Pac 12 - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1201
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Hardebeck beats McPhillips 6-1, 6-0 (the website reports Hardebeck won but twitter reports McPhilips won)

KK beats Tsay 6-1, 3-6, 6-4
Maybe Hardebeck hasn't been doing as well because she plays down to her competition? If so, her mental game needs some work before she hits the pros.
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1202
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

I think Kyle won? The twitter has been correct all week and there's been mistakes on the website.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #1203
country flag SakiBomb25

SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice SakiBomb25 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I think Kyle won? The twitter has been correct all week and there's been mistakes on the website.
What the heck happened to Hardebeck? Is she just not as good as we all thought she would be? Where is the player that beat Hilary Barte in straight sets?
SakiBomb25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1204
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Yes, twitter was right and they fixed it on the website. Congrats Kyle!
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1205
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

Kyle only lost one game?

How can someone who plays top six for Stanford lose to KK in singles?
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #1206
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

By not giving enough credit to KK's game?
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1207
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1 match and a set.
Noelle Hickey is another player who improved methink.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #1208
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Kyle only lost one game?

How can someone who plays top six for Stanford lose to KK in singles?
Do you know that KK actually has beaten Krista to win the CIF SS champ? Don't underestimate KK's skills!

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #1209

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Noelle Hickey is another player who improved methink.
She and Elizabeth Lumpkin both improved AFTER graduating from UCLA in my opinion. I don't think Stella ever played Lumpkin in the top 3 spots while she was at UCLA...look at where she is now and look at where the girls who played ahead of her are.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1210
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Congratulations to Kyle.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #1211
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Don't underestimate KK's skills!
Yupp, and right now she seems to have not only the slice and dice wily skills, but also better than average starting D1 player on a competitive team hitting through the ball.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
Yupp, and right now she seems to have not only the slice and dice wily skills, but also better than average starting D1 player on a competitive team hitting through the ball.
KK has an interesting game. Whenever I see her play, I think of Fabrice Santoro or Monica Niculescu. Her game may not be as unconventional as theirs, but it's close! I can see her KK's game could frustrate and beat a higher ranked player, but I also could see her game losing to lower ranked players. Congrats to her on the win though!
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #1213

Good week at Ojai for UCLA.

UCLA men win the Pac-12 tournament.
Future Bruin Gage Brymer wins CIF.
Future Bruin Mackie wins the Open tournament.

Kyle McPhillips wins Pac-12 women's singles main draw.
Bruin alum Noelle Hickey wins the Open tournament.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #1214
country flag pembrokey

pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice

Quote:
1 match and a set.

Jones was the weakest no.2 at UCLA since Jackie Carleton.

I thought Kyle would be an ungrade over Jones but I did not expect such a huge one

Hopefully, Brady could do the same over Montez
pembrokey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #1215
country flag pembrokey

pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice pembrokey is just really nice

Quote:
She and Elizabeth Lumpkin both improved AFTER graduating from UCLA in my opinion. I don't think Stella ever played Lumpkin in the top 3 spots while she was at UCLA...look at where she is now and look at where the girls who played ahead of her are.
Lumpkin was a late bloomer. I watched a lot of UCLA tennis matches then and she was frustrating to watch in the first 3 years. She could be up a set and a break and still lost a match. However, she was a completely different player in her senior year. Her mental strength was vastly improved, she won many matches and even won her first pac 10 POW
pembrokey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote