Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #886
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Uhh, Lisicki and Barthel easily into final.. I really hoped JJ and MLB would win because that way both would get ranking up and wouldn't need WC to enter upcoming tournaments in Madrid and Rome. This way I'm not sure they can even get a WC.. Mirjana is GS champion, does that mean she can get unlimited number of WC's for doubles?
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #887
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I think they have been getting WC because of Jankovic. I think if she could get WC because of past GS champion, she would have used it in the past.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #888
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

No, she doesn't get it because of it but maybe she can get unlimited number of WC's.
Because in singles player can get 3 MD WC and 3 QWC in a year, except GS champions-they can get unlimited number.

Anyway, Barthel/Lisiki won in final 64 75.. Such a shame for Mirjana and JJ
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 03:29 AM   #889
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Nice move up in the singles ranking for Mirjana this week, from 103 to 92.

I think that's the highest she has been ranked in about two years

Also a nice move up in doubles, from 92 to 86

Last edited by networthy : Apr 29th, 2013 at 03:37 AM.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #890
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It did not happen often during her career that Mirjana was ranked higher in doubles than in singles - not bad to see her well inside top 100 on both lists!
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #891
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light kuroishijin is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Nice move up in the singles ranking for Mirjana this week, from 103 to 92.

I think that's the highest she has been ranked in about two years

Also a nice move up in doubles, from 92 to 86
Hopefully she would be able to stay in first 100 for the rest of the year...
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #892
ajmo!

She's 80th in the race, which is quite good considering she hasn't won a match at the Australian Open(where most girls got a lot of points).
I feel like what she needs is a winnable R1 in Roland Garros. Quite crucial for this year.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #893
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

It's good she started on European clay early this season. She really needs to accumulate a significant number of points now to offset what she could theoretically lose at Wimbledon. Stuttgart was a great start. Winning at least a few matches at Madrid would be another positive step as I don't think she has any pts. to defend next week. Then she has quite a few points to defend at the Italian Open and Strasbourg. Winning at least one French Open match would help too. But I think we all know grass is her best surface and she can be counted on to defend most if not all of her 2012 grass pts. either at Wimbledon or in the Wimbledon warm ups or both. Even if she doesn't win another match between now and the end of Wimbledon, she would drop no further than roughly 135 so I think she can stay in the top 100 but hopefully move up a little between now and the end of Wimbledon.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #894
country flag SERVivor

I just noticed she is not ranked high enough to be in Madrid qualies as of yet. She will need some withdrawls, i.e. some higher ranked players opting to play ITFs rather than Madrid qualifying. Hopefully, she'll get in as she can do some damage there.
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #895
ajmo!

Yes, she quite far from qualies. But maybe someone will make QF in Estoril and some girls will surely decide to play Tranava and Cagnes Sur Mer. I believe she'll get in.
It would eb sad if she would again have to miss few weeks because she is one or two out just like after Wimbledon last year.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #896
ajmo!

Madrid draw to come out soon.

I expect a lot. When I see how easily Mirjana def. Oprandi in Charleston and how good results Oprandi has had on clay since, and what she has done in Stuttgart, also that she was in doubles with Jankovic and that they were only team in hole tournament that played even match with champions ...

Those are some fast courts in Madrid, could suit her(even better if it was blue clay like last year because agressive players were dominant on it-Nadal lost to Verdasco, Djokovic to Tipsarevic and Berdych in final..) but still it should be good.

Also I like that she'll play Brussels this year and not Strasbourg. A Premier event and a lot of points could be won.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM   #897
ajmo!

Very very bad draw in Madrid:

Lucic-Keys
Petkovic-Mattek Sands

Winner of two matches goes to MD.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #898
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

That's a rotten draw ! Probably the hardest of the 16 possible opponents she could have got but if she plays like she did against Vesnina then she has a chance.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM   #899
country flag SERVivor

Hopefully Prpic has a plan for her against Keyes. She's playing better than when Keyes beat her late last year, but Keyes is also ranked higher than she was then. The fact its on red clay should help Mirjana a bit. Should be a good hitting contest. Mattek Sands maybe due a letdown after last week. Petrovic not what she was a couple of years ago but still dangerous.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM   #900
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Keys will be tough. However, I wonder about Madison's game on clay, so Mirjana may have a chance...

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote