Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 280 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM   #4186
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
. You don't even know me. Stop using gifs and customized fonts to make your comment more relevant. It is not going to happen.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM   #4187
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yep, A LOT harder. Since I always refused to cave in and give GM what GM wants I became a real expert in banging my head against the wall, biting my tongue, swallowing and walking around the room until I had calmed down before replying. Later on that changed into not replying to anything I didn't find worthy of a reply, and I found that to be the much easier option.
Yes.

You have always been one of the only true respectful posters on GM. I always appreciate an intelligent and reserved poster no matter their opinion or fave.

I know I was probably guilty of trolling you on many an occasion, for that I apologise

I think if you're not careful GM can bring you down to it's level...

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM   #4188
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
Yes.

You have always been one of the only true respectful posters on GM. I always appreciate an intelligent and reserved poster no matter their opinion or fave.

I know I was probably guilty of trolling you on many an occasion, for that I apologise

I think if you're not careful GM can bring you down to it's level...
Apology accepted. Yes, I remember a few occasions when you made me want to punch holes in the wall, but there were many others who had that effect on me.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #4189
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/yo...icle-1.1332476

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM   #4190
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

From looking at that above article I've decided I need to see Maria in a velvet suit.

Random
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4191
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Well, I was always a big fan of Connors and his warrior do or die fighting spirit and that's why I'll definitely buy the book. But if he ever truly loved Chris he shouldn't have made that public. I'm sure that he has enough juicy stuff to tell about his rivalries with the likes of McEnroe and Lendl without having to stab a former girlfriend in the back to get some publicity for his book.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4192

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't need to ever see anyone in a velvet suit, to be honest
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4193

Quote:
Well, I was always a big fan of Connors and his warrior do or die fighting spirit and that's why I'll definitely buy the book. But if he ever truly loved Chris he shouldn't have made that public. I'm sure that he has enough juicy stuff to tell about his rivalries with the likes of McEnroe and Lendl without having to stab a former girlfriend in the back to get some publicity for his book.
Yeah that was my take on it. Seems like he just wants to sell a few more copies of his book, pretty low from him.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM   #4194
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well, that's awkward and puts Chrissie in a bad light. Not cool.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM   #4195

And also, the implications on his career would be rather different from the implications on her career... he comes off as an arse in that.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM   #4196
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

OMG did anyone see new New Girl?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4197
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
And also, the implications on his career would be rather different from the implications on her career... he comes off as an arse in that.
Yeah, Connors was always an asshole when he played. In many respects he was worse than McEnroe and took gemesmanship to a level that younger posters can hardly even imagine. But I didn't mind one bit because he was also the ultimate street fighter, perhaps the most exciting player of his time (and some would argue in history) and he could blow the roof of any arena. In fact, he could turn any tennis crowd into a soccer crowd. The days of friendly country club tennis were gone as soon as Connors arrived on the scene. So even though he was an anti-establishment figure if ever there's been one in tennis, the game owes him a lot. That's why in his playing days I always rooted for him, no matter how big a jerk he was and no matter what stunt he might pull. You knew that he would always give it 200% and you knew that you were in for some great tennis. But this is different. It has nothing to do with trying to get under the skin of his opponents or raising his middle finger at the powers that be of tennis. This is deeply personal stuff and he should have considered her feelings. The fact that he didn't tells us a lot about him as a man. I'll always like the player and the competitor, but as a human being he turns out to be a huge disappointment.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM   #4198
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
OMG did anyone see new New Girl?
I just did Nick and Jess it was about time
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM   #4199
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I mean, that's decades ago, both have families and kids of their own these days. There was really no reason to bring that up.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #4200
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, I'm already missing Fed now and he's still the #2 ranked player. So I can only imagine how much I'll miss him when he'll truly be gone. I don't have any other faves on the male side either. I'll still follow the ATP because I love tennis itself, but it's not the same as when you have someone you're rooting for. I guess I'll just have to be patient until someone else turns that switch in me because I don't consciously choose faves.

But you are right in that Fed or Maria will never truly be gone because in a way they are almost bigger than the game itself. That's my biggest fear when it comes to Woz - that the day she retires will be the last I'll ever hear from her. At least if she stays with Rory I can perhaps catch a glimpse of her every now and then when he plays golf.
Awwww. I won't fret, I mean Woz is young, pretty and blonde, there'll be a place for her.

Quote:
Well, by the time she retires the number of slams that Maria has won might not be easy to surpass by the younger generations. And she's already done every big thing that can be done in the game - she's won all four majors, she won the YEC, she's been #1, she's won the Fed Cup, she has an Olympic medal, and she has several - possibly even more than several years to add to all that. In short, her legacy is secure, no matter what future generations may do.
Yea Martha already transcends the sport, and I think she'll be adding to her slam tally no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
I have no idea who initiated you as a skinhead but clearly they did not do a good job at explaining the code. A true vile does not address plebs unless they need to be put in their place. You are forgiven but secondary offenses may result in punishment since now I have informed you on the matter.
So tough to quote you! I really have no idea since when you've become so vocal haha. But again I pretty much lurked around during those days as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I just read a discussion on another forum about the Internet celebrating its 20 years. It made me even more nostalgic and feel more old.
To all of you who remember this, or who never experienced what it meant:

UGH Hated dial ups. Especially when it gets disconnected

Quote:
Jerk
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread