MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM   #76
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of
Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

Sunday? So soon. Anyway I am ready, new surface must be nice. Maria, crush them all
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM   #77
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Friday, 2:00 PM.

Q-draw tomorrow, 4:00 PM.
Thanks Bitch better bring it finally with a deep run, like Beijing last year
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM   #78
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Tumaini ‏@tumcarayol
Rafa: "Court is (inaudible) this year" Anderson: "well, they're better than last year." "Well, last year they were unplayable...for ME."

I wonder what he said. I really hope the courts play like RG I want Maria to do good here, especially if she meets Serena
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM   #79
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
No Serena until Final ....

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:00 PM   #80
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Yeah but I think it's very likely they'll both make the final
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM   #81
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they've gone to great efforts to achieve a very RG-like surface, however because of the humidity its very hard to properly slide.

I still think, IMO at least, that Rome plays like RG much better. But I think it's great that Madrid has gone back to red clay because at the start of RG the courts play much faster what with the warmer weather etc. However in the second week they become much slower and muddier like Rome. Hopefully this is where Masha's clay prowess comes into play, exert as little time as possible in the quick opening rounds and start to grind it out in the second week as we're so used to seeing
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM   #82
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
I'd say it all depends on how Serena serves. In Miami she served crap in the first set lots of first serve missing and it ruined her rhythm and Maria took advantage of that. But once she found her gear she's unstoppable and we all know that.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:17 PM   #83
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

serena's last red clay court final was the French Open 2002 !
i dont think she will make it that far this year as well with all respect .

and I want a final with either Li Na or Azarenka here .

GOOD LUCK MASH , win it all
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #84
country flag goldlion

Maria always finds the worst time to get a chance to get to No.1. The outcome of Madrid will determine the ranking next week but Maria got loads of points to defend - 3050 while Serena is only merely 1000. I hope she stays at No.2 until the end of RG and snatch that top spot in Wimbledon hopefully Serena got knocked out by some random player early on.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #85
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

The rankings aren't important. Serena will solidify her No.1 ranking after FO because Maria can't win any points and Serena can't lose any either. I just hope Maria stays No.2 for Wimbledon and manages to defend either Rome or the French Open and does well at Madrid. Vika can gain some points since she was F/R2/R4 in Madrid/Rome/FO last year which could put Maria to No.3 by Wimby, but lets hope for the best
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:31 PM   #86
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Also, I don't want Maria to be No.1 for the FO. It will only add pressure (remember FO 2008 or Wimby 2012) plus Serena/ Vika have had the better 2013 so far. Second place is more than good = good draw + less pressure
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM   #87
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Though she's never dominated at being ranked #1, I don't think she gets affected by the ranking.
Last year she was literally a walking corpse at Wimbledon post RG and clay domination () facing the hardest of the hardest grass matchups in Lisicki. RG 08 I can't be too sure, but didn't she have a major lead over Safina before a choke? I wouldn't think she was worrying about her ranking in that match
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:08 PM   #88
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Though she's never dominated at being ranked #1, I don't think she gets affected by the ranking.
Last year she was literally a walking corpse at Wimbledon post RG and clay domination () facing the hardest of the hardest grass matchups in Lisicki. RG 08 I can't be too sure, but didn't she have a major lead over Safina before a choke? I wouldn't think she was worrying about her ranking in that match
I didn't say she thought about the ranking, but she certainly failed to deliver. I know I feel much more calm when she is No.2
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #89
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I didn't say she thought about the ranking, but she certainly failed to deliver. I know I feel much more calm when she is No.2
she was playing with a broken shoulder in 08 RG already...the fact that Safina needed a choke from injured Masha just to beat her proves how tough she is to defeat on dirt. I very much doubt she is gonna be choking any red clay matches this season due to "pressure"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:19 PM   #90
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I have never forgot that match against Safina. Never ever. It hurts a lot. It hurts so much. One of a few times I really cried after she lost a match. But like madmax said, it was in 2008, her shoulder was already injured and Safina (a decent clay courter) still needed a choke from Maria to win, it just showed how potential and good Maria is on clay.