo Coelho’s books.

My favourite thing to do during the off-season is to stay home and enjoy a nice dinner with my family. It may not sound very exciting but I don’t get to do it often, so it’s a real treat.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #4043
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

I love the interview, mature, realistic and nice Ana. We all like to see that. I don't like the part about girls and emotions. While it could be the true, it's the wrong way of thinking. I'm sure that Serena, Masha and Vika don't feel like that. A truly big player will never think that a gender plays a big role when it comes to mental toughness. It's like a poor excuse.
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4044
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your serve has been described as ‘a very powerful weapon’
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #4045
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos07 View Post
Her answer was OK, really. I agree with her.
Old May 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #4046
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do you stay on form?
Regarding the tournament schedule and training, we always try to peak at the Grand Slams, so we choose events according to this goal. For example, I try not to play the week before a Grand Slam, so I can practise instead.
Quote:
Where do you feel most confident – clay, grass or hard court?
I like all surfaces but clay would be my preference. That’s the surface I won the French Open on and I kind of grew up playing on clay.
Quote:
Of all the grand slams and tournaments, which is the most competitive for you and why?
The French Open. That’s the Grand Slam I won, and it’s also where I reached my first Grand Slam quarter-final and first Grand Slam Final. It will always be a very special place for me, and I love Paris as a city too.
So if You don't believe me, You must to believe in this Ana's confession between lines - and from Yours good results expectations list scratch off Rome tournament once forever! That 2010 exception is easy to explain - that season Rome Open is played week BEFORE Madrid! Ana is professional player about 10 years already, and don't expect of hers to experimenting and to change hers long term habits and preparations strategy overnight. She don't want to be busy last two weeks before GS. Maybe sometime in future she will make exception in Australia because its start of season and needs any matches, or before Wimbledon because she have just two weeks overall to prepare herself on grass, or before USO because tournament destined to be hers major warm-up event for USO she blacklisted with reason (Rogers Cup), so she will be forced to play next week Cincinnati (just two weeks before New York) more seriously than she wanted... but she will never take seriously Rome, which is two weeks before hers most important tournament! So Ulla Radwanska deserve big credit for managing to lose whole set against player which come there just for hour and half practice session.

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #4047
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
So if You don't believe me, You must to believe in this Ana's confession between lines - and from Yours good results expectations list scratch off Rome tournament once forever! That 2010 exception is easy to explain - that season Rome Open is played week BEFORE Madrid! Ana is professional player about 10 years already, and don't expect of hers to experimenting and to change hers long term habits and preparations strategy overnight. She don't want to be busy last two weeks before GS. Maybe sometime in future she will make exception in Australia because its start of season and needs any matches, or before Wimbledon because she have just two weeks overall to prepare herself on grass, or before USO because tournament destined to be hers major warm-up event for USO she blacklisted with reason (Rogers Cup), so she will be forced to play next week Cincinnati (just two weeks before New York) more seriously than she wanted... but she will never take seriously Rome, which is two weeks before hers most important tournament! So Ulla Radwanska deserve big credit for managing to lose whole set against player which come there just for hour and half practice session.
Oh my God, so Ana is lying in her B92 interview when she says that she lost because the conditions were tough and the balls were 'heavier'. Ana is a liar, I do not like how it sounds.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #4048
country flag Cp6uja

Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute Cp6uja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Oh my God, so Ana is lying in her B92 interview when she says that she lost because the conditions were tough and the balls were 'heavier'. Ana is a liar, I do not like how it sounds.
Are You talking about this hers statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana za b92
"Dekoncentrisala me i buka sa ostalih terena, ali ja sam kriva, definitivno nije bio moj dan. Jedina dobra stvar je što ću sada imati dovoljno vremena da se pripremim za Rolan Garos", rekla je Ivanovićeva.
You should to learn to better read between the lines, and also to better distinguish the more important things from the unimportant. BTW bad conditions is bad for both players, but theirs focus, priorities and motivations are individual.

And if You are really in doubt, You must to know that Ana never lies, but truth or logic in some hers statements which she tells sometimes is too much deep or hidden for listeners, so even me sometimes have no clue what about she talking

AMAZING BELGRADE MIRACLE: In just three years (2008-2011) 5 different players born in same city reach world #1 in rankings and several GS titles and finals (WTA singles: Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic, ATP singles: Novak Djokovic, ATP doubles: Nenad Zimonjic and Daniel Nestor... with notable performances of Bojana Jovanovski, Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki which is also all three born in Belgrade)
Cp6uja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #4049
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp6uja View Post
Are You talking about this hers statement:
You should to learn to better read between the lines, and also to better distinguish the more important things from the unimportant. BTW bad conditions is bad for both players, but theirs focus, priorities and motivations are individual.

And if You are really in doubt, You must to know that Ana never lies, but truth or logic in some hers statements which she tells sometimes is too much deep or hidden for listeners, so even me sometimes have no clue what about she talking
It still sounds the same to me, that interview still looks like she wanted to win, but couldn't win, but you say she didn't want to win - she tanked. I don't actually care, I do not organize her schedule and her career, she's always been illogical. I know that her priority is Paris, but I do not agree with what she's doing if she's doing what you've said.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #4050
country flag Iva87

http://www.welovetennis.fr/exhibitio...a-en-argentine

Quote:
Exhibition > Ivanovic contre Sharapova en Argentine
Par Rémi Cap-Vert, mercredi 22 mai 2013 à 19:54

Ana Ivanovic a confirmé qu'elle disputerait un match d'exhibition en Argentine, durant l'intersaison. Elle affrontera Maria Sharapova le 8 décembre prochain.
Rappelons que Roger Federer et Rafael Nadal disputeront, eux aussi, des rencontres d'exhibition en Amérique du Sud.