On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 325 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #4861
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
L A does have the redeeming scene where the floppy PM calls the cocky President a bully. It's an unceremonious soppy film, without pretence to be more than a Christmas flick, moreover, Claudia in Cameo looks hot, and Keira holds a mean Banoffee pie. Harmless fun
You make a good point in that,if it was never rated that highly in the first place,then it shouldn't be on the Most Overrated list.I missed the scene you refer to b/c I felt compelled to leave and get some fresh air......and I assume that you're referring to Keira Knightley.Tbh,I don't even recall seeing her in the film but will take your word for it.Her face is undeniably lovely,the sort that would probably not shame itself even w/o any airbrushing at all.However,you'll have to forgive my Latino preferences for classic female shapeliness,as Keira crosses over the line between skinny and malnourished.Major weight gain might be a great plus for her,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #4862
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

As I've posted before,I have great respect for the industry and teamwork of ants,so I don't take any pleasure from killing them as I do with roaches.However,they were causing too much harm in my rosebush so...sorry guys,it's time to move to another yard

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #4863
country flag bruce goose

In my personal experience,Germans are the non-native speakers who are most likely to be fluent or nearly-fluent in English.In fact,they often are much more conversant than native speakers from the U.S. or Australia.

Having said that,Kerber speaks English on a level that you'd expect from a Mexican truck driver.She might be a VERY sweet person,and she's certainly a highly-beautiful,talented tennis player.....but her communication skills really are pathetic

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM   #4864
country flag bruce goose

Okay,Monica Puig just defeated Schiavone to reach her first-ever QF....By now,most of you know that we suck at tennis.We've only had one female,Angelica Galvadon,who was ranked in the top 100,and she wasn't all that great,either...never winning a tourney or even coming that close,as I recall.

Mexicans and Puerto Ricans don't have any intense dislike for each other but,with guys,sometimes the Latino male ego gets in the way a little bit.....I reckon that the women usually get along okay....Anyway,there's not gonna be any Mexican Hingis anytime soon,so I'll support Puig since she's the closest thing to Mexican that we're gonna get in the WTA Top 100 for a while.We'll see how she does in these later rounds in Portugal

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM   #4865
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Okay,Monica Puig just defeated Schiavone to reach her first-ever QF....By now,most of you know that we suck at tennis.We've only had one female,Angelica Galvadon,who was ranked in the top 100,and she wasn't all that great,either...never winning a tourney or even coming that close,as I recall.

Mexicans and Puerto Ricans don't have any intense dislike for each other but,with guys,sometimes the Latino male ego gets in the way a little bit.....I reckon that the women usually get along okay....Anyway,there's not gonna be any Mexican Hingis anytime soon,so I'll support Puig since she's the closest thing to Mexican that we're gonna get in the WTA Top 100 for a while.We'll see how she does in these later rounds in Portugal
I don't know if you saw it but there was an interview recently with Galvadon at the Wta's website:

http://www.wtatennis.com/40love/arti...elica-gavaldon
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #4866
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It's rather annoying when you're trying to remember something and you know that you know it but you experience a temporary memory block.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4867
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't know if you saw it but there was an interview recently with Galvadon at the Wta's website:

http://www.wtatennis.com/40love/arti...elica-gavaldon
Thanks,Protoss but,yes,I'd seen it when it first came out.I don't think that Gavaldon got much attention from our sports media back then;however,I wasn't living in Mexico at that time.Still,I'm fairly sure that she flew under the radar cuz tennis barely gets on TV even NOW....and you can FORGET 20 years ago.

Angelica was what we call 'Panzon' down here;maybe if she had been sexy,like some other WTAers,she'd have gotten some attention....Oh,and I hope that you recalled whatever it was that you forgot

Old May 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #4868
country flag Protoss

I saw Iron Man 3 last night and thought it was very good. I think it's better than the 2nd one but I'm not sure about the first. I'd have to rewatch them to refresh my memory and make a more definitive judgement.

My favorite comic book movie is The Dark Knight Rises and it was my overall favorite movie of last year.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #4869
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Changing the subject: Back in the nineties - did anyone watch Gladiators (it was on ITV) and in particular the female gladiator Jet (Diane Youdale)? Was lately rewatching some footage of her in the Hang Tough even. She was amazing. I used to have a crush on her. But so did everyone else. God how I loved her. She would do her somersault at the beginning and then in series 4 with one leg in the air pretend it was a guitar and "played" it. Then on the rings - really difficult - she made it look so easy. She only lost once on the rings in 4 years and that was a big surprise (it was in series 4 and she caught the contender then as usual but slipped off and got "one-ringed"). Mind you she had previously been the North of England Junior Gymnastics Champion for four years. She was bubbly, really skillful and so fast and she was really nice to contenders and everyone. She got a massive amount of fan mail. Far more than any other gladiator.

When she had her awkward fall in series 4, trapping nerves in her neck, Diane decided it was time to move on as she no longer could put 100% into the show. I was never really interested in the program after that.

Wonder if DownInAHole ever saw her. Here's a link to "Twelve Golden TV Sex Moments" which contains one of the U-Tubes of her in Hang Tough I was recently re-watching.
http://www.fhm.com/girls/jet-does-ha...ators-20090715

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #4870
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ I remember Gladiators. Live from the Birmingham Indoor Arena .. I don't remember Jet though. But I do remember one of the Gladiators had a relationship with Jordan. Then again, who hasn't had ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #4871
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Changing the subject: Back in the nineties - did anyone watch Gladiators (it was on ITV) and in particular the female gladiator Jet (Diane Youdale)? Was lately rewatching some footage of her in the Hang Tough even. She was amazing. I used to have a crush on her. But so did everyone else. God how I loved her. She would do her somersault at the beginning and then in series 4 with one leg in the air pretend it was a guitar and "played" it. Then on the rings - really difficult - she made it look so easy. She only lost once on the rings in 4 years and that was a big surprise (it was in series 4 and she caught the contender then as usual but slipped off and got "one-ringed"). Mind you she had previously been the North of England Junior Gymnastics Champion for four years. She was bubbly, really skillful and so fast and she was really nice to contenders and everyone. She got a massive amount of fan mail. Far more than any other gladiator.

When she had her awkward fall in series 4, trapping nerves in her neck, Diane decided it was time to move on as she no longer could put 100% into the show. I was never really interested in the program after that.

Wonder if DownInAHole ever saw her. Here's a link to "Twelve Golden TV Sex Moments" which contains one of the U-Tubes of her in Hang Tough I was recently re-watching.
Talk about guilty pleasures.Normally,FHM is a CrapNest;they once rated skanky,low-class gringa Megan Fox as the 2nd-most-sexy woman on the planet...maybe for juvenile masturbation addicts

However,the female Gladiator competition was heavily arousing for males worldwide.Indeed,Jet was gorgeous,both facially and shape-wise

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #4872
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^ I remember Gladiators. Live from the Birmingham Indoor Arena .. I don't remember Jet though. But I do remember one of the Gladiators had a relationship with Jordan. Then again, who hasn't had ...
Jet competed 1992-1995 and got her injury at the Wembley Arena Live Shows in 1996. So you must have watched the show after that when I lost interest for obvious reasons. No-one who ever watched the show while Jet was competing as a gladiator could possibly not remember her. Apparently - the gladiator called Ace (Warren Furman in real, life) who was OK as a gladiator - one of the better ones - had the relationskip with Jordan.

On thing when they conducted the initial trials for the gladiators before the 1st series - thew showed footage of those - squats, climbing a rope, cross country etc. One of the tasks they had to do was get over a beam. They had to jump up to to reach it in the first place and then ull themselves up from there in order to get over it. That's difficult. Of the girls - many coulnd't do it.. They showed Phoenix and Scorpio (two who made the trials as gladiators) manage to do it. They showed some of the men gladiators who made it do so with a lot of encouragement from the others but it wasn't easy and took time. Jet just had the technique and like flew over it in about 5-6 seconds. Then for good measure she did it again just as quick. So she did it twice before anyone else had remotely achieved it once. But she always laughed and down-played what she did preferring to praise others.

Old May 5th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #4873
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Talk about guilty pleasures.Normally,FHM is a CrapNest;they once rated skanky,low-class gringa Megan Fox as the 2nd-most-sexy woman on the planet...maybe for juvenile masturbation addicts

However,the female Gladiator competition was heavily arousing for males worldwide.Indeed,Jet was gorgeous,both facially and shape-wise
Yeah. But to be fair it was the first time I'd gone into FHM from google. When I looked at a few of the others I thought - WTF - can't be bothered with this. You are right and I should have posted a link straight to a Hang Tough video. But I had it in my mind the link I gave would attract DIAH.

Old May 5th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #4874
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Yeah. But to be fair it was the first time I'd gone into FHM from google. When I looked at a few of the others I thought - WTF - can't be bothered with this. You are right and I should have posted a link straight to a Hang Tough video. But I had it in my mind the link I gave would attract DIAH.
Should I be honoured or offended that you thought of me?

I never watched American Gladiators religiously but it was fairly popular and I certainly have seen more than a few episodes. Were there different versions for the U.S. and U.K.?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #4875
country flag terjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Should I be honoured or offended that you thought of me?

I never watched American Gladiators religiously but it was fairly popular and I certainly have seen more than a few episodes. Were there different versions for the U.S. and U.K.?
They were almost the same. They even had a male gadiator in the USA version who was the "pantomime like baddie" version of the gladiator Wolf in the UK.

There were no doubt some very slight differences. There were also a lot of events to chose from but there were only 5 events each show. So I'd imagine one difference was simply that there were some events that were played more in the UK than the USA and vice-versa.

But the main difference was I don't believe the USA had anyone so fantastic and to drool over like Jet in the UK . The single reason many of us watched the show. Not just hot in looks - but quite outstanding in two of the events - "Hang Tough" and "The Wall".

Closed Thread