Sloane Stephens disses Serena in new ESPN Magazine Article - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #916
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens disses Serena in new ESPN Magazine Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
AS I SAID. When Sloane said she was talking with Serena all the time, maybe she was indeed talking to Serena alot at the time but what if it lasted only a couple weeks? or a month? It was true at THAT TIME that they were talking alot. If it only last a short time, it's also true that it appears that Serena hasn't spoken much to Sloane if you consider her whole career. You're simply jumping to LIESSSS cuz you don't wanna see that Serena has done some wrongs. You're also trying to divert the conversation about the fact that Serena has deleted her and started to ignore her after her loss to the AO. Whether they were not best friend or not, it's still rude since they were at least acquaintance. Delete her from Twitter if you want cuz you're sick of her "gloat" about beating you, but why would you delete her of BBM and ignore her around court? That's my question for you to answer, THIS was made BEFOrE your so called "lies" from Sloane too.
LMAO. How is "Serena talked to me for a period in my career" equal to "Serena has barely spoken to me for my entire career"? They're not. If Serena spoke to Sloane for a few months that would means, you guessed it, the statement that Serena has ignored her her entire career would be a lie. You're deliberately deflecting my points because you know what she says contradicts, so you're coming up with crazy theories ("Maybe it was a few texts") to salvage yourself.

What Serena did has no bearing on whether or not Sloane lied. I don't know why Serena unfollowed Sloane on Twitter. If she unfollowed her just because she lost, then yes, that would be a bit childish. But whether or not that is true does not erase Sloane's history of lying about Serena and also Gilles Simon. So now that I called Serena a little childish, will you be able to admit Sloane has a history of statements with dubious relationships with reality? Somehow I doubt it.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #917
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm sorry but why would she make up Serena deleting her from BBM THAT after saying she was BBMing with her a few months earlier.
Serena was not WRONG to delete Sloane from any social media sites OR from her Blackberry. THAT is what you people are failing to realize. Serena isn't going to be friendly and constantly giving advice to ANY player that takes her out of a Grand Slam.

You guys are acting like tennis is a team sport. Sloane is on her own team and Serena is on hers, if Serena decided to be nice to Sloane initially that is her prerogative. Once Sloane beat Serena (in a slam she was favored to win none the less), and then saw Sloane's reaction following the win, how could anyone that has followed tennis think Serena would still be "cool" with her.

Serena wouldn't be "cool" with Venus if she weren't her sister so lets not pretend Sloane is privileged to any other type of treatment.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #918
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
Can we ban the asshole who brought race into a thread in which it had no place being in.

Mods I'll give you a hint as to whose fault it is:
Oh so you are the only one who can decide when and where it can be brought up ? (aka everytime, except when it doesn't suit you interests).Guess what ? the answer is no
And why talking of "fault" ? What started with a joke (kinda )ended up in a chaotic but interesting discussion.Compared to what happens generally in this kind of threads, it's rather a progress

btw : you think that if you and some of your friends keep insulting me in each single post I will somehow disappear or finally get mad, leading to the thread being locked ? weak
homogenius is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #919
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova's reaction is a little shady as well.

“So it was nice to see that she spoke honestly about it. I think people have different perceptions of different athletes. It’s nice that someone spoke up about how they feel.”

http://tennis.si.com/
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #920
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
I read Serena's and Sloane's interviews at the AO and watched an interview with barbara schett. They were friendly, talking and joking and Serena admitted giving her advice (=mentoring?) and now that has all stopped according to Sloane since the AO. Now what reason could she have to lie about that. She seems very honest in her interviews. Speaks directly what she thinks and now this honesty backfired and everybody thinks shes lying while Serena has not said a word yet. For now we just dont know and shouldnt blindly hate on Sloane for being honest.We will see what the future brings.
So if I gave you advice on a particular subject once or twice, am I mentoring you?
To me, mentoring is the degree of providing advice, as in taking someone under your wing to advise them in a constant and frequent manner.

And while I do believe that some of what Stephens has said has some basis of fact, I just don't know which parts of her story is truthful.
Do you?

Post these factual statement so that I also know, because the girl has confused the hell out of me and apparently many other tennis fans.

Blind hate is not what's going on here,and people have posted copious reason and given many examples.

I admire and revere integrity above all else, and I also give people the benefit of the doubt.
If they correct themselves, I forgive and forget.
Stephens has yet to come clean, IMO. So I have yet to forgive and forget.
Especially when my fave is involved.
SERENA: "I hate losing more than I love winning" | RVD: Knowledge(able)…?- In issues researched that interests me and affect my life directly. | Understand(ing)…?- Many subjects & topics in general; with an unquenchable thirst and open mind to learn more. | Experienced…?- In courses of study, and adversities faced. | Racism…?- Living it everyday; experiencing it’s pain in every way; knowing it’ll never go away; and fully understand the futility of arguing it’s ‘evils’ with 'the ignorant' more than I could possibly say.
RVD is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #921
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
LMAO. How is "Serena talked to me for a period in my career" equal to "Serena has barely spoken to me for my entire career"? They're not. If Serena spoke to Sloane for a few months that would means, you guessed it, the statement that Serena has ignored her her entire career would be a lie. You're deliberately deflecting my points because you know what she says contradicts, so you're coming up with crazy theories ("Maybe it was a few texts") to salvage yourself.

