STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche! - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1156
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post
KAMAN!!!!1111111one so many pressed bitchez on twitter

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1157
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

Really happy she defended her stuttgart title! 29th career title, 16 match winning streak on clay. Amazing!

I think this tournament is a testament to how much Maria has improved her fitness over the years. I don't think she won have been able to play this many long 3 setters a couple of years ago.

Plus, I really like how in her last 3 tournaments she's saved her best tennis till when it really counts.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1158
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
Gurl is everywhere
WTA is such a stan
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #1159
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
If she can end up taking another clay title, she has a chance to get two others during the USO series and during the fall season . I want a slam above all, the others are just a bonus.
True, although to call winning the title at Indian Wells and following it up with being the RU at Miami just a bonus probably doesn't do justice to the achievement. But yes, another slam plus four or five other titles would be incredible. She's setting herself up for what could possibly be a career best season. What an incredible person really when you consider where she's coming from. John McEnroe once said about his big rival Jimmy Connors that nobody in the history of the game has ever tried harder. Same could be said about Maria on the female side. What a champion, what a character!

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #1160
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
Really happy she defended her stuttgart title! 29th career title, 16 match winning streak on clay. Amazing!

I think this tournament is a testament to how much Maria has improved her fitness over the years. I don't think she won have been able to play this many long 3 setters a couple of years ago.

Plus, I really like how in her last 3 tournaments she's saved her best tennis till when it really counts.
That streak, as good as it is, needs to be broken before the French Open I don't want her to defend her major title with the undefeated etiquette on her back for such a long time, it could be good but I don't want all that pressure on her shoulders and all.

Beside, there is no way she is gonna win Madrid and Rome, and I want Rome more so she can lose against a top 5 in Madrid for all I care.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1161
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Is the new pic in the championship thread working for everyone else?
T496 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1162
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh agree, obviously you want her to try her best in every single tournament she enters, but if she makes the SF of Madrid and loses I'm not going to be devastated. Rome is more special to me as a fan, but either way she's defended a tournament and being on clay makes it that much sweeter
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM   #1163
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
Works for me
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #1164
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Nadalpova happens YET AGAIN
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1165
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

For me, I think I would rather Maria win Madrid this year just because it's one that she A) has never won and B) can gain so many points from. Obviously in a perfect world she'd win both , and a hatrick at Rome would probably be just as special as a fan , so we'll see.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1166
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T496 View Post
yes,but thats definitely not the best pic of her. I wonder why he Chose it. She looked so bored in that pic
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1167
country flag T496

T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all T496 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gociku View Post
yes,but thats definitely not the best pic of her. I wonder why he Chose it. She looked so bored in that pic
Ah I can see it now all of a sudden. Probably chose it cos it gets the full car in and the trophy? I like it!
T496 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #1168
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

Yeah, I would've picked the one of her in the car with the peace sign
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1169
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Here I am
Fighterpova, why did you change the title? >_<
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1170
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
To me, the moment of truth for Maria was 0-2 down in the 3rd set against Kerber. She had just lost 8 out of 9 games and was looking weary. She had every chance to call it a day, especially after all the tennis she had played the previous rounds. There was still a lot of clay court tennis to come, so a loss here wouldn't have been the worst thing. I would have been fine with it. She played valiantly, but it's time for some rest.

But Maria's will and ultra-competitive nature were having none of it. I think she decided right there that not only was she going to come back and beat Kerber, she decided she was going to win the whole tournament. Once she did defeat Angie, the tournament was hers. There was no way she was going to watch Li drive away in her Porsche after fighting like a gladiator for over 7 hours.

I don't get that feeling often with Maria. She usually leaves me tied up in knots. But I had this overwhelming belief that Li had little to no chance of winning today.
If Mexicola writes this, there's nothing much else to say
I had the feeling she was winning too, even if I was scared (but I'm scared also before R1 matches so..) -- I saw Maria improving her game from shitty vs Lucie to today's performance. Na was good, but nothing exceptional all week, and most of all she didn't encounter challenges. Quite the same happened at AO but inverting parts.
So so happy. I even start liking that blue of the Porsche.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote