Allez Mandy Minella! - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #976
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

The bits I watched, Timea is actually a pretty decent doubles player

ZARINA DIYAS. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #977
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy's now moved back into the top 80 at 79 now
Shes also moved into the top 50 in doubles at 47

She and Timea are now sitting at 11th in the doubles race

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #978
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

Considering she ran out of fuel in the single semi she should go a bit easy on the doubles, sometimes not play it at all. Those hours spend on the doubles could have been saved for the singles. Especially at a tournament where she could have actually won.

In general I think she should cut down on her schedule and use the off time to practice on her obvious shortcomings. With the basics to get well into the top 50 it is a matter of quality is better than qauntity.

And only the 16 best results account towards the ranking, so there is no need to play 30+.
TheFramer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #979
country flag Kəv.

Well she wasnt expecting to go so deep i ln both events

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #980
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough

Do you go into an event expecting to loose early needing a backup plan(doubles) or do you go in aiming to win?

I know Mandy have lost a lot lately and it might effect the mindset, but thinking about loosing is the wrong approach.

Playing doubles in majors an PM's where there is lots of time is fine, but at 235's she should really put all her focus on the singles event. Because in some of them, clay courts mainly, she has a genuine chance of winning.
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #981
country flag Duramont

Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute Duramont has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy needs to get more consistent. She has given away so many great chances in the past 2 years to improve her ranking; Yakimova at last year's Wimbledon, Savinykh at the Australian Open this season, with these 200 points she would be ranked inside top 60 and be seeded at international tournaments.

Minella :: Lisicki :: Date :: Cornet :: Jankovic :: Siniakova :: Diyas :: Svitolina
Duramont is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #982
country flag TheFramer

One could argue that she is consistant. She almost always lose in the first round.

But no, you are right about consistency. Players in top 50, or top 30, usually gets to the second or third round week in and week out. Adding to that 2 or 3 top result and your are there.

Right now Mandy's ranking is based on 5 results(Marrakech, Bad Gast, Biarritz, Baku and US Open).

Unfortunately Mandy's game is a clay court game, and the clay court season on the WTA tour isn't that long. On faster courts there are some profound problems in her game. Something that the opposition know about and know how to utilise.

I have seen Mandy play and practice quite a few times and I am afraid to say that I don't see any progess as I don't see any real work done on her problems.

Let's see if she can get one or two good results in the rest of the clay court season, Paris would be a good place, quietly stepping on the grass and then a confirmation on a US Open third round.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM   #983
country flag Kəv.

Mandy Minella
Monday
Thanks to my Physio Serge Thome for this amazing week.

Mandy Minella
Monday via mobile
After this successful week,i ll take one week off/training,then Cagnes sur mer,Rome one more practice week and Roland Garros.

Mandy Minella
Yesterday via mobile
Knock knock,bestranking in doubles. 47.top 50 here i am.and 79 in singles

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #984
country flag Kəv.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM   #985
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #986
country flag Kəv.

According to TBEs rankings, Mandy will move up to 73 after next week close to her CHR

Old May 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #987
country flag Kəv.

Unfortunately Mandy cant play the Games of the small states of Europe this year which is held in Lux because its during the week of RG

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #988
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

The draw of $100,000 Cagnes-Sur-Mer:
Mandy has a good draw! Please catch the chance!!!

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #989
country flag Kəv.

Yes, easy points for QF.
Then theres Svitolina, Chang, Camerin and Cabeza Candela I think Elina will win out of them then possibly v Mandy.
Shes not playing doubles so shes taken your advice TheFramer!

Old May 6th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #990
country flag Kəv.

mandy minella ‏@mandyminella 3 May
Hello Guys,i am getting ready for my next tournament in cagnes sur mer

---
she's so slim

Closed Thread