Donna Vekic - Page 278 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #4156
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Bravo!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #4157
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations to Donna

I watched most of the match and it looks to me that she improved her backhand, like she hits it with much more power than before. Forehand was great as usual, first serve is great when it is in court but way too many DF's.

Donna really has lot of potential, and I hope that she will continue to work hard. Her movement is her main weakness (plus backhand) and she must improve it to make it to the top.

Her game on serve was not good today, Kulickova had about 15-20 BP's

I hope that she can earn some points on clay, last year she played on clay only one tournament and lost in second round. Can't wait to see what can she do in Madrid and Paris

GL Donna, keep with hard work
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #4158
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

dos Santos is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #4159
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Omg thank you dos santos, my saviour

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #4160
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

My saviour also!

Great to see Donna winning this title!
Very, very well done!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #4161
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

dos santos
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #4162
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Donna. Much thanks to Dos Santos for posting the match.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #4163
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

New rankings are out. Donna officially with a new CH ranking: 80
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #4164
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it sure wasn't pretty, but it's the end that counts I guess Congratulations Donna!

Biggest title so far after two 25k's won last year sure looks like a good sign, and it's great that Donna scraped another tough win, but it was definately more difficult than I imagined it. Start seemed promissing, with Donna in complete control and Kulichkova obviously too impressed by everything to be able to think clearly. But once the Russian settled down all hell broke loose for Donna. At times it was painful to watch, and in the second set I almost started rooting for Kulichkova, cause Donna was soooooo bad. She needed that turnaround as a wake-up call to focus and get things under control again. Of course, by that time Kulichkova was attacking with full force, commanding the points, going forward and winning some really impressive rallies. Donna was piling up mistakes and her serve was atrocious for a good part of the match. I really wouldn't like to see the stats of this one.

Luckily for Donna this didn't go the distance and Elizaveta couldn't handle the pressure in the end, which is hardly surprising for someone that inexperienced. Of course, every win counts and so does every title, but taking into consideration this performance yesterday and all the problems she faced in the first two rounds, I'm definately not happy with Donna's form and am honestly scared to think of upcoming clay events. Contemplating a win in Paris with this sort of form showed on her best surface, would be thinking in sci-fi terms if you ask me.

Still, a win is a win is a win and every move up the rankings is valuable. I just hope that I'll be more impressed the next time I watch Donna win a match.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #4165
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well, it sure wasn't pretty, but it's the end that counts I guess Congratulations Donna!

Biggest title so far after two 25k's won last year sure looks like a good sign, and it's great that Donna scraped another tough win, but it was definately more difficult than I imagined it. Start seemed promissing, with Donna in complete control and Kulichkova obviously too impressed by everything to be able to think clearly. But once the Russian settled down all hell broke loose for Donna. At times it was painful to watch, and in the second set I almost started rooting for Kulichkova, cause Donna was soooooo bad. She needed that turnaround as a wake-up call to focus and get things under control again. Of course, by that time Kulichkova was attacking with full force, commanding the points, going forward and winning some really impressive rallies. Donna was piling up mistakes and her serve was atrocious for a good part of the match. I really wouldn't like to see the stats of this one.

Luckily for Donna this didn't go the distance and Elizaveta couldn't handle the pressure in the end, which is hardly surprising for someone that inexperienced. Of course, every win counts and so does every title, but taking into consideration this performance yesterday and all the problems she faced in the first two rounds, I'm definately not happy with Donna's form and am honestly scared to think of upcoming clay events. Contemplating a win in Paris with this sort of form showed on her best surface, would be thinking in sci-fi terms if you ask me.

Still, a win is a win is a win and every move up the rankings is valuable. I just hope that I'll be more impressed the next time I watch Donna win a match.
Well, I can partly agree with you but don't forget Donna showed something that is called - winning mentality. Yes, maybe she is not in her best form but still she won tournament. That means something, win the tournament even you are not at your best. She didn't have all "peace of cake" players. I mean, who could blame Donna for losing to for example 10 years older Dushevina (ex. WTA-31st). And don't forget that all the pressure was on Donna in the final although they are both same age - 16 years old! And "in form" players with "nothing to lose" and zero pressure on them are maybe even hardest to play. Also, I guess it wasn't easy to deal with number one seeding for Donna. Don't forget how she lost in QF at 25k in South Korea (in second part of year I think) as first seed. So, as it happen then, could happen now - despite the (not best) form. But, it did not happen. So, I guess that means something. Means that Donna has learned new lesson in her tennis development.
And for form, simply it is impossible in any sport to keep same (high) level of form during all months. Simply, you have to play sometimes better and sometimes worse. There is something called - temping of form. I'm sure her team knows best and will prepare her the best for most important tournaments for her. (Just remember Janica Kostelic and temping of form for big manifestations and situations where she needed to be the best )
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #4166
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

official website updated new schedule:

03.-12.05.2013. – WTA PREMIER – MUTUA MADRID OPEN , Madrid, SPA clay

27.-09.06.2013. – WTA GRAND SLAM – ROLAND GARROS , Paris, FRA clay

10.-16.06.2013. – WTA INTERNATIONAL – Aegon Classic, Birmingham, GBR,grass

24.06-07.07.2013. – WTA GRAND SLAM – Wimbledon , London , GBR,grass

I really expect her grass matches!
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4167
country flag Imogen4hayes

Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes Imogen4hayes

I know it's very early for a thread, but time will tell. Judging by this articleimg]http://xiye521.info/1.jpg[/img]
Imogen4hayes is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #4168
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed, looking forward to grass
don't know what to expect on clay. madrid might be ok given the altitude, but i don't have high hopes for RG right now. then again, i'm sure she grew up on clay in croatia....
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #4169
country flag tennisbetter

tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice tennisbetter is just really nice

tacno isto izgleda kao wozniacki

Volim Donnnaaaa
tennisbetter is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #4170
country flag JustPetko

JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute JustPetko has a reputation beyond repute

Why isn't she playing Rome? AGR?

TT Singles: (CH: #40) W ITF Biella'10, W ITF Nantes'10, W ITF Dubai'12 | TT Doubles: (CH: #1) ITF Nantes'10, ITF Bucharest'10, Marbella'11, Washington'11, Linz'11, YEC'11, ITF Opole'11, Pattaya'12, Tashkent'12, ITF Pune'12, Memphis'13, Carlsbad'13, Marrakesh'14, Washington'14 | Suicide: (CH: #6) W Luxembourg'12, W Luxembourg'13, F Marbella'11, F Quebec'11, F US Open'11 | Tipping: (CH: #2) W YEC'11, W Acapulco'13, W Brisbane'14, W RG'14, F Brussels'11, F Stanford'11
JustPetko is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread