Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #91
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Not true her best result are with her current coach . US Open and Guangzhou final
I doubt it = he had only just come on board at the US open so hardly in a position to influence the short term results. The improved performance was more to do with an uplift in confidence from the Olympics and working with Andy Murray's team, especially the physical trainer.
allracquetsports is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #92
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
I doubt it = he had only just come on board at the US open so hardly in a position to influence the short term results. The improved performance was more to do with an uplift in confidence from the Olympics and working with Andy Murray's team, especially the physical trainer.
You can say there's an asterisk if you like, but guichard's statement is true.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #93
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Notice that I didn't say he is the reason she did well at the US Open . I just pointed out a fact. Let's be honest there is always multitude of factor in a player good or bad performance.

Last edited by guichard : Apr 29th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #94
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Well It can't be her serving well more DF then last year, Laura sometimes is serve around 10-15 DF a Match, Today she didn't so that good, I think her movement has gotten better but still can improve, her volley skills should improve from her playing double this year, she be playing alot double. but I think it Mental for Laura, she not Mental tough like some tennis player but that can change over time as well. I also think Laura going kinda have those days in events when she going deep in events and sometime lose early round by player she should beat like today, like kvitova for exmaple but that can change as well. But I still think she might need a new coach or go back too Mouratoglou Academy if her results are keep going this way
Nope her stats have not changed much. Her result improved when she goat a better team around her
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #95

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Nope her stats have not changed much. Her result improved when she goat a better team around her
If you are going to measure performance by stats, you need to dig deeper to see what they mean.

In the 2nd set Morita won 75% of her 2nd serves and 53% of Laura's 2nd serve. Given that clay considerably reduces the server's advantage, the 2nd serve is mainly just putting the ball in play so it means that when it comes to consistently getting the ball over the net and between the white lines, Laura was well behind. Morita didn't have a single break point against her and the closeness of the 2nd set was due totally to a run of excellent service games from Laura where she won to love, love & 15. As soon as she had a break point against, the match was over.

The slowness of clay courts puts more of an onus on being able to rally for points, not just get cheap winners by using power and the speed of ball off the court. A very interesting stat that we don't get to see would be the distribution of points won that go to more than 3 or 4 shots each. By then any serve advantage should be well gone and it shows where you are relative to your opponent in the basics of tennis shot making.

The 2nd serve stats show that even if Laura improves her serve to take out many of the double faults, she still needs to make a lot of improvement to draw level with players ranked in the 40's and below.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #96
country flag guichard

Quote:
If you are going to measure performance by stats, you need to dig deeper to see what they mean.

In the 2nd set Morita won 75% of her 2nd serves and 53% of Laura's 2nd serve. Given that clay considerably reduces the server's advantage, the 2nd serve is mainly just putting the ball in play so it means that when it comes to consistently getting the ball over the net and between the white lines, Laura was well behind. Morita didn't have a single break point against her and the closeness of the 2nd set was due totally to a run of excellent service games from Laura where she won to love, love & 15. As soon as she had a break point against, the match was over.

The slowness of clay courts puts more of an onus on being able to rally for points, not just get cheap winners by using power and the speed of ball off the court. A very interesting stat that we don't get to see would be the distribution of points won that go to more than 3 or 4 shots each. By then any serve advantage should be well gone and it shows where you are relative to your opponent in the basics of tennis shot making.

The 2nd serve stats show that even if Laura improves her serve to take out many of the double faults, she still needs to make a lot of improvement to draw level with players ranked in the 40's and below.
Come on now. I was responding to " Well It can't be her serving well more DF then last year". I was not attempting to analyze in one sentence a match i didn't see. There is not one mention in my message of today match
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #97

Quote:
Come on now. I was responding to " Well It can't be her serving well more DF then last year". I was not attempting to analyze in one sentence a match i didn't see. There is not one mention in my message of today match
OK but over the last few disastrous weeks there have been a lot of comments on Laura's stats relating to her serve and DF's. I was just pointing out that while the DF count is a problem, focusing too much on it and blaming it for her losses is missing a wider problem. Fixing or simply improving it is not enough to put Laura where people expect her to be after the US & Aussie Open.
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #98
country flag Lloy4dAustin

Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light Lloy4dAustin is a glorious beacon of light

i think it is mental problem,she barely hit df when she playing double this year,but she often hit 2 df in a row or 3 df in a game.sometimes i don't like her attitude,she give up easily even when she is in advantage position
================================================== ================================================== ================
Lloy4dAustin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #99

Out in the 1st round of the doubles 6-3 6-3

Plenty of time to rest up before Madrid
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #100
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

It can't get any worse from here. I just hope she can get out of this slump soon.

Bring on Madrid.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #101
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #102
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

[16]Ivanovic vs Q
Jankovic vs Q
Rybarikova vs Robson
Pironkova vs [3]Aga Radwanska
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM   #103
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
As usual it's a winnable match if she was in any kind of form. But she's not.

So I'm expecting the worst. Again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 01:53 PM   #104
country flag Trey

Better pic of the draw so guys can see better

[/quote]
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM   #105
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
As usual it's a winnable match if she was in any kind of form. But she's not.

So I'm expecting the worst. Again.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
This.

No form, no confidence. Can't see her doing well here at all.