When was Claypova born? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: When did it all start?

Amelia Island 2008 (first clay title) 0 0%
Starsbourg 2010 (first red clay title) 3 7.50%
RG 2010 (competitive match against Henin) 19 47.50%
Rome 2011 (first big clay title) 17 42.50%
Later 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #16
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: When was Claypova born?

Sadly I can't say if it was 2010 or what, because I didn't see it () so in my eyes I want to believe she was born in Rome 2011... the moment my second life as a Maria fan started. Unlike the many (way too many) I missed before, I never missed another tournament from then...
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #17
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuttons View Post
Don't forget she reached the Semis at RG 2007, losing to eventual champion Ana.....
Ana won FO in 2008.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #18
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Ana won FO in 2008.

Correct.......
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #19
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Ana won FO in 2008.

Exactly She became a champion eventually...

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #20
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeMashabator View Post
Actually, this (Pova herself said that this match inspired her to improve her clay game) I don't remember the exact quote, though

Praise Henin Debby should be proud
Fake fan knows what he's talking about
RG 2009, no match play, no sliding, no serve no nothing Martha beat a bunch of players by instincts and fight alone to get to the QF. (Kidding but I just like to point that out yet again)
domon17th is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:40 PM   #21
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Her match against Henin really changed the way she was going about her clay court game and the way she managed to improve that in general. I don't recall the first match when Maria started sliding to her backhand, but that day should really be marked .
Mr.Sharapova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #22
country flag MiiMo

MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of MiiMo has much to be proud of

I actually LOVED the way she played against Henin. I've always been saying that she has amazing drop shots but does not use it enough during matches. She is also able to produce really clean volleys and those "serve and volley" were absolute delight and even if she began having success in 2011 and 2012 on the surface, I never saw her play like she did in that 2nd set totally surprising Henin

World Number One : The One and Only One

PS : Haters gonna hate

Follow me on Twitter : http://twitter.com/UpdateWTA
MiiMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #23
country flag MaSharp

MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of MaSharp has much to be proud of

Things change a little through the years after her shoulder surgery but I think her breakthrough was in Rome 2011, her biggest clay tournament at that moment. She figured out she can play great in this surface and along with her mental strength, she's become a new CLAYGOAT.

2004 2006 2008 2012 2014

Giorgi | Konjuh
MaSharp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote