Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4 - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4156
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I need Robson to sort herself out because I'm lining her up to be my new fave
Yeah, I hope in the next 3-4 years the likes of Robson and Keys step up their game, because otherwise I really don't know who I'll follow after Maria leaves us
Advertisement

Old May 1st, 2013, 02:54 PM   #4157
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
Makes me feel better about my 2 exams and 1 paper to deal with in the next 10 days but Christ, I don't think I'd be able to survive all that

And I'll be there on my own for 6 weeks volunteering . Not prepared at all, kind of freaking out despite all my previous traveling

But at least I'll be here for this tournament and Rome, and hope my host family has WiFi. I'll be a wreck not knowing how Maria's doing otherwise
I'm just gonna reply to this in here, only seeing it now.

But yeah I have no idea how I'm gonna survive my exams
Sri Lanka sounds amazing, what type of voluntary project is it. I'm going to Ghana (hopefully, don't always get desired location) to volunteer for 10 weeks after Christmas.

Are you on a gap year or is it part of your degree or something?
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:59 PM   #4158
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Chrissie-fan I love you sometimes

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:13 PM   #4159
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I'm just gonna reply to this in here, only seeing it now.

But yeah I have no idea how I'm gonna survive my exams
Sri Lanka sounds amazing, what type of voluntary project is it. I'm going to Ghana (hopefully, don't always get desired location) to volunteer for 10 weeks after Christmas.

Are you on a gap year or is it part of your degree or something?
Really hope you get to go to Ghana, absolutely beautiful country and people . I'll give you all the details if you end up definitely going

And I guess it is part of my degree in a way. I'm studying International Development/Global Public Health, so I travel as much as I can with this volunteer program (Projects Abroad, actually quite popular in the UK). I traveled to Peru and Botswana in the past with that program.
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:18 PM   #4160
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
chrissie-fan there's actually been a question nagging at me and I suppose you are the best to answer it..

Do you feel like you've loved your faves after Chrissie just as much as Chrissie herself? Or does the first always have the edge?
Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that the first always has the edge. I celebrated and suffered with my later faves just as much as with Chris, and in a way if Caro would win a major it would mean even more from an emotional perspective because it would be so unexpected while Chris won majors (and everything else) all over the place. In the end you get spoiled by success and take it for granted. But having said that, much as I love Woz, Maria, Li or earlier faves like Hingis and Capriati, I'm in no doubt that if a miracle would make it possible for Evert to compete again today that I would root for her again above all others. For me there are so many memories assiociated with her. In some cases I not only remember the most important matches themselves but also what I did on that day when the match was over. How nervous I was before those matches. Sometimes even what records I played on that day. Weird stuff....

Thank you LI NA
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM   #4161
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute domon17th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that the first always has the edge. I celebrated and suffered with my later faves just as much as with Chris, and in a way if Caro would win a major it would mean even more from an emotional perspective because it would be so unexpected while Chris won majors (and everything else) all over the place. In the end you get spoiled by success and take it for granted. But having said that, much as I love Woz, Maria, Li or earlier faves like Hingis and Capriati, I'm in no doubt that if a miracle would make it possible for Evert to compete again today that I would root for her again above all others. For me there are so many memories assiociated with her. In some cases I not only remember the most important matches themselves but also what I did on that day when the match was over. How nervous I was before those matches. Sometimes even what records I played on that day. Weird stuff....
Exactly. It gets me all poignant and sad thinking about it. But no one will ever come close to Martha and Fed for me. I'm already dangerous close to having no favourites on the ATP with Fed playing part time

At least my favs are endorsement vultures who will be visible even long after their playing days I guess
domon17th is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:29 PM   #4162
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
OMG, sorry but I had no idea you were almost 30. Which is a good thing, I like that you are young at heart .

I have an idea that you are almost 20. Which is not a good thing, I don't like that you possesses the brain of an 8-year-old(being generous here).

Quote:
I'm an avatar-making flop I wish I possessed any kind of image editing abilities, but this is the product of 3 minutes on iPhoto
Child, as The Siberian Skindeads' gang-leader Queen Regent, I feel responsible for you. You cannot be walking the streets with that avatar. Go here and request one that will suit you; maybe inquiry a banner as well. Make worth of that cash, you wasted.

P.S.Oh, and end your love affair with that vile Quasimodo before I disown you.

Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4163
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Child, as The Siberian Skindeads' gang-leader Queen Regent, I feel responsible for you. You cannot be walking the streets with that avatar. Go here and request one that will suit you; maybe inquiry a banner as well. Make worth of that cash, you wasted.

P.S.Oh, and end your love affair with that vile Quasimodo before I disown you.
Relax, obviously I don't actually like that guy and am enjoying tricking him into thinking I do

And I will request an alteration because yes, I'm a mess

I feel like my father just whipped me with a belt
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4164
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Reminds me of a candidate on one of those beauty contests a number of years ago now. If I remember correctly it was for miss Belgium. Anyway, in the little test/quiz they always have to create the illusion that it just doesn't take t&a to win but also brains they asked one of the candidates, "what can you tell us about Fidel Castro?" Her answer was, "Isn't he the guy who won Wimbledon last year?"
That's a good one, just trying to picture in my mind Fidel Castro in a white tennis outfit ....
Quote:
GAWD this is my childhood. In Italian though.
I just spoke my friend who reminded me about Sailor Moon yesterday, I told him he ruined me because I can't stop listening and singing (!!) to that video since then.
Quote:
It's exactly how I imagine how it will be for me with tennis after Maria... Everyone has his own ONE true love, nothing could ever change it.
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM   #4165
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... why something tells me Svetlio is one of us almost-BUT-NOT-YET-30-and-forever-young?
Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM   #4166
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I completely get this it's the exact same for me , considering how long the yearly tennis season is, certain tournament highlights remind of particular events in my life and vice versa, whenever I think bak on events it reminds me of what was going on in the tennis too.
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM   #4167
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Exactly. It gets me all poignant and sad thinking about it. But no one will ever come close to Martha and Fed for me. I'm already dangerous close to having no favourites on the ATP with Fed playing part time

At least my favs are endorsement vultures who will be visible even long after their playing days I guess
Yes, I'm already missing Fed now and he's still the #2 ranked player. So I can only imagine how much I'll miss him when he'll truly be gone. I don't have any other faves on the male side either. I'll still follow the ATP because I love tennis itself, but it's not the same as when you have someone you're rooting for. I guess I'll just have to be patient until someone else turns that switch in me because I don't consciously choose faves.

But you are right in that Fed or Maria will never truly be gone because in a way they are almost bigger than the game itself. That's my biggest fear when it comes to Woz - that the day she retires will be the last I'll ever hear from her. At least if she stays with Rory I can perhaps catch a glimpse of her every now and then when he plays golf.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM   #4168
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I'm already missing Fed now and he's still the #2 ranked player. So I can only imagine how much I'll miss him when he'll truly be gone. I don't have any other faves on the male side either. I'll still follow the ATP because I love tennis itself, but it's not the same as when you have someone you're rooting for. I guess I'll just have to be patient until someone else turns that switch in me because I don't consciously choose faves.

But you are right in that Fed or Maria will never truly be gone because in a way they are almost bigger than the game itself. That's my biggest fear when it comes to Woz - that the day she retires will be the last I'll ever hear from her. At least if she stays with Rory I can perhaps catch a glimpse of her every now and then when he plays golf.
in Russia , In Saint-Petersburg i saw banners in subway with Caro promoting Turkish Airlines. I have never seen anything with Serena or Venus on the streets. Only Roger, Masha, russian players, Rafa and now Caro

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4169
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
in Russia , In Saint-Petersburg i saw banners in subway with Caro promoting Turkish Airlines. I have never seen anything with Serena or Venus on the streets. Only Roger, Masha, russian players, Rafa and now Caro
Gotta love those Russians.

Thank you LI NA
Old May 1st, 2013, 07:19 PM   #4170
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
What's about KvittyGoat (PetraReeMona) + Atlicznie , who out of sudden became devoted Reetards
This

And they called ME a troll!

Quote:
Reminds me of a candidate on one of those beauty contests a number of years ago now. If I remember correctly it was for miss Belgium. Anyway, in the little test/quiz they always have to create the illusion that it just doesn't take t&a to win but also brains they asked one of the candidates, "what can you tell us about Fidel Castro?" Her answer was, "Isn't he the guy who won Wimbledon last year?"

I was only joking btw, I am actually a fan of Chrissie myself

Quote:
Hey, leave Atlicznie alone! We're great friends now!
That's fake fan talk

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread