MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #91
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I have never forgot that match against Safina. Never ever. It hurts a lot. It hurts so much. One of a few times I really cried after she lost a match. But like madmax said, it was in 2008, her shoulder was already injured and Safina (a decent clay courter) still needed a choke from Maria to win, it just showed how potential and good Maria is on clay.
This. One of the 2 times I ever cried for WTA. RG 2008 and Cincy 2010, but I think Cincy was much worse.

I remember RG 2008 and how frustrating that match was and I remember my panic at 7-6 6-7 2-5 0-40 I was very young at the time, so it was understandable that I cried

As for Cincy, the minute the rain delay started I knew it was all over and that Kim would find a way to get away again. I started crying at the beginning of the 3rd set, what a mess I was
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:08 PM   #92
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Tho I must admit I maybe shed a tear when Lenochka was giving her retirement speech in Doha 2010

Oh and I didn't cry, but I remember how miserable I felt when Maria lost to Na in the 2011 FO. It burns
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #93
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Since you've been mentioning that match against Safina, I never saw Maria play as well as she did in that first set during that match. Her forehand was just flawless . She was playing brilliant tennis until the choke came .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #94
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Well...at least well always have "Allez up your fucking ass!!" From that tournament
Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM   #95
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I think I've revealed this before, but the tv remote was in pieces when she lost that second set to Safina, and at the end I slid my phone up, snapped it in half, and then jumped on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
she was playing with a broken shoulder in 08 RG already...the fact that Safina needed a choke from injured Masha just to beat her proves how tough she is to defeat on dirt. I very much doubt she is gonna be choking any red clay matches this season due to "pressure"
Also I agree with this, she was the real favourite heading in to RG last year and even more so once Serena lost yet never blinked, plus you couldn't have told what she was playing for by her performances in the SF and F of RG last year. I don't think the pressure will annoy her too much... 'pressure is privilege'
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #96
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I think I've revealed this before, but the tv remote was in pieces when she lost that second set to Safina, and at the end I slid my phone up, snapped it in half, and then jumped on it.

That loss was really difficult to take though, Dementieva was next and then Kuz. There was definitely sth to do for Maria in this French Open but her shoulder was quite fucked up and obviously she wasn't feeling that good on clay at the time
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM   #97
country flag Fighterpova

Well if it makes it any easier, after that R4, Safina beat Dementieva 4-6 7-6 6-0 saving 2 match points

Poor Lena
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:30 PM   #98
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I just rewatched highlights of that match. The pain and sadness are still there I stopped watching when Maria leads 5-2 in the 2nd set I love her helicopter FH so much. That shot looks so gorgeous to me. It's so amazing to see how much Maria has improved on clay since then
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:31 PM   #99
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

She would've probs flopped to Ivanovic in the final anyway

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:13 PM   #100
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
She would've probs flopped to Ivanovic in the final anyway
No she wouldn't have. She was a lot stronger mentally than Ana at any point in their careers. Ana is overrated on clay, even in 2008 their level on clay was similar. 2007 was an anomaly and Maria played one of her worst matches ever.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #101
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Well as Maria herself said when questioned about whether she could win RG a few years, to paraphrase: I made the SF a few years ago with my shoulder in pieces, serving at 70MPH, of course I believe I can win it.

People think 'cus she was in the SF she was in great form, she wasn't. I don't think she could have beaten Anna serving all those DFs she was at that stage but it wouldn't have been a repeat of 2007 IMO.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:36 AM   #102
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

There will be All access hour?
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM   #103
country flag jameshazza

Think so, it seems to be for every Premier this year.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM   #104
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure this surface will still play like crap. I'm already looking ahead to Rome.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 08:12 AM   #105
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so worried that she will come exhausted to rome if she goes fat at this useless tourney

at least face Serena and beat her
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote