Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!! - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2071
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

If she can keep the ball in the court, Pennetta will be a win for her
Stosur/Suarez Navarro would be more tricky but I can't think of better clay court conditions (except maybe Stuttgart) for her to beat them in
After Madrid and Rome is she playing Strasbourg, Brussels or neither?
Prague may not have been a bad choice instead of Rome but Zakopalova, Safarova and others are playing so it would be quite tough
Although, last time she resorted to the ITF Circuit (besides Helsinki and Biella) it was the start of her emphatic return

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2072
country flag vik

vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light vik is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she can keep the ball in the court, Pennetta will be a win for her
Stosur/Suarez Navarro would be more tricky but I can't think of better clay court conditions (except maybe Stuttgart) for her to beat them in
After Madrid and Rome is she playing Strasbourg, Brussels or neither?
Prague may not have been a bad choice instead of Rome but Zakopalova, Safarova and others are playing so it would be quite tough
Although, last time she resorted to the ITF Circuit (besides Helsinki and Biella) it was the start of her emphatic return

Kaia won't play Rome. She never entered. She will play Brussels as she likes there.

Graf
vik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:06 PM   #2073
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik View Post
Kaia won't play Rome. She never entered. She will play Brussels as she likes there.
I thought Rome was her favourite tournament or something
Is Brussels an International this or next year?
Who is playing

Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:16 PM   #2074
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Expected more But still a good week.

Both Kaia and Pennetta were injured for a while and are not in such a good form. I really hope Kaia finally gets her first win in Madrid.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:55 PM   #2075
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

A great week, but Carla was in the zone today. Kaia looked disheartened in the 2nd set. I can't believe the ES commentators complained about Kaia's service action.

Anyway, Flavia seems very rusty since her return, so I think she will beat her.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM   #2076
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear...Kaia has to play her R1 match tomorrow
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM   #2077
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

And an afternoon match

Madrid really seems to make sure Kaia never wins a match on their soil
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2078
country flag hardball

hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold hardball is a splendid one to behold
not sure this is correct. she is to play tomorrow according to the official website, but not according to wta app... they have all the same matches except instead of kaia - Pennetta they have LDL - Halep. keep my fingers Xed kaia won't have to play tomorrow. she needs every ranking point she can get in madrid cause she'll have a bunch to defend next few weeks

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
hardball is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #2079
country flag Tennisfan06

Kaia's homepage says that there was a change and she won't have to play tomorrow. Thank god, that would have been brutal for Kaia.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #2080
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...enge-in-oeiras

Quote:
Kanepi was impressed with Suárez Navarro's play and her own, as well - after all, this is just her third tournament back after missing the first three months of the 2013 season with an Achilles injury.

"Of course I'm very happy I played three good matches here and made the semifinals - I'm getting used to the matches again," Kanepi commented. "But today I felt like I had nothing to hurt her. Carla was playing really well, and I wasn't playing so well. She was just better today - all credit to her."

Kanepi has some pretty big points to defend coming up - last year at the end of the clay court season she reached the semifinals of Brussels and the quarterfinals of Roland Garros - but then she missed almost four months of action, not playing until September, so after that stretch it's all gravy.

"I hope to keep playing well and improve match by match," she said. "If I have enough clay court matches and feel good, I think I can actually defend the quarterfinals at the French Open - but it really depends on the draw. I might not be seeded there this year, which could be difficult for me."
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #2081
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

2nd match on court no. 7 tomorrow Hopefully she'll be rested well enough to get her first win in Madrid
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #2082
country flag WhoAmI?

Win over Pennetta 63 67(6) 62

First win in Madrid
80 important points in the bag

She'll get at least a day to rest. Next it's Stosur or Suarez Navarro.
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #2083
country flag chingching

Kaia wins
Can't believe how she does the lose MP in Second Set and win in Third
Anyway, another step towards getting some points
Who does she have in R2 again?

Old May 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #2084
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute

Kaia

Glad sh won the match, forgot to check even the scores

Good luck in Round 2 Kaia, hopefully she will have to play Stosur, sh would have better chances against her I feel.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2085
country flag kaiafan

kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold kaiafan is a splendid one to behold

Kaia Stosur or CSN, both are winnable matches if she manages to be on her game
kaiafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote