Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #76
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura hits the red dirt - Clay Season Cheering Thread

She's been hitting with Julia Goerges and Yania Wickmayer, i think that's a great thing. She'll get a feel of her opponents game before she plays.

She had hitting sessions with Sharapova at the USO and that turned out well. I hope for the same here.
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #77
country flag Material World

Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of Material World has much to be proud of

Yes here's hoping for at least one win here in Portugal. Is Oeiras the same venue as Estoril?

Petkovic ~ Parmentier ~ Rezai ~ Errani ~ Vekic ~ Pavlyuchenkova ~ Halep ~ Konta ~ Riske
Material World is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #78
country flag Play_Suspended
Finding a cure for double-faultitis

Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of Play_Suspended has much to be proud of

God c'mon Laura...just one win here though it won't be easy and I'm not that confident...
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #79
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Obviously just wishful thinking on my part but I expected Laura to win her 1st round before reading that everyone else is not very hopeful. Morita is 19 - 11 for the year compared to Laura 5 - 9.

Even though there were still a few double faults I thought Laura's serve was much better in the Fed Cup. So as long as it doesn't go to 3 sets ...
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #80

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Sunny but very windy in Oeiras and appears to be blowing end to end down the main court. Presumably the court Laura is playing on will be even more open than the main court which has grandstands - will make serving a bit of a lottery from both ends.

Last edited by allracquetsports : Apr 29th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #81
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Laura, you can do it!
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #82
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Doubles WC in Madrid with Raymond
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #83
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

And the dreadful form continues....
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
And the dreadful form continues....
Is losing in 2 straight sets better or worse than getting annihilated in the 3rd as usually happens?
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #85
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't expecting nothing

Why do I think she'll get a 2/3R at the French? she only brings her game at the slams.
I don't expect her to really wake up till Wimbledon tbh. She's going to have to make sure she can defend those US/Asia swing points, otherwise she'll be taking a massive dump out the rankings.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #86

Always look on the bright side - come 2014 Laura won't have any points to defend apart from Oz so she could move back up the rankings from circa 100 which is where she will be if she doesn't show some improvement soon.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #87
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

SOme might disagree with me here but i think she need too go back too Mouratoglou Academy until she can find another coach who better, her result was much better when she was working with him and the coaching there then working with Željko Krajan. Željko Krajan to me has only done well with Safina IMO

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
SOme might disagree with me here but i think she need too go back too Mouratoglou Academy until she can find another coach who better, her result was much better when she was working with him and the coaching there then working with Željko Krajan. Željko Krajan to me has only done well with Safina IMO
It would be interesting to know which parts of her game he is working on. Is it the serve, ground strokes, movement, volleying, defensive slice, attacking topspin or what? She seems to have gone backwards in all facets of the game in the last 6 months so either he is teaching Laura the wrong things or she is incapable of playing his sort of game.

Or maybe he is just the choreographer for the dance videos?
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #89
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Not true her best result are with her current coach . US Open and Guangzhou final
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #90
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well It can't be her serving well more DF then last year, Laura sometimes is serve around 10-15 DF a Match, Today she didn't so that good, I think her movement has gotten better but still can improve, her volley skills should improve from her playing double this year, she be playing alot double. but I think it Mental for Laura, she not Mental tough like some tennis player but that can change over time as well. I also think Laura going kinda have those days in events when she going deep in events and sometime lose early round by player she should beat like today, like kvitova for exmaple but that can change as well. But I still think she might need a new coach or go back too Mouratoglou Academy if her results are keep going this way

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery

S. Crawford | L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote