MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #16
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I honestly couldn't care less about Madrid.
If only Maria could skip this and focus all of her energy on Rome.
Just wait until she wins the tournament. Trust me, you will care. Seriously though, why does everyone seem to prefer a Rome title over Madrid? She's already won Rome a couple of times and Madrid is a premier mandatory. I understand that Rome has a longer tradition, but as said - she already won that one twice. I'd be happy with either title but if I had to choose between the two I'd take Madrid, at least this time.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #17
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
The title should be MADRID 2013 Mission: Not to suck (The dildo) .
How does one edit thread titles?

Just go to advanced?
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #18
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Just wait until she wins the tournament. Trust me, you will care. Seriously though, why does everyone seem to prefer a Rome title over Madrid? She's already won Rome a couple of times and Madrid is a premier mandatory. I understand that Rome has a longer tradition, but as said - she already won that one twice. I'd be happy with either title but if I had to choose between the two I'd take Madrid, at least this time.
For me personally tradition has a lot to do with it, however, apparently they are making the clay identical to RG this year. They have been red before but shoddy quality so I'm intrigued to see that. Although Rome conditions are more like RG with the altitude issues.

Also, IMO, it's better to have a loss here and do well in Rome, then go into RG on a high. All that said she could lose in both, I'll root for her in every match but would be less disapointed with a loss here than in Rome.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #19
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
they met in miami this year as no.1 and no.2 seed

i don't think serena will come easily through final, in miami was tough already, cibulkova choked we will se, i would like her to win there becouse she never did, it would be nice
They met in Miami as No. 1 and No. 2 ranked players in the world but Maria was seeded 3rd. Vika was the No. 2 seed in Miami.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #20
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
How does one edit thread titles?

Just go to advanced?
I think so .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #21
country flag jameshazza

Re: MADRID 2013 Mission: Not To Suck (That Dildo)

Changed. If people find it offensive etc I'll change it to a more PG title...
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #22
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For me personally tradition has a lot to do with it, however, apparently they are making the clay identical to RG this year. They have been red before but shoddy quality so I'm intrigued to see that. Although Rome conditions are more like RG with the altitude issues.

Also, IMO, it's better to have a loss here and do well in Rome, then go into RG on a high. All that said she could lose in both, I'll root for her in every match but would be less disapointed with a loss here than in Rome.
Makes sense. And I suppose that there's not that much difference between a mandatory and a premier5 in terms of how important they are. If anything the Italian title is even more prestigious because it's been around since the 1930's and many of the biggest names in history have won it. But it would be cool if Maria could get her name on that Madrid trophee as well before her career is over.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #23
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Makes sense. And I suppose that there's not that much difference between a mandatory and a premier5 in terms of how important they are. If anything the Italian title is even more prestigious because it's been around since the 1930's and many of the biggest names in history have won it. But it would be cool if Maria could get her name on that Madrid trophee as well before her career is over.
Yes, although she is going for 3 in a row in Rome as well. I think she'd be one of the few players to do that if she achieves it, and I'm not sure she could win both back to back, even in IW and Miami you have days in between and these matches are on clay (plus even if she could going into RG as defending champ AND undefeated would be an immense weight)

For me it really all depends on how the new surface they've put down plays.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #24
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

I would love for Maria to get a title here, Rome is getting boring .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #25
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

why has she gone to Moscow this week?
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #26
country flag jameshazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by doujyr View Post
why has she gone to Moscow this week?
She's there today, Sugarpova launch. I think it is only a flying visit though.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #27
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Changed. If people find it offensive etc I'll change it to a more PG title...
I can't think of anyone in SS who is overly sensitive
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #28
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

This thread title is f*cking atrocious. SS at an all-time low.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #29
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yes, although she is going for 3 in a row in Rome as well. I think she'd be one of the few players to do that if she achieves it, and I'm not sure she could win both back to back, even in IW and Miami you have days in between and these matches are on clay (plus even if she could going into RG as defending champ AND undefeated would be an immense weight)

For me it really all depends on how the new surface they've put down plays.
Yes, only Margaret Court, Chris Evert and Conchita Martinez have done that. Not bad company to be in, that's for sure. Martinez has much to my surprise (I just checked) even won four in a row.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #30
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

I would love her to win Madrid and if it happens I would be so happy with her result on Clay this season. I dont care much about Rome and FO-2013. Because she was mentally exhausted after a long schedule from Stuttgart to FO last year and was handed over the defeat so early at Wimbledon. So if she wins here at Madrid I want her to win Wimbledon this year rather than FO (I want her to win both). As many people said Rome was getting bored. If she wins here then I think she can skip Rome to conserve energy for the Big one at Paris.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote