MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #331
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post

And I don't really see any huge superstars on the horizon that are capable of capturing the public's imagination. No "IT" factor.

Can you comprehend a WTA trying to be carried by Kvitova or Azarenka or Radwanska if there were no Maria and Serena?
God help us when that day comes
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #332
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
What?

That final was painful, but Serena won fair and square. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Maria.

Serena was just in another dimension and nobody was able to come close.
yeah, that final was painful and Serena was playing out of this universe but Maria could still do better than 6-0 6-1, yes she wasn't allowed to play her game because Serena was too much, but I think Maria was super nervous that day and it wasn't Maria on the court, she was so shaky from the beginning and right after she was broken in the first game, somehow she lost the confidence

that score reflects Serena's huge game but also Maria's mental meltdown

Kvitova, Jankovic, Cepelova, Hantuchova, Ivanovic
Joelina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #333
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
From a global perspective, I would say the WTA is headed for a dark age once Maria and Serena leave the game. And you could also include Li Na because of the China factor. But Maria and Serena in particular have done an incredible job of creating and cultivating their own worldwide brand. Even if you don't follow tennis, you know who they are. They bring in the casual fans, they create buzz, they move the needle. Once you get beyond them, you pretty much only have niche players, who have their own groups of devoted fans, but no wide appeal and recognition outside of tennis.

And I don't really see any huge superstars on the horizon that are capable of capturing the public's imagination. No "IT" factor.

Can you comprehend a WTA trying to be carried by Kvitova or Azarenka or Radwanska if there were no Maria and Serena?
I think that Serena and Maria will still be around for the next three years though, Maria perhaps even longer. A lot can happen in three years. And no matter what TF may think about her, when it comes to appealing to the average guy out there Wozniacki was a pr dream for the WTA before her career took a nosedive - likeable, pretty and blonde, just what they want. Ivanovic also could have been huge if she had followed up her FO win with better results. Cirstea could be big if she wasn't such a headcase. The problem for the WTA is that leaving aside Maria, Serena and Li nobody of the best players out there is either very pretty, charismatic or has the personality to make their average physical appearance irrelevant. But eventually someone, perhaps even more than one will make a breakthough and capture the public's imagination.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #334
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Both Nole and Masha have 495 career wins And both could reach 500 in Madrid
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #335
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

totally didn't know that
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #336
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

madrid baby

she is really sick, cold some, nose, and coughing a lot, eating honey all the time, and was that cough sirup between sets

get well soon, we need healthy clapova

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #337
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

Only watch 1st set and imo She can't feel the ball well, so many UE and her game is not good at all, not aggressive enough. Nut it's a 1st match of tournament, so She stills can pick her game up
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#42
PAW Rank:#107
FITD Rank:#188.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #338
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
So NashaMasha was right
Anyway it's not a bad thing if she is sick, the real test for me is Rome, I just want her to go far on this weirdo surface just to collect some points but the must win tournament is Rome.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #339
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Wow totally didn't know that Novak and Maria had the same amount of wins

This match was just though. I think the only highlight for me was the insane usage of tissues from Maria Seriously did anyone else notice how many of them she threw away after the match was over....they were A LOT
Anyways get better Maria it's obvious she had no energy today was coughing all the time too

On the other hand it will be interesting to see if Grigor is sick during his match today
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #340
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

People please stop making Dimipova happen

Nolepova ftw
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #341
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
God help us when that day comes
Us? I'm out if the WTA is carried by Azarenka, Kvitova and that other girl
Silas is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #342
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
People please stop making Dimipova happen

Nolepova ftw
I know but I'm starting to believe Dimipova has already happened
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #343
country flag dameshibatvutre

dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice dameshibatvutre is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
djokernole its not for pova thats for sure
dameshibatvutre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #344
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I snatched the end of 1st set and the second one. She was pretty good. Some nice winners, solid serve. Good start, Madrid Baby and why they didn't show her interview again?

It seems her cold is not that serious, get better soon.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #345
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
That's a lie!