What Serena did has no bearing on whether or not Sloane lied. I don't know why Serena unfollowed Sloane on Twitter. If she unfollowed her just because she lost, then yes, that would be a bit childish. But whether or not that is true does not erase Sloane's history of lying about Serena and also Gilles Simon. So now that I called Serena a little childish, will you be able to admit Sloane has a history of statements with dubious relationships with reality? Somehow I doubt it.
Oh I've said many times that Sloane's comments were immature and delusionals...that doesn't make them blatant lies tho. She never said Serena ignored her only that she hasn't spoken to her much....Sloane is playing on words for sure as I said cuz she's upset and immature. The topic of this thread is indeed about how Serena treated Sloane after that loss including the Twitter/BBM deleting. It's other Serena defenders who deviate the topic into SLoane "lies" to not talk about how childish Serena was too. As I said before, it's a childish catfight, there's one that is handling it better than the other tho. I'm just wondering if Serena will reply to Sloane now...could be interesting.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #922
country flag MsWilson

MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm sorry but why would she make up Serena deleting her from BBM THAT after saying she was BBMing with her a few months earlier.
We have video evidence of Serena clearly NOT ignoring her at fed cup. So you are wrong when you insist Serena has ignored her ever since. As much as you pretend to be, you are obviously not objective.

Based on Serena's actions at Fed Cup, it could be that Sloane misinterpreted Serena's actions and assumed things that just weren't true and she jumped the gun. Similarly she probably jumped the gun as to what the nature of their relationship was in the first place.
MsWilson is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #923
country flag TennisPhan

TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
Can we ban the asshole who brought race into a thread in which it had no place being in.

Mods I'll give you a hint as to whose fault it is:
Actually this was the original asshole:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
LMFAO! Rookie have SEVERAL SEATS! Sloane is a LIAR plain and simple. People like to gloss over that because Serena is involved, but lets call a Spade a Spade. She "PRETENDED" to have this great relationship with Serena and then once Serena showed her that she is STILL competition Sloane felt some type of way about the treatment. Its CLEAR to me now that because Sloane is black she thought Serena would treat her different, which is also why this story is REALLY getting all the publicity. People love to see 2 black women attempting to drag each other down in the press. Sloane provided the medium for it and now she will have to live with that being forever in print.

I honestly hope Serena lets her tennis do all the talking regarding this situation.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #924
country flag MsWilson

MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold MsWilson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post

Serena wouldn't be "cool" with Venus if she weren't her sister so lets not pretend Sloane is privileged to any other type of treatment.
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #925
country flag FoxyliciousKhat

FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute FoxyliciousKhat has a reputation beyond repute

It's it amazing that people don't see anything wrong with Sloane, this so called friend of Serena calming Serena was "DISRESPECTFUL" for screaming c'mon during a competition.

...But they think Serena was wrong for deleting Sloane from her twitter or BBM, when Sloane basically was throwing her win in Serena's face.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Sloane should not be happy with the win. But if she feels c'mon is disrespectful then she should also feel her gloating is disrespectful.

JUST SAYIN'

Foxy

WORD: Just because your friend or the pundits or the crowd doesn't agree or dislike something doesn't mean you need to, you are actually entitled to your own opinion even if it doesn't agree with that of everyone else. Don't be a a negativity sheep!
FoxyliciousKhat is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:00 AM   #926
country flag MsWilson

Quote:
The topic of this thread is indeed about how Serena treated Sloane after that loss including the Twitter/BBM deleting.
including? That is the only thing that she did.
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #927
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AS I SAID. When Sloane said she was talking with Serena all the time, maybe she was indeed talking to Serena alot at the time but what if it lasted only a couple weeks? or a month? It was true at THAT TIME that they were talking alot. If it only last a short time, it's also true that it appears that Serena hasn't spoken much to Sloane if you consider her whole career. You're simply jumping to LIESSSS cuz you don't wanna see that Serena has done some wrongs. You're also trying to divert the conversation about the fact that Serena has deleted her and started to ignore her after her loss to the AO. Whether they were not best friend or not, it's still rude since they were at least acquaintance. Delete her from Twitter if you want cuz you're sick of her "gloat" about beating you, but why would you delete her of BBM and ignore her around court? That's my question for you to answer, THIS was made BEFOrE your so called "lies" from Sloane too.
Sloane's definition of all the time could have been once or twice. At this point it is very clear that she exaggerated and lied about her connections with Serena. The only reason you or any of us are commenting on this subject is because Sloane put her business out there for everyone to see. Who would have known she was deleted from twitter or bbm if Sloane had not put it out there? Just the fact that we all know this shows how childish Sloane is and her poor decision making.

She wants to get upset with Serena for doing something that people do every day. That's why those features are there on the social networks, to block those who are annoying. I've done it and I'm pretty sure I will do it again. Sloane gives off the impression that she has an over bearing personality.

I believe she wants to be in Serena's life any way she can, even if she has to create it in her own little mind. You will never see the facts before you because you simply do not like Serena no matter what. So anything negative about her in your case is automatically going to be true, even if it is a lie and there is proof in plain sight. You will continue to see what you want to see.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #928
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
Actually this was the original asshole:
I am THE original asshole! You mad??
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #929
country flag iWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Sharapova's reaction is a little shady as well.

“So it was nice to see that she spoke honestly about it. I think people have different perceptions of different athletes. It’s nice that someone spoke up about how they feel.”

http://tennis.si.com/
Sharapova's been clocked! her opinions on this issue are as irrelevant as TennisPhan's lame ass posts.
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:06 AM   #930
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWilson View Post
We have video evidence of Serena clearly NOT ignoring her at fed cup. So you are wrong when you insist Serena has ignored her ever since. As much as you pretend to be, you are obviously not objective.

Based on Serena's actions at Fed Cup, it could be that Sloane misinterpreted Serena's actions and assumed things that just weren't true and she jumped the gun. Similarly she probably jumped the gun as to what the nature of their relationship was in the first place.
lol I'm not the one who says she ignores her..Sloane is...Fed Cup is another story tho lol

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread