*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 135 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2011
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Thought she played well in patches, except when serving it out when she got too passive. Timing came and went but it was good to see her looking to take charge of the rallies even though she hasn't played in a while.

Was surprised how good Nastya's retrieving was, she was better than Vika in that department today. Vika was using the slice forehand way too much, she should just use the running forehand she uses on hardcourts, the slice was doing nothing.
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #2012
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Could have been worse I guess, I mean she won
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #2013
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well for some reason I didn't like the way she played. But well done on winning and especially after saving those 3 straight SPs in the first and second lol.

Welcome back girl
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #2014
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Turned out to be a nice little entry match for Victoria ; didn't play that bad considering the opponent she faced but as the first set closed out you could sense in that short span of time her lack of competition though she particularly upped her level many times on break points with sumptuous defenses. History repeated itself in the second ; either way it really made a good first match for Victoria.

Nastya offered nice competition, I agree, she was defending great at times, surprising (!) ; I also particularly love Victoria's serve. Just like Doha's F and pre-injury, she served at a high aggressive percentage and often around 160-165km/h. Her serve, probably the first element of her game that would go south after these kinds of long breaks was very solid and aggressive same can't be said about the backhand (lol).
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #2015
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

That was so tough to watch but I'm glad she came through in straights.

at those suggesting it was Pavs who was the big choker in this match.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2016
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika welcome back gurl Lengthened the match to get good practice on clay started with woeful returns and I knew its gonna be a horror show. At patches sshe played brilliantly. She needs more variety on clay to win big titles

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2017
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMIRZA View Post
Vika welcome back gurl Lengthened the match to get good practice on clay started with woeful returns and I knew its gonna be a horror show. At patches sshe played brilliantly. She needs more variety on clay to win big titles
Tbh I thought her return was poor in general today.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #2018
country flag Hyacinth
Only Vika

Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all Hyacinth is a name known to all

So tough to watch but it's ok, well done anyway lol. Good in patches and all heart. Thanks to bigger choker Nastya.
Vika should play more aggressive and with great variety.
Hyacinth is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #2019
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis Panorama News ‏@TennisNewsTPN
Azarenka: "Honestly, I don't think I could have asked for a better match to start after a break. There was everything there."

"A lot of up and downs and a lot of fighting. bviously she's playing really good now. She won a tournament. It's a great test for me."

"I'm really happy the way I pulled it off. It's a great platform to start improving and getting the preparation."- TC

Glad she can take the positives.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #2020
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, not her best play but she hasn't played in a long time, it was her first match on clay and Pavs just won a title. So overall it's alright I guess. Plenty of room for improvement though.
Nina. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2021
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Sure Nastia (who I like) had a ton of chances in this match up but Vika was/is always going to have a mental edge over her when it gets tough.
Not a bad match when you consider the opponent, the surface, and the lay off.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #2022
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

I take that win. On to the next.
garwe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #2023
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

A sort of win I'd happily take considering how long she had been out for and the opponent.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #2024
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

One key thing that gets missed by the guys on GM who post stuff like "Vika was crap, no way she's going anywhere here", they read too much into the first match performance. Lots of players have gone on to do well in tournaments after starting slowly. In fact who of the top players has actually played well in R1 here (you can say Kerber here and I won't know if true, she is the only top player I haven't seen play )? Most important is just to get the win, you can't win a tournament first round, you can only lose it, just ask Radwanska, Li etc. Lots of players this week would have loved to find a way through playing average tennis.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #2025
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Tbh I thought her return was poor in general today.
This is a fast surface, blue or red, combine with the less reliable bounce and it favours the server more than hardcourt. She never got her return game going here last year either.

Apart from each time she had to serve it out her serving was sound